Forum: HASA Birthday Cards Forum

Discussing: April 2005 Birthdays - 1

April 2005 Birthdays - 1

Post all new drabbles and requests here, please!

RiverOtter

April 7 - Ainaechoiriel: I'll be 33. Legolas is my favorite character so, of course, I want something with him. How about something about Legolas's personal experience about why "we do not go that way" when speaking of following Gollum nigh to Dol Goldur?

April 22 - Nasira: I will be 23. I'm not picky about my drabbles. Whatever anyone comes up with will be just fine.

April 25 - Lady Ninde: I will be 47 years young on April 25. I would LOVE to see something with Elrond, Haldir,Boromir and Eomer...All four would be nice, or any combination of them would be great...

April 26 - Alexis Steele: I will be 24 on April 26. I would like a drabble featuring Faramir/Boromir/Elboron. Thank you.

April 28 - Shadow975 (Rachel): I'll be 41 on 4/28 and I would love a Faramir/Boromir drabble, anything happy and brotherly, preferably when they're adults but as children is also fine. The only other request I have about it is that Denethor, if he's mentioned, isn't mean or abusive or a villain.

I'd also take a similar Aragorn/Boromir drabble, or a Denethor/Faramir, or Denethor/Thorongil (c'mon, you know they must've had some pleasant moments together), or Thorongil/toddler!Boromir. (The slash just indicates those are the two characters I'd like to see interacting, not that I'm looking for the smut (though any smut between unrelated adults would be quite welcome.))

April 29 - Fliewatuet:My birthday is April 29 and I am still a pervy Aragorn fancier. So everything featuring my favourite Ranger/King/Captain/whatever is fine with me. Maybe some interaction with your favourite character? Or lacking a favourite character that fits into 3rd/4th Age some interaction with Denethor (always good for some tension) or Halbarad (if your drabble muse is rather in for some friendship)?

Re: April 2005 Birthday Celebrations

I feel a bit shy, having been so quiet for so long, about romping back in and requesting a birthday drabble, but am home sick from work and feeling quite self-pitying (my hair hurts), so, um. Anyway, I'll be 41 on 4/28 and I would love a Faramir/Boromir drabble, anything happy and brotherly, preferably when they're adults but as children is also fine. The only other request I have about it is that Denethor, if he's mentioned, isn't mean or abusive or a villain. I'd also take a similar Aragorn/Boromir drabble, or a Denethor/Faramir, or Denethor/Thorongil (c'mon, you know they must've had some pleasant moments together), or Thorongil/toddler!Boromir. ETA: The slash just indicates those are the two characters I'd like to see interacting, not that I'm looking for the smut (though any smut between unrelated adults would be quite welcome. Shyly, Rachel

Yay! The first request, the first request! (I'm excited, can ya tell?) Oh, and you shouldn't feel at all shy: birthday drabbles are so much fun for people to write! I just rediscovered this this month, when I've been writing them for all the March babies. Allie

My birthday is April 22 I will be 23. I'm not picky about my drabbles. Whatever anyone comes up with will be just fine. :-)

Re: Shadow975

Yay! More birthdays! This is a prelude to "Small Gifts", which I wrote for Vistula's birthday. I didn't do it on purpose; it just happened. And of course it's more like a double.. Happy Birthday, Rachel! Different Kinds of Patience “What are you carving?” Boromir did not glance up at Aragorn’s question. “I’m not certain,” he answered, making a long, arching cut on the wood. “I do not usually start with anything specific in mind; I just begin, and it becomes what it will.” He held it out at arm’s length,, frowning at some flaw Aragorn did not see. “It is an old habit,” Boromir elaborated, correcting the invisible defect with a precise motion of the tip of his knife. “My brother has an entire collection of such figures, soldiers and dragons and the like. And it helped while away those long, dull hours in the field, while we sat idle, waiting for action.” Aragorn nodded. “Several of my companions passed the time the same way,” he said, “but I myself was never good at whittling anything but toothpicks. It requires too much patience.” Boromir eyed Aragorn skeptically. “You do not have patience.” Aragorn’s smile was wry. “There are different kinds of patience, my friend.” He tilted his head, examining the unfinished carving. “It looks a bit like a horse.” Boromir turned the wood from side to side. “You are right,” he agreed, an inspired gleam stealing into his eyes. “Although I might say it looks more like a pony.”

