Forum: HASA Birthday Cards Forum

Discussing: April 2005 Birthdays - 2

April 2005 Birthdays - 2

**NEW** 4/13/05
HASA Birthday Cards workshop

Instructions for Birthday Drabbling: instructions on the new system.

Special thanks to fliewatuet for being the first April baby to set up a story, and add it to workshop!

April 7 - Ainaechoiriel: I'll be 33. Legolas is my favorite character so, of course, I want something with him. How about something about Legolas's personal experience about why "we do not go that way" when speaking of following Gollum nigh to Dol Goldur?

April 20 - Nienna Narmolanya: Hi! My name is Nienna, and my birthday is April 20th. I will be 15 years old. I've never had a drabble written for me before. I'd like one that involves Éowyn and/or Merry. NO adult stuff, OK? It can be funny or serious; I like both equally.

April 22 - Nasira: I will be 23. I'm not picky about my drabbles. Whatever anyone comes up with will be just fine.

April 25 - Lady Ninde: I will be 47 years young on April 25. I would LOVE to see something with Elrond, Haldir,Boromir and Eomer...All four would be nice, or any combination of them would be great...

April 26 - Alexis Steele: I will be 24 on April 26. I would like a drabble featuring Faramir/Boromir/Elboron. Thank you.

April 28 - Shadow975 (Rachel): I'll be 41 on 4/28 and I would love a Faramir/Boromir drabble, anything happy and brotherly, preferably when they're adults but as children is also fine. The only other request I have about it is that Denethor, if he's mentioned, isn't mean or abusive or a villain.

I'd also take a similar Aragorn/Boromir drabble, or a Denethor/Faramir, or Denethor/Thorongil (c'mon, you know they must've had some pleasant moments together), or Thorongil/toddler!Boromir. (The slash just indicates those are the two characters I'd like to see interacting, not that I'm looking for the smut (though any smut between unrelated adults would be quite welcome.))

April 29 - Fliewatuet: My birthday is April 29 and I am still a pervy Aragorn fancier. So everything featuring my favourite Ranger/King/Captain/whatever is fine with me. Maybe some interaction with your favourite character? Or lacking a favourite character that fits into 3rd/4th Age some interaction with Denethor (always good for some tension) or Halbarad (if your drabble muse is rather in for some friendship)?

Hi...although I have read stories on this site for some time now, I never got around to joining..I like the idea of B.Day drabbles. I will be 47 years young on April 25. I would LOVE to see something with Elrond, Haldir,Boromir and Eomer...All four would be nice, or any combination of them would be great...Thanks...Lady Ninde

Re: April 2005 Birthday Drabbles

Hey, Lady Ninde! I posted your request in the current thread. All requests go there, please! Since that one already has had activity, we can use this thread when that one gets up to 50 posts Thanks for posting your request! Allie Challenges Manager

Re: April Birthday Drabbles

My birthday is April 7. I'll be 33. Legolas is my favorite character so, of course, I want something with him. How about something about Legolas's personal experience about why "we do not go that way" when speaking of following Gollum nigh to Dol Goldur? --Ainaechoiriel

Re: April 2005 Babies - For Fliewatuet

Happy early birthday Fliewatuet! You're an Aragorn fancier and I can relate to that, being a pervy Ranger fancier second only to a pervy Hobbit fancier! Here's a warm little Ranger drabble for your enjoyment. Hope it pleases...and that your birthday month is a wonderful one. Cheers, Vistula ~~~~ He is Mine He stands unclad, sponging away the sweat of dancing from his gilded form and I cannot help but watch. He is meticulous – the movements as precise as any made in battle. Yet tonight the warrior rests, the king defers. Tonight the lover commands. His mouth curves, smiles a secret smile, and I wonder what he ponders. Reclined upon our wedding bed, perhaps I know. Trembling water caresses curves of sun bronzed muscle – kissing flesh like the soft breeze of summer that blows through the curtained window. He is beautiful, and tonight, after too many years of waiting he is mine.

*SQUEEE* Aragorn! Not only shirtless, but unclad ... It's getting hot in here for this early in April! Thank you so much, Vistula. Rest assured that this drabble will be saved and cherished and read over and over again. Cheers, fliewatuet

Awesome, Vistula! So beautiful... *heart pounding now* (Oh, if you are interested in naughty hobbitses, you should contact Aranel Took... ) Yours Juno P.S.: Here is a naughty hobbit drabble provoked by Aranel's stories (crossposted at Aeneid's LJ). *** She longed to touch him. She wanted so much to feel his furry feet pressed against her naked body. But she barely dared to talk to him. Now she was alone with him. As she stared at him, spellbound by his green gaze, the expression on his face suddenly changed from friendliness to burning desire. She longed to run her fingers through his curly dark hair and caress his delicately pointed ears. All at once, she was in Pippin’s arms, and her vision grew hazy as his kisses found the most sensitive area at the base of her throat. “Ivy!” ***

Happy birthday, Ainaechoiriel

I slaved and slaved, Ainae, but I couldn't make Legolas talk to me. But here is a "Roots"-based drabble about the hunting of Gollum and why the Elves don't go near Dol Goldur. Happy birthday! The Path Untaken The prisoner's trail bent southward, ever southward. Birdsong ceased; the trees grew twisted, and in windless lands, unquiet peace unsettled the hearts of all who dared the shadow. Dorothil walks the fading trail and his dreams walk with him, nightmare memories of changling wolves, and one more terrible than they... A twig snaps. The patrol halts, stands stricken as into every mind come images unbidden— —Orcs innumerable—mountains belching fire—living shadow— Dol Guldur is years deep in darkness. Dorothil turns away, and to breathless companions says: "We will go no further. Gollum is gone. Today, the tower has won."

Re: April 2005 Babies - Part 2

For Rachel…a "pleasant" moment... More than Rivals Aragorn thrust his hands in the cool water and splashed his face, letting the water trickle off his chin and shiver down his bare chest. It was so hard to find a good partner in the city. Denethor was one of the few who could match him, thrust for thrust. It had been invigorating to couple with him again. And they had quarreled again this morning in Ecthelion’s council. He looked over at Denethor, who was just as sweaty and still breathing hard. Yes, it was good to work things out with more than tongues. “Another round tomorrow, then, Thorongil?”

I'm not sure of the meaning of "couple" as a verb - is the drabble intended to be slashy? Interesting, either way. Raksha the Demon, who has always thought that Denethor and Aragorn would make great slash partners, or sparring partners. Or both.

More than Rivals Very sneakily done, Elemmire. Hee heee.........slashy, yet not at all slash .

More than Rivals Elemmire, I absolutely loved this! Very subtle piece, allowing the reader to make his or her own conclusion. Outstanding! Cheers, Vistula

Thanks Fliewatuet and Juno for your comments on He is Mine. I'm glad you both liked it. I figured, with a naked and wet Aragorn, how could one go wrong? And Juno, thank you for sharing a bit about Naughty Hobbitses:-) Ooooh, just the thing for a Hobbit Fancier such as myself. Cheers, Vistula

Re: Happy birthday, Ainaechoiriel

The Path Untaken Chilling...absolutely chilling. Vistula

More than Rivals What lively duplicity! - Barbara

Re: Happy birthday, Ainaechoiriel

I slaved and slaved, Ainae, but I couldn't make Legolas talk to me. But here is a "Roots"-based drabble about the hunting of Gollum and why the Elves don't go near Dol Goldur. Happy birthday! The Path Untaken Thank you! I love it. Just like I said on the list. That was spooky and just perfect for a Roots drabble. Thank you! --Ainaechoiriel

Happy early birthday, Rachel

(Moved from the other thread)
Friends in High Places Boromir sighed. All around him, branches creaked in the breeze, but though restless, he found himself reluctant to move. 'Twas perhaps the thought of the long drop from the flet... Several sighs later, he's answered: "And they think Dwarves breathe loudly!" Startled, Boromir said, "I thought you slept." "No," Aragorn replied. "Worrying over our welcome here?" he asked, a slight edge to his voice. "No." "What then?" A sigh. "I'm worrying about the ledge just yonder." "Indeed?" "Yes." "Well," said Boromir after a moment, "we've somewhat in common!" A snort greeted this conclusion, then Aragorn replied wryly, "Indeed we do."
And I'm glad you liked your drabble, Ainae! Sorry there's no Legolas in it.

Legolas Drabble for Ainaechoiriel

Legolas is my favorite character so, of course, I want something with him. How about something about Legolas's personal experience about why "we do not go that way" when speaking of following Gollum nigh to Dol Goldur? We Do Not Go That Way At night Legolas dreamed of Dol Guldur. He dreamed of the blackened, twisted trees; the stench and filth; the dead, barren landscape. The broken song of the ruined forest seared his soul. But worse, far worse, was the memory of the one they had left there. He saw the terror in her face as the Nazgûl approached, heard her scream as a skeletal hand touched her – and saw again the arrow; his own arrow; that simultaneously freed her from torment and robbed the Nazgûl of his prey. Never again would any Elf approach Dol Guldur. The cost was too great. Happy Birthday, Ainae! Jay

Re: Legolas Drabble for Ainaechoiriel

That was awesome, Jay; chilling and perfectly poignant. I love the new light it sheds into Legolas' character, as way as the gapfiller. THanks! Starlight

For Alexis Steele

April 26 - Alexis Steele: I will be 24 on April 26. I would like a drabble featuring Faramir/Boromir/Elboron. Thank you. Born Again I try not to see him as my brother reborn: to live for another is a burden no child should bear. Still, it is Boromir who smiles down at me from the top of the tree he was forbidden to climb; who weeps fierce tears and refuses all comfort when his pony dies; who struggles determinedly, struggles until his hands are rubbed blister-raw, to master the sword; who ventures, shaking, into the darkened tomb of his fathers; who pets his little sister when she cries and offers her all his best-loved toys. Impudent, fierce, determined, brave, loving Boromir… and Elboron.

Re: For Alexis Steele

Awwwww. Little Elboron reminding his father of Boromir - this has been done before, but rarely so sweetly. Wish I'd written it! Raksha The Demon

Thanks, Rashka! That's a lovely thing to say. Avon

Little Elboron reminding his father of Boromir - this has been done before, but rarely so sweetly. Raksha is absolutely correct - this is charming, showing Faramir' s pride in both his brother and his son. And with just a touch of poignancy --lovely.

Thanks, EdorasLass. I never know if my drabbles work until someone tells me so I''m really pleased to hear that you liked it. It was very difficult to fit enough into 100 words. ;-)

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, Ainaechoiriel

Here's a triple-drabble in honor of your 33-birthday. Leggy didn't take me toward Dol Goldur; instead, this is a Fourth Age moment. Apologies if I don't use the possesive properly with "mellyrn"....This is the first time I've written anything from Legolas' pov; hope it's credible. Oh, this piece was partially inspired by marastar's delightful Legolas/Elboron drabble, "False Realm" in the last thread. Hope you had a great birthday! Raksha The Demon WINDS OF CHANGE Eowyn’s tresses have lost their gold, like the fading mellyrn of Lorien. Her face is still fair, but marked by the pitiless tracks of time. Elboron, once a youngling who merrily climbed onto my shoulders, is now a grandfather. My friend Faramir’s raven hair has turned iron-grey. He will wither while the cypress trees we planted grow slowly skyward. Aragorn, though hale, no longer runs apace with me as he once did when we hunted the Uruk-hai. I can see the gleam of fear in Arwen’s eyes as she, still youthful, watches Aragorn’s slower steps. The Lord of the White Tree cannot defeat the frost that awaits him. And Gimli is also mortal. Where have the seasons fled? Men and Halflings wed, have children, and hurtle toward the winter of their lives in only a small span of years. They seize life so swiftly, the sweet and the bitter, in the manner of greedy children eating sun-warmed peaches, sucking the nectar from the fruits until only the wrinkled pits remain. My people take more time to ponder and savor such bounty. But we have always had more time. We now become as trees whose few seeds are scattered on inclement winds, sowing scarcely any saplings, while the younger races increase at a faster pace. There will come a day when time itself will be a burden to the Eldar that remain here. The call of the distant Sea waxes as my mortal friends’ lives begin to wane. I do not think I shall linger here after they make their final journeys. I once rejoiced in the tumult of change. Now I yearn for more peaceful climes. I will seek the Undying Lands, where, ‘tis said, my people flourish in changeless grace, and time treads softly on the mellyrn’s golden leaves.

Re: HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, Ainaechoiriel

Raksha, I really enjoyed your drabble. It reminded me of one of my favourite poems, Ode to Autumn, by John Keats: To bend with apples the moss'd cottage-trees, And fill all fruit with ripeness to the core; To swell the gourd, and plump the hazel shells With a sweet kernel; to set budding more, And still more, later flowers for the bees, Until they think warm days will never cease; For Summer has o'erbrimm'd their clammy cells. I'm glad you took on Legolas' sea-longing and expanded on it so beautifully. It's one of my favourite parts about him. We Legolas novices need to stick together!

You're comparing me to Keats? Squeeeeeee! I'm honored. Thanx much, and glad you liked it. Legolas isn't easy to write, at least not for me... Raksha

For Nasira

Nasira said: I will be 23. I'm not picky about my drabbles. Whatever anyone comes up with will be just fine. This is a series of three interlinked 100-word drabbles, involving some of my favourite characters and a 23-year-old... well, you'll find out who. Principles of Horsemanship (Edit: revised in line with some excellent feedback from Gwynnyd.) A big thank you for helping me defang a fairly long-standing nuzgul in just 300 words (rather than the 20,000 I seem to take for anything these days). Happy Birthday! Cheers, Liz

Re: For Nasira

OOOH, lucky Nasira! What a great triple-drabble And a wonderful ending! Feel free to spend 20,000 words on this nuzgul in the future! Raksha

Principles of Horsemanship Oh, Liz, these are superb! That last one is a shocker - what a positive surprise! I'm struggling with writing a drabble series myself -- thank you for the inspiration on how that form can be done well! - Barbara

Thanks Raksha and Barbara - I'm glad the ending proved a surprise. Feel free to spend 20,000 words on this nuzgul in the future! No, no, it's defanged. Really. (Um, I think so. I hope so....) But don't worry, I have plenty of other nuzgul about Faramir or Faramir and Eowyn that I can spend 20,000 words on. I'm struggling with writing a drabble series myself -- thank you for the inspiration on how that form can be done well! Glad to be an inspiration, although I'm wondering if I should turn this into a single drabble and a double drabble, since the middle drabble of the three doesn't feel like it stands alone, but merely sets up the last part. Also, I've caught up reading back through this thread and wanted to add my congratulations to everyone else's for Avon, for her wonderful drabble "Born Again". Also Raksha's elegaic "Winds of Change": the paragraph starting "Where have the seasons fled?" is deeply moving. Cheers, Liz

Raksha, will you enter this for the proposed 'Many Ages of Men' challenge? (see Prospective Challenges forum)

Happy Birthday, Rachel (Shadow975) Since I've been busy posting about other folks' drabbles, I thought I probably should put one of my own. It is Denethor - but at an earlier time - and not mean, abusive or villaneous - much my preferences too! Late Denethor's eyes flew open. His heart was screaming in his chest. He groaned. How could this have happened? He had missed the meeting. His father would be livid. Why had no one woken him? He lay, huddled in his bed, trying to think what he could say, what excuse he could give, but he knew there was none. Slowly, he moved the covers and swung his legs off the bed. The cold of the marble floor made him grimace and tightened his toes into a fierce cramp. He opened the drapes. The sky was dark. It had been a dream. Agape PS - the drabbles have been magnificent this month!

For fliewatuet--a genuine drabble this time

War Games 'Tis a stormy day, the sort to make a Ranger curse, as Halbarad does for Ranger-lads who'll come not home this time. But someone had to stop those trolls... Later, nursing grief and bruises, Halbarad, as usual, recalls the list: ungwe-ando/Cpt, umbar-anga/Rhr... 'Frivolity', some would say, missing the point: men need companionship to pierce the bonds of war, reminder that, after all, war's not their only brotherhood. Thus when Menethril asks, "Anything else for Lord Aragorn?", he replies: "Give him this..." *** And elsewhere three weeks later, after Menethril's grim report, Aragorn can't but laugh despite troubles to read: Tinco-ungwe/Rk—check!
I tried to translate the usual chessboard notation into Middle-earth. So instead of a row of numbers, the letters are simply repeated. Bishops are captains (cpt), knights are "Rohirrim" (rhr), rooks are still rooks. Tengwar names handily and beautifully available at Amanye Tenceli.

Also, I've caught up reading back through this thread and wanted to add my congratulations to everyone else's for Avon, for her wonderful drabble "Born Again". Thanks, Liz! Avon

Gosh, I've been away too long. There are lovely drabbles here for my birthday! Or maybe I shouldn't say "lovely" given that the theme I asked for was a little well, someone said "chilling" and I think that best describes it. And Jay, you did a great job of it right here! I think I've seen something like this (the event, not the drabble) in a story somewhere, but my memory doesn't let me pin it down. Still, it was good then and good now. Legolas saved her from horror at the expense of his own innocence. Thank you! --Ainaechoiriel

Raksha, that was just beautiful! Wonderful descriptions of mortals growing old from an immortal who does not and that last paragraph is just sad and beautiful and hopeful at the same time! Thank you! --Ainaechoiriel

Hi! My name is Nienna, and my birthday is April 20th. I will be 15 years old. I've never had a drabble written for me before. I'd like one that involves Éowyn and/or Merry. NO adult stuff, OK? It can be funny or serious; I like both equally.

Thanks, Ainaechoiriel! Yes, this is based on a story I have at Stories of Arda ('Shadows Over Lasgalen'). It's the only time I've written about Dol Guldur, so I used the same idea. To be a Kinslayer is a terrible condemnation - but sometimes, it was the right thing to do Jay

Aww, that's so sweet and heartbreaking at the same time. Thank you very much.

Great. Pleased that you liked it. Avon

Raksha, that was just beautiful! Wonderful descriptions of mortals growing old from an immortal who does not and that last paragraph is just sad and beautiful and hopeful at the same time! I'm so glad you liked it - Legolas isn't an easy fellow to capture, and I felt somewhat presumptuous in trying to get him 60-70 years after ROTK...But my muse insisted I give it a go! Sometime I'll have to try drabbling happy!younger!Legolas! RAKSHA, envisioning Legolas dancing at a harvest festival in Ithilien or on the Pelennor, early 4th Age...

Happy Birthday Nasira!

I give you Denethor and Finduilas, in what could possibly be the conception of one of the hottest Men to have roamed Middle-earth. I hope you like it! You can blame EdorasLass for my pervy state of mind and the Mature Content warning, however. Drown She watches his hand as it drifts over pale skin. Returning, always returning; like waves upon the shore. His dark hair spreads, like a gull's wing, over her belly. She closes her eyes, so she is lost to all but a piercing touch, a burning mouth. Slowly, he makes and unmakes her. Breaks her, renames her. The waters are dark and deep, like a jewel, rivaling the night. She whispers a plea; but he is unreachable. Then the tide turns; it comes for her. It swells, it grows… I will live by the sea no more, she thinks, and drowns.

Re: Happy Birthday Nasira!

Hoo-boy! That is hot. And beautiful. Lovely use of water-imagery. I think I'll go take a nice, cold shower now.... RAKSHA

INROADS - for Nienna

oops - accidental double-post.

INROADS - for Nienna

Happy Belated Birthday, Nienna! Here's a 500-word Eowyn mega-drabble. Sorry, Merry's back in the Shire by the time this occurs. I tried to put you, or someone like you, into the scene. RAKSHA THE DEMON INROADS Eowyn is weary now, more weary than she had felt after awakening in the Houses with the cold brand of the Witch-King’s touch on her skin. She has hosted her first dinner as the Steward’s Lady, while Faramir and Aragorn attended a late Council. The evening was long. When would it end? Some of the ladies had flattered her, some had been wary, a few were openly spiteful. By the time the dishes of sweetmeats had been cleared, she had known that she might never be forgiven having taken their coveted matrimonial prize - Faramir, long desired by mothers for their daughters, and daughters for their own dreams. Were it not for Arwen’s presence, Eowyn did not think she could have endured the past few hours. Her guests had laughed at her behind their soft hands, stabbed at her with their eyes. But they cannot make Eowyn cry, not this flock of tittering women who could not tell a hauberk from a glaive. She smiles with the pride of the House of Eorl. She comforts herself by imagining the simpering ladies as chattering magpies. Arwen, bound in conversation with Lord Hurin’s sister, gives Eowyn a glance of comradely approval. “Lady Eowyn?” A shy young voice entreats. She turns to see a girl of fourteen or fifteen years, Lady Morduinel’s daughter. That lady had met Eowyn with derision in her eyes, surprised to hear her Sindarin greeting. As if a mare suddenly spoke to her in the tongues of Men, she thought bitterly. She forced herself to look gently upon the girl, who at least had offered her no discourtesy. “Yes, my dear?” Eowyn answers, knowing that she is speaking over-familiarly; but unable to recall the girl’s name. The girl blushes, her small hands curling into fists. She fears me, Eowyn thinks sorrowfully. Now she is frightening young maids. How much more misery will this occasion bring? Suddenly the girl curtseys before her, then shyly raises wide grey eyes to Eowyn. “I..I just wanted to tell you, my lady..” The girl sucks in an anxious breath, and continues. “To thank you. My father fell on the Pelennor Field. If you had not slain the captain of the Fell Riders, my brother would surely have fallen, and many others. My house owes you gratitude. We all do.” Eowyn’s smile is grave but unforced. Without thought, she takes the maid’s hand and tells her that she is a brave girl, that the blood of Gondor has bled with that of the Mark, two proud peoples joined as friends in war and now peace. She does not see, but later Arwen will tell her, that some of the other women had heard the conversation, and how their faces had softened as they glanced at the Lady of the Shield-arm and the fatherless maiden. A score of them look at Eowyn with new respect. A few will seek out her friendship in the weeks that follow. Roads once closed to her begin, slowly, to open.

For Ainaechoiriel

Happy Belated Birthday, Ainae! This is very late, and 300 words- the longest piece I've written in months. I hope you like it, and here's with the best wishes for a happy year. Cheers, Starlight *** Uncharted Waters One day, in Lórien, Legolas and Gimli walked side by side. The Elf had spoken of the leaves and lives of the forest. Of his home he’d said little. A nice courtesy, Gimli thought. He already knew all he cared to know of Thranduil’s halls. ‘So, what do you think?’ Legolas asked, back at Caras Galadhon. ‘Umm… Interesting,’ Gimli said, avoiding the Elf’s eye. ‘Interesting?’ He cocked his hip and leaned against a bole. ‘Twas all he could do, Gimli suspected, to conceal he’d been offended. ‘Well, I cannot appreciate everything there is to know about wood-lore in one outing, can I?’ ‘I suppose not.’ ‘Well-’ ‘Well what?’ Legolas crossed his arms over his chest. ‘Will you say what bothers you now, plainly, or will you hoard your thoughts?’ At least Legolas had the decency to show regret at his turn of phrase. It did not appease Gimli. ‘If truth be known, had your people shown more care with that Gollum, we wouldn’t even be here in the first place!’ Legolas’ eyes widened, and Gimli knew at once he’d overstepped. The Elf drew himself up, a slender menacing spire. ‘You do realize that is a very unpopular thing to say here.’ ‘I care not what others think of me.’ ‘We tracked Gollum!’ ‘Not well enough.’ ‘When you live in shadows,’ Legolas said, stepping closer, ‘and see all you love fade away into darkness; when you hear your kinsmen screaming from the dungeons while you feel the Yrch’s breath on your neck and you know that death at their hands would be more welcome…’ He turned on his back and looked sidelong at Gimli. ‘When you’ve felt the darkness grip at your heart,’ a pause, ‘please, do go back and find him yourself.’ ‘So much for thoughts of friendship,’ muttered Gimli.

Re: Happy Birthday Nasira!

You can blame EdorasLass for my pervy state of mind and the Mature Content warning, however. Me? What? I didn't do anyth--oh, right, yeah I did. And this is so lovely -- it's exactly the thing I've been trying to do and having no luck at. *jealous*

Re: INROADS - for Nienna

Oooh, Raksha, nicely done! this flock of tittering women who could not tell a hauberk from a glaive I literally laughed out loud at this, because it's so perfectly the kind of thing I'd be thinking about such women. I've always felt bad for Eowyn - my idea of the court at Gondor is that it's rather formal and probably stuffy, compared to Edoras, and that the ladies are likely very, very catty. Don't think she'd like that too well, and you've done a great job portraying Eowyn's lack of patience with the whole thing.

Re: For Ainaechoiriel

Happy Belated Birthday, Ainae! This is very late, and 300 words- the longest piece I've written in months. I hope you like it, and here's with the best wishes for a happy year. Cheers, Starlight *** Uncharted Waters Read this onlist and was thoroughly wowed! Thanks again! Now I'm here trying to lure little drabble-sized nuzgul. --Ainaechoiriel

For Lady Ninde, who wanted Boromir and Eomer and others. Sorry, I could only deliver these two. Hope you like it. A Brief Respite "’In Imladris it dwells,’" Boromir repeated. "My father says it is a realm of Elves in the north, home to Elrond HalfElven.” Éomer leaned against the stall. "I never heard of it. Elves, though, I heard of. Dangerous lot, half or whole. We likely shall never see that horse again.” Boromir smiled, glad for a moment of mirth. “Good to know your concern is right-placed, Éomer, son of Éomund. Fear not. You shall see your horse again.” Éomer took hold of Boromir’s shoulder. “I speak in seriousness, Boromir, son of Denethor. Can the horse return if her rider does not?” --Ainaechoiriel

Nicely done - I wish JRRT had been able to give us more Eomer/Boromir, not to mention more Faramir/Boromir - in a non-slashy way; so I especially enjoyed Eomer and Boromir chatting in the stables here. What did happen to the horse? Did it disappear, die, or come back to Edoras? RAKSHA

Thanks Raksha! I'm all about giving some action to the guys that get no action in fanon. Equal opportunity and all that. Besides, the Brothers Mir sex appeal had to come from somewhere. In all seriousness, though, Inroads was lovely. I particulaly like how you've flushed out Eowyn's combative impulses with a more nurturing side, and the perspective you took on the women of Gondor and the impact the war had on them - both of which aren't examined nearly enough in fanfic, IMO. Nicely done! Now, EdorasLass, you say you can't write smut, but I happen to know otherwise. I suspect it's just another stalling tactic. I'm still holding you to some Theodred nekkidness!

What did happen to the horse? Did it disappear, die, or come back to Edoras? In TTT, doesn't Eomer tell Aragorn that the horse came back riderless? I'm way too lazy right now to go look it up, though.

I'm all about giving some action to the guys that get no action in fanon. That's gonna make you a pretty busy girl..... I'm still holding you to some Theodred nekkidness! Dude, there is totally Theodred nekkidness over there! That's just going to have to appease you for the moment!

Thank you SO much, Raksha! "Inroads" was beautiful! I especially loved the young girl that represented me. I could actually see myself in her. I've always wished I could be a part of a fantasy world. The end left me with a warm, happy feeling inside. What a wonderful birthday present! I really appreciate it! Thanks again. ~Nienna Narmolanya

New thread!

New thread here! Allie

Thank you. I believe it was written that the horse returned riderless. A bit of foreshadowing then, on my part. --Ainaechoiriel

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to HASA Birthday Cards Forum