Forum: HASA Birthday Cards Forum

Discussing: May 2005 Birthdays - 5

May 2005 Birthdays - 5

HASA Birthday Cards workshop

Instructions for Birthday Drabbling: instructions on the new system.

May 2005 birthday challenge

May 5 - paranoidangel (Nic): I promised Erin I'd ask for Elrond and Sam, so I'd like a drabble with those two in. My birthday's on the 5th (I'm quite happy for them to be late though!)

May 6 - RiverOtter: My birthday is May 6th. After much pondering and muttering, I am requesting encounters. Tell me about a meeting between any two characters - any Age or races or place. The more unusual or obscure, the better.

May 8 - Loremaster of Anorien: My fourteenth birthday is on May 8, and I'd love a drabble about the Denethor, Finduilas, Imrahil, Boromir, and Faramir during a celebration. It would be a happier moment for the rather troubled family who suffer painful losses and mischaracterization in fanfic.

May 9th - Radbooks: I know this is late as my birthday is tomorrow, but I would like a drabble about Aragorn and I.... oh, I bet it can't be an AU. Well, then I guess that's going to have to wait and be in my dreams and I probably don't want it to only be a drabble anyway. Seriously, I would like a drabble with Aragorn and Elrond or Aragorn and Eomer

May 13 - Pippin's Lass: I'd like drabbles on the hobbits (particularly Sam & Frodo) or Faramir (anything--with Eowyn, Elessar, as a child...). I'm also *quite* fond of horses, so anything with horses in is fine by me.

May 14 - Aliana: On May 14th I'll be 20, the age at which Aragorn learned the truth about his heritage. I'd like to hear about any LotR character making a discovery--large or small, funny or serious, that's up to you. Failing that, I'll also swipe Allie's request from March and say I'd not be averse to anything Houses of Healing, either.

Mat 23 - Eldamir: While I realize that I'm extremely late... I thought I might as well post this anyways, and see what happens! My birthday is on the 23rd, and I'd like a drabble about Faramir. I don't have anything too specific in mind, but nothing sexually explicit, please!

May 25 - Dwimordene: Did you know there's a world out there at 6:30 in the morning? I had forgotten. I dislike that I'm reminded. Ulk. To suit my mood, something about Castamir, Ornendil, and/or Eldacar. Something Kin-Strifish, which can include the arguments and tensions preceding the actual war. Post-war stuff would also be welcomed. Thanks!

May 27 - gronyats: Since I love History, I would enjoy a drabble about some interesting lore discussed between Elrond and Glorfindel.

May 30 - Starlight: I think this year I would like gapfillers or Middle-earth mysteries. Any type of gapfiller would do, set on whatever time period and the character of your choice. Anything that you have puzzled about, anything that draws your fancy, anything you wish had been expanded upon- they are all welcome!

If not, something set in Arnor would be lovely. Or, Eomer and Lothiriel. Or maybe something inspired by the Appendices?

Stories in Workshop: Dwim, paranoidangel, Aliana, RiverOtter

For Starlight

I wrote a drabble out of the blue a few days ago, and began to wonder: who in their right mind would want a drabble like this for their birthday? But, lo and behold, the drabble fits Starlight's request from, er, three months ago... I knew that if I searched back far enough, I'd find somebody crazy enough generous enough to appreciate the finer points of arachnid healing, that Tolkien failed to inform us about....

Starlight: I think this year I would like gapfillers or Middle-earth mysteries.

Dark Appetites

I endure.

Fated to survive, I stroke my bitter wounds, soothing them rhythmically. My damaged skin sloughs off, and then heals roughly over the many gashes; the scars remain, reminders of my agony. My belly, though long-empty, no longer weeps where it was pricked.

I need no sight to grope my way around my hidden corridors, nor to scheme how to avenge my affliction. I nurse my appetite for vengeance as carefully as my injuries, savoring the foretaste of sweet meat.

My eyes rebuild slowly. Till sight returns, I crouch in my dark retreat and bide my time.

And hunger.

Shelob was gone; and whether she lay long in her lair, nursing her malice and her misery, and in slow years of darkness healed herself from within, rebuilding her clustered eyes, until with hunger like death she spun once more her dreadful snares in the glens of the Mountains of Shadow, this tale does not tell.

The Two Towers, LoTR Book 4, Ch 10, The Choices of Master Samwise

Re: May Birthday Babes - Number 5- Starlight

May 30 - Starlight: I think this year I would like gapfillers or Middle-earth mysteries. Any type of gapfiller would do, set on whatever time period and the character of your choice. Anything that you have puzzled about, anything that draws your fancy, anything you wish had been expanded upon- they are all welcome!

I tried. I really, really tried to write a nice gap-filler mystery drabble. I tried so hard that it's now about 9,000 words. Does that count as a drabble? No? I didn't think so. I think it may still count as a present, though.

I present Starlight with Necessity and Desire which tries to answer the questions; just what did Elladan and Elrohir talk about with Aragorn when he didn't show up for Frodo's feast, why didn't anyone know where Aragorn was and why didn't they go looking for him sooner if he was expected at the feast and he wasn't there when it started, why was the head table at the feast so oddly arranged, where were Boromir, Legolas and Gimli during the feast, why did Aragorn show up wearing mail to the Hall of Fire, and why did Aragorn bring Narsil - out of its scabbard! - to the Council of Elrond the next day? That's 98 words just for the questions!

Thank you, Starlight, for jogging my muse. I hope you enjoy it!

Gwynnyd

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to HASA Birthday Cards Forum