Hi Rachel, I just want to clarify. You said: I would love a Faramir/Boromir drabble, anything happy and brotherly, preferably when they're adults but as children is also fine. The only other request I have about it is that Denethor, if he's mentioned, isn't mean or abusive or a villain. I'd also take a similar Aragorn/Boromir drabble, or a Denethor/Faramir, or Denethor/Thorongil (c'mon, you know they must've had some pleasant moments together), or Thorongil/toddler!Boromir. When you use the / , you just mean a drabble involving the two characters, not necessarily a slash drabble with the two of them in a romantic relationship, right? Marta

When you use the / , you just mean a drabble involving the two characters, not necessarily a slash drabble with the two of them in a romantic relationship, right? *beverage warning needed* Man, that never even crossed my mind.

When you use the / , you just mean a drabble involving the two characters, not necessarily a slash drabble with the two of them in a romantic relationship, right? *g* That's correct. Heh. Though if someone wanted to write a slashy Aragorn/Boromir or Thorongil/Denethor I wouldn't say no.

This is a prelude to "Small Gifts", which I wrote for Vistula's birthday. I didn't do it on purpose; it just happened. Oh, and it happened beautifully. EdorasLass, that's lovely! Thank you so much! What a perfect image of these two. *squees and dances*

Would you like me to edit your request in the top post, Rachel? I can make a note of your preferences, if you'd like. Allie

Sure thing -- that'd be lovely! I've just edited my own original post, so if you'd like you can just add that text. Thanks very much!

Re: Happy Birthday, Nasira!

Ok, this one got completely out of control and weighs in at about 600 words, so here's the link: Sliding There may be copious editing, if I didn't do that link right the first time. edit one edit two edit three Ok, I was going to be bloody-minded and fight with it, but someone can just clue me in later -- I don't know how to make it go to one "drabble", instead of the whole overview! edit four YAY! Thank you, Allie! Have a great one, Nasira!

Oh, and it happened beautifully. EdorasLass, that's lovely! Thank you so much! What a perfect image of these two. *squees and dances* I'm glad you liked it! It really kind of just wrote itself. I don't know why I got it in my head that Boromir whittles &/or carves, but I feel certain it will pop up again in some other story.

*beverage warning needed* Man, that never even crossed my mind. What can I say, I am hopelessly depraved. Marta

EdorasLass, oh my! That is just awesome!! It isn't my present, but I feel that I must tell you that I love it! Allie (giggling at Eomer and Faramir) edit: replace the [ ] with < > and the link will go straight to the chapter. [a href=../stories/chapter_view.cfm?STID=4973&SPOrdinal=12]Sliding[/a] Sliding

Marta wrote: What can I say, I am hopelessly depraved. As proven by, let's see... the latest limerickfest (Warning: ADULT CONTENT) ? Yep, it's true. But at least you admit it freely! Allie

It isn't my present, but I feel that I must tell you that I love it! Allie (giggling at Eomer and Faramir) Thanks so much! It was really fun to write -- perhaps more than it should have been. But I am extremely fond of lovely men with children -- which is probably why it got so out of control. And I just like the image of those two being silly with their kids. Thanks for the link help! I think I see what I did wrong -- now I must go try it.

A very early present for Nasira!

Happy Birthday to you on the 22nd of April! Here's a drabble for you that contains the following words (and 23): mock, books, finite, play, knots, impartial + 23 It's a bit naughty. I hope you like it! Yours JunoMagic
~~~*~~~
What books can teach What books could teach! The knowledge contained in the books archived in the library of Minas Tirith seemed almost infinite! Éowyn was more than pleased with what she had discovered in the vaults today. This trip had been really a good idea; even the most impartial judge could see that! How to enhance love play with mock battles. Oh, yes, she could see the sense in that! But what about this? How to tie down your lover with silken ropes and 23 knots. Would Faramir like this? Éowyn’s smile was naughty. She was willing to give it a try …

Re: A very early present for Nasira!

It's a bit naughty. I hope you like it! From now on, when Juno says "it's naughty", I'm just going to put down anything I might be drinking. I just wonder what Denethor would say if he knew that books like that were in his library! Nice, Juno!

For Nasira

April 22 - Nasira: I will be 23. I'm not picky about my drabbles. Whatever anyone comes up with will be just fine. -------------------- Faramir rubbed the knots from his back and squeezed his eyes shut, his vision blurred from staring at the books all day. His father may mock him for being a wizard’s pupil, but even at only twenty-three, Faramir knew there was more to leadership than a sword in your hand. Of course, his father had never hidden that he was not impartial when it came to his sons. Even while boys at play, their father had always had more praise and encouragement for Boromir and a finite amount of patience for Faramir’s youthful clumsiness. “Finished already?” Mithrandir asked. “Well done!”

For Nasira

I was going to wait til April, but since everyone else is posting theirs... April 22 - Nasira: I will be 23. I'm not picky about my drabbles. Whatever anyone comes up with will be just fine. My books mock me. For all their number, their information is finite. They speak of how wars of old played out, but not how to quell the knots of tension mounting now in the world. I turn to them for answers and they give me none. Twenty three days have past since I have last seen my eldest son, my pride, my heir. Fell have my thoughts become of late. I perhaps am not impartial, but I would he have stayed here where he is needed rather than journey off to consort with elves about the meaning of mythical dreams.
My very first Denethor.

Happy (very early) birthday, Nasira!

OK. This is like the bow on the present: you can see it and it's pretty, but you can't see the real present yet. I present to you my very, very first ever half-drabble. Mastery And twenty-three and twenty-four... Unraveling the crystal’s riddle has yielded dozens of failed attempts. Success is finite, and numerous scars now play across his hands: the flames are impartial and implacable masters. Knots of ruined gems mock him, and chant his failures for the world to hear. Brilliant light… Success.

OMG. "Sliding" was just so -- *squeeeeees* I loved it! It was absolutely beautiful. Eomer and Faramir doing daddy duty together ... I'm still laughing! Allie, your half-drabble (!) is simply wonderful too. I don't know how you do it, but must be something like trying to bottle lightning. I've got to hang out here more...

Allie, your half-drabble (!) is simply wonderful too. I don't know how you do it, but must be something like trying to bottle lightning. Phew, I don't know how I did it either: that was the first time I've tried a half drabble. I've done perfect drabbles, imperfect drabbles, and drabbles of multiples, but never a division of a drabble. Glad you liked it! Allie

"Sliding" was just so -- *squeeeeees* And just think, I was inspired by a trip to bankruptcy court, which has long marble-floored corridors! Allie, your half-drabble (!) is simply wonderful too. I don't know how you do it, but must be something like trying to bottle lightning. I have to agree, Allie. It's all I can do to keep it 150 words. I'm very jealous of everyone who can do 100 words frequently, much less only 50! ...no, I'm not going bankrupt. I work for lawyers. I just realized how that sounded.

Different Kinds of Patience This is such a nice and different take on the Boromir and Aragorn relationship as is generally shown in fan fiction. Bravo! I really enjoyed it a lot. And to know who the pony is for makes it even more special. Cheers! Vistula

Re: April 2005 Birthday Celebrations - Early for Shadow975

Hello Rachel! Happy very early birthday to you! Strike while the iron is hot, that's my motto...particularly where the drabble muse is concerned. You mentioned Thorongil and toddler Boromir and this image just stuck in my mind and wouldn't let go. I hope you enjoy it! Have a wonderful birthday month. Cheers, Vistula ~~~~ A Matter of Importance Naked, squealing with the type of delight that only a child possesses, the Steward’s son ran through the practice yard a frantic nurse close on his heels. He dodged her grasping hands, to the mirth of the assembled men, and crawled under a laden table. Emerging from the far side, he scanned the crowd, seeking one among them. His quarry sighted he raced forward, and leaped into arms he knew would catch him. “T’ongil! T’ongil!” he proclaimed for all to hear. “I went poop!” To the roaring of laughter, the Captain smiled a gentle smile and whispered: “Well done Boromir.”

Re: April 2005 Birthday - Early for Nasira

Hello and happy very early birthday Nasira! I hope you have a wonderful birthday month. I'm glad your request was soooo broad, I've had this little drabble saved, waiting for just the right person. I hope you enjoy it. Cheers! Vistula ~~~ Flowers for Daddy “For you Da.” She stood there so proud, face wreathed in smiles, bearing a gift of love for her father. Flowers, still dripping soil from ravaged roots, lay clutched in her delicate hands. Rose gasped, shifting baby Frodo to her hip, and watched helplessly as Elanor held out her bounty – an armload of her father’s prized lilies. She watched as Sam turned to their small daughter, trusting in her husband’s gentle heart. “Elanor!” He spoke sharply and his daughter’s sweet smile vanished. Bottom lip trembling, she melted his heart with blue eyes. He knelt, relenting, and whispered: “They’re my favorite.”

For shadow975

Happy birthday, Rachel! I hope this pleases. First, though, I want to recognize two authors and stories which provided marvelous inspiration in writing this: Celandine Brandybuck's Remembering, for the lovely image of "tiny perfect fingers"; and Gwynnyd's Midsummer Forfeit, for causing me to look at Thorongil in this light. Where a man's treasure is, there will his heart be also The new father, brow furrowed in concentration, holds his child on a blanket spread over his lap. Bit by bit, he unfastens white linen swaddling and examines this extraordinary gift, this treasure. His eyes alight with joy and wonder, he marvels at the dark silken hair, the tiny perfect fingers, the milky-dreaming mouth. Is that a lullabye he softly sings? Care you know not, Therefore sleep, While I o'er you watch do keep. Sleep, my little son, Do not cry… Thorongil watches from the shadow, almost sick with envy and despair. Will he ever hold a son of his own?

For Lady Ninde

Well, I couldn't quite get all four to cooperate, but here's two, at least. Happy Birthday! Guardian Few people could intimidate Éomer with their mere presence, but the Lord Elrond was proving to be one of them. Elrond was approaching him now, and the new King of Rohan wondered frantically what he could possibly have to say to such an venerated Elven lord. “When I leave for Imladris,” the Lord Elrond said after a polite greeting, “my daughter wishes to remain here in Edoras, and await the return of her husband.” Éomer was a little startled at this disclosure, and further startled to realize that the other made no attempt to hide the grief in his eyes. Deep sympathy for Elrond’s heartache banished his discomfort utterly. Impulsively Éomer reached out and laid a comforting hand on the Elf’s shoulder. “I will watch over her,” he promised, “I will not let her stay in her room sorrowing.” The relief on Elrond’s face told Éomer that he‘d said exactly the right thing.

Re: For shadow975

His eyes alight with joy and wonder, he marvels at the dark silken hair, the tiny perfect fingers, the milky-dreaming mouth. Oh, Ann. What a lovely picture of father and child. I tend to be very harsh on Denethor, but this really endears him to me. And I can picture the expressions of both Denethor and Thorongil perfectly. Wonderful.

Re: April 2005 Birthday - Early for Nasira

Bottom lip trembling, she melted his heart with blue eyes. He knelt, relenting, and whispered: “They’re my favorite.” Wouldn't Sam just be the sweetest father? Very nice, Vistula!

Somehow, I feel bad for requesting a birthday drabble for myself, since I hardly participate in this whole birthday drabble business. But last year was so much fun ... *sigh*. Anyway ... My birthday is April 29 and I am still a pervy Aragorn fancier. So everything featuring my favourite Ranger/King/Captain/whatever is fine with me. Maybe some interaction with your favourite character? Or lacking a favourite character that fits into 3rd/4th Age some interaction with Denethor (always good for some tension) or Halbarad (if your drabble muse is rather in for some friendship)? TIA fliewatuet (the predictable)

For fliewatuet

The drabble nuzgûl are largely hiding in the darkened, paper-littered corners of my room, but as it so happens, I can partially meet the request for something about Aragorn. This has been sitting on my harddrive since last year, I think, failing to breed into a full-fledged story or even to suggest an attachment to any other WiP I have going. It comes to a tribble and a half--350 words. I doubt it'll ever go anywhere, which frustrates me, but except for the length, it makes a decent birthday card, I think. So happy early birthday, and I'll see if I can't write some proper birthday drabbles sometime later. Untitled She stands before the window, dark hair tumbled loose about her face, and looks out upon the City's streets. They're all lamp-lit this night, recalling the sun that shall come soon; as he joins her there in the embrasure, she says, "They are different each year." She says it with a touch of that sadness that the Eldar since the Breaking have never lost. Nevertheless, he cannot help but laugh softly. "We are none of us the same," he replies, and catches one of her hands between his two, raising it to gaze at the ring upon her finger. It glints silver in the moonlight, as it has for Ages of the world ere it came to her—a ring fit for promises indeed and he's profoundly glad, then, that he chose this ring over that other. She smiles as he turns her hand in his then to kiss her palm ere he says, as ever he does on Midsummer's Day Eve, "But though the seas rise and the earth changes, still, I love you." And 'tis her turn to laugh gaily when she runs her fingers through his hair, teasing at the silver threads at the temples that fulfilled the promise of yesteryears to become quite magnificent streaks. All things change, and lately, he's come to think that he can feel all the years since their marriage—that they have happened in fact, that they have at last acquired their proper gravity. He can feel them now, feel that perhaps it has been long since they stood before each other in the Court of the Fountain, and longer still since they stood upon Cerin Amroth and made their pledges. I will cleave to you, Dúnadan, and turn from the Twilight. "For the Twilight I promised you the sun," he murmurs, remembering. "And I promised to be your eventide at the end of each and all our days," she replies, and looks him full in the face. Thereafter, 'tis quiet in their chamber—no need for words as hand to hand, heart to heart, they together celebrate the Night redeemed.
I will cleave to you, Dúnadan, and turn from the Twilight.—"The Tale of Aragorn and Arwen", Appendix A, 387

Re: For Lady Ninde

Thank you EdorasLass, it's lovely...I really hated the part when Elrond has to bid Arwen farewell. In the movie his face was so anguished;I cry every time I watch it...This makes it so much better....

I will be 24 on April 26. I would like a drabble featuring Faramir/Boromir/Elboron. Thank you

for Fliewatuet!

I tried to get Aragorn to be all shirtless, but he wasn't cooperating, (he prolly knows I fancy Boromir) so instead you get Strider. Happy Birthday! Waiting He lurks in the shadows of the common room, as it sometimes seems he has lurked in the shadows of Middle Earth his entire life. His canny eyes see everything - the money that changes hands between two boorish men in the far corner, the candle that is about to be tipped over by a drunken hobbit‘s wild arm-waving, the approving way the serving girl eyes him, the cat which stalks grandly under and over tables as if it, too, is a king awaiting a throne. He draws deeply on his pipe, waiting with a patience so ingrained that he no longer realizes he possesses it. His time is approaching; he can feel it in his bones. It will not be easy, nor will it be bloodless. But it is the only way. The door to the inn opens, and four hobbits enter. He sees a swift, sharp flash of gold underneath the shirt of the eldest, and for an eternity that lasts only the blink of an eye, he is filled with inexplicable terror.

Happy Birthday Shadow975!

Early happy birthday to you, Rachel! *waves* It’s good to see you again I did want to write you a Brothers Mir drabble but for some reason I ended up with a double drabble on toddler!Boromir and Thorongil. The Captain’s Day Out It was a beautiful place. He’d discovered it while riding out on the Pelennor a week ago. A tiny shaded riverside nook. Tall grasses danced gracefully in the breeze under branches laden heavily with flowers that left a pleasantly lingering scent in the air… just the place for a tired captain to relax in. However, he hadn’t counted on being joined by his new young friend. “Tho-ron-gil!” It was a sweet voice but tended towards shrillness when excited. He groaned and sat up, abandoning that just right spot that was neither too warm nor too cool in the afternoon sun. “I’ve marked out all the spots our soldiers can hide in,” the boy told him as he came running up. “Why don’t you look out for spots for trenches then?” he suggested sleepily, trying to stifle a yawn. ‘I’ve done that already,” Boromir replied brightly, “And I’ve fixed the landing sites for our ships too! And found an alternate campsite for the captain-general. Now can we start the war?” Thorongil sighed. There was obviously no way out. “Yes, we can,” he said, smiling tiredly, and set to help the boy pull his toy soldiers and boats out of the box. ***

Ooh, Juno, you and Eowyn are such bad girls! I loved "What books can teach" of course! Hmm, that Minas Tirith library certainly has some interesting lore in the musty old tomes and parchments... And "Sliding" - great mega-drabble here, Edoras-Lass! The imagery of those two LOTR hunks Eomer and Faramir sliding happily along marbled floors with their little boys is just precious. Wonder if young Faramir and Boromir ever drove Denethor crazy doing it, or if they weren't allowed to. I loved "Waiting" - you've caught the essence of Strider here, always a heady, bracing scent; and his instant of terror at his glimpse of the Ring is a great touch. Arandil - loved your Denethor, you caught him very well on your first try - but it needs a title! AranelTook - lovely moment with Faramir and Mithrandir in the library; and showing the closeness of their bond, and one of the reasons for it. RAKSHA

Wonder if young Faramir and Boromir ever drove Denethor crazy doing it, or if they weren't allowed to. Thanks! I bet it was both -- they weren't really allowed to, but they couldn't help but do it anyway. Long marble corridors are so inviting -- it's all I can do to keep from sliding myself in bankrupcty court. I loved "Waiting" - you've caught the essence of Strider here, always a heady, bracing scent; and his instant of terror at his glimpse of the Ring is a great touch. Oh, I'm glad you liked it! I don't write very much Aragorn -- in fact, that may be my first, now that I think about it -- and I wasn't sure how it would come out . But that scene of him at the Pony in the movie was so exactly as I'd pictured it for years when I read the books, I just had to go with it.

Re: For Lady Ninde

I really hated the part when Elrond has to bid Arwen farewell. In the movie his face was so anguished;I cry every time I watch it...This makes it so much better.... Thank you! I'm glad it made you feel a little better for Elrond.

Early mini-present for Ainae!

Happy early birthday, Ainae! Since this is early, it's a half drabble: if the muse inspires, perhaps a companion full drabble will present itself later. I feel doubtful about calling this a birthday present, since it is so dark, but the subject itself is rather dark, so... Happy birthday! Allie Turn Warped trunks bleed bile-dark saps, and the stench of decay is smothering. Here, even the air tastes of ashes and death. And there are always the watchers: shifting, spiteful eyes that vanish with a dark whisper of wind when I turn. “Legolas?” Leave the creature to his fate. “Turn back.”

Re: for Fliewatuet!

I tried to get Aragorn to be all shirtless, It's the good intentions that count And I love your drabble anyway. That's one of my favourite moments in the book, and I always wondered what went on in Aragorn's head at that moment. Oh, and I loved the cat! Thanks for a wonderful early birthday present, fliewatuet

A Legolas Drabble, naughty

This was written as an apology for an ill-placed joke about Legolas. I thought I might post it here as well, as a gift for all Legolas afficionados. Yours JunoMagic
~~~*~~~
Combat Practice It had not been easy to gain the golden-haired elf’s attention. In the end, the young elleth mused, only her prowess with bow and arrow had made Legolas notice her. But now she was down on the ground, pinned under his body. He grunted, adjusting his position. She flailed her arms helplessly as he tightened his grip. Then, at last, when she thought she could bear it no longer, her time came: she delivered a kick into his groin and was back on her feet. Galdhremmin combat practice made her ready to take on almost anything and anyone – even Legolas.

Re: For fliewatuet

Dwim, your "Untitled" Aragorn and Arwen 'tribble' is gorgeous. And very Tolkienish, no easy feat. But it deserves a title, perhaps "Eventide" or "For the Twilight" or something like it... And Ann, "Where a man's treasure is, there will his heart be also" is heartbreakingly vivid. Poor Thorongil/Aragorn, always on the outside, looking in, while other men get to have lives, and wives and sons...And of course, our knowledge of the eventual fates of Denethor and that precious newborn Boromir just strengthens the pathos... RAKSHA THE DEMON

For: Fliewatuet an Aragorn-Halbarad friendship Drabble Wet It was a wet and miserable night in late April. It had been raining all day and the two rangers were unable to make a fire. As if being drenched from head to toe were not enough, Halbarad was driving him crazy with his constant pacing. “For the Valars’ sake, could you just sit down?” His companion ignored him. Aragorn threw his hands in the air, stood up and walked over to him. It wouldn’t matter now. Taking him by surprise he tackled his friend to the ground. Roheryn watched the two muddy and laughing humans rolling on the ground in bewilderment. Vil

Oooh, that's lovely! I can just imagine Roheryn shaking his head Thank you so much. fliewatuet (enjoying her birthmonth while still looking forward to her birthday)

That's one of my favourite moments in the book Mine too -- it's probably one of my all-time favourite Strider moments. Thanks, and glad you liked it!

For Ainaechoiriel

Eeek. My first attempt at both a birthday drabble and Legolas... Happy birthday, Ainaechoiriel! This one's a bit different though -- Legolas in Ithilien. I hope you like it anyway. The False Realm Here, the boughs mask the distant sparkle of water, the rustle of leaves drown the gulls' cries. I am born of wood and green, yet I yearn for the grey sea. Here, I have found my realm. And in it, I am exile. Though not alone. "Legtho -- Legthlo--" "Yes." A warm, soft hand reaches for mine. Too short, a sapling yet. Where two trees met, and intertwined. "Up?" I bend, he scrambles upon my shoulders. We rise, unshakable. "Do you see it, young one?" "Yeth! Yeth, I thee it!" And from far off, I hear a gull's cry.

New thread, please!

Second thread here. Allie

Re: For Ainaechoiriel

Eeek. My first attempt at both a birthday drabble and Legolas... Happy birthday, Ainaechoiriel! This one's a bit different though -- Legolas in Ithilien. I hope you like it anyway. The False Realm I do like it, thank you! And who is the little one, I wonder? I like how you captured his love for the wood but yearning for the sea and how it feels to be caught between them. Thanks! --Ainaechoiriel

Oops, wrong thread!

[post deleted]

Whew! I'm glad you liked it, Ainaechoiriel. And who is the little one, I wonder? Sorry, it's Elboron. I should have probably made that clear. I'm not sure why he's lisping, but I think it may be because he's at one of those adorable toddler stages where his two front teeth are missing.

Happy Birthday, Rachel - and thanks for sharing it so we could have a wonderful drabble! EdorasLass That was exquisite - so simple - yet so beautiful. Oh dear - to see that lovely wry smile! And that slightly tilted head! Sorry - must go off an drool for a moment or two. And I soooo love Boromir/Aragorn tales, drabbles, things. Agape

Yes, Happy Birthday, Nasira..... hope for many more!!! EdorasLass - this was incredible - I sent it off to another Boromir friend - she's a HASA member but rarely gets to the Birthday board. I just absolutely loved it as soon as I read the first line - and then saw where you took it! GREAT.... And then bringing it full circle - nice, very nice. But the ending line was soooo sad. Thank you! Agape

Re: For shadow975

That was beautiful... Rachel - you are definitely blessed! Agape

Happy Birthday, Fliewatuet.... hope you are enjoying it. EdorasLass - that was incredible. The cat line is great - the patient line - wow - the inexplicable terror. Absolutely excellent. Thank you!!! Agape

Sorry - thought it would automatically take me out. Cut and pasted it to new thread. Agape

Gentle reminder: new thread

Hey, all! I'm loving the participation and the action here, but here's a quick reminder that we migrate to a new thread when we reach 50 posts. Continue here. Thanks! Allie Challenges Manager

Ah, I see, thank you! --Ainaechoiriel

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to HASA Birthday Cards Forum