Forum: HASA Birthday Cards Forum

Discussing: December 2004 Birthdays - 3

December 2004 Birthdays - 3

Continue to post birthday drabbles in this thread!

NEW! December 3 - Astara: Can I have something that has either Denethor, Finduilas, Boromir or Imrahil in it, please?

December 4 - Azalais: I'd like Fellowship drabbles. By which I mean - any moments which show our beloved Nine together, in fellowship, basically. Active or contemplative, noisy or quiet, some or all of the Company, it's up to you - but I particularly like gap-fillers, which expand on the little moments JRRT didn't have time or space or inclination to go into detail about.

December 9 - Bridiliel: I have an unnatural infatuation with Dwarves and Numenoreans. If you could be so kind as to write something about these two races- or anything you fancy- for my birthday, I would be most humbled.

December 9 - Elana: I'd like to see your favorite character being tempted by the Ring. If that happens to be a canonical temptation, wonderul. If it's wildly AU, all the better. I'm fascinated by how the Ring works, not on a person's worst motives, but their best, and would love to see how that would play out with some of Tolkien's characters from various times and places.

December 15 - Lariren-Shadow: Hi, my birthday is on the 15th. If possible, I would like a drabble about Faramir and Éowyn. Any time, I don't care. Thank you so much for anyone who takes this up!

December 17 - LKK: My birthday is December 17th. I would love to see a drabble about Legolas or the twins Elladan and Elrohir. Or one involving all three. Any time period is fine as are additional characters. No slash though, please. One last birthday wish, I would prefer a happy drabble, if possible.

December 30 - Ainu Laire: I personally would love to see some Aragorn drabbles. Humor, action, angst, and drama are my favorite genres, but anything will do, although slash is not preferred. Anytime, any place, whatever will do fine, but I am a fan of AU, fill-ins, and pre-quest tales. Thanks! :-)

Drabbles for Astara

Well.... When I piped up here yesterday, I knew Ann had written something for me, but I'd never have dreamt of receiving so many nice presents, especially not on such a short notice. And all of you managed to include more than one of my favourite characters. I'm really overwhelmed! Thanks, gals! *hugs* Ann, you already know how much I love your little piece! Aeneid, it was my request that was late, not your answer! (And I selfishly hope your muses are cooperative with regard to 'Adraefan.' ) A wide mouth twisted into its characteristic scowl. Imrahil always thought it made Denethor resemble a bullfrog. You know, this made me laugh out loud, as this noble John fangirl remembers a certain post in your forum where you compared him to a bullfrog.... As a young man, Imrahil was one whose nervous impulse was to laugh at funerals. I can see that, even without taking Isabeau's wild-and-young!Imri stories into account. I guess it's sparked by his remark in RotK that the whole situation was kind of a gigantic bad joke? Lariren-Shadow, 'Sea Longing' was your first drabble? I'm impressed, the more so as I'm not into drabbling myself. I don't think I could restrict my babbling to a mere one hundred words. She looked to the West, wishing to see the sea again, to feel its spray upon her face, her its wave crash on the shores. It was not her marriage that made her long for the sea, but the wanting to have a home that she could be free in. The walls of the White City could feel oppressive at times. That's exactly my own opinion. Not to mention that despite the beauty of MT, I'd certainly feel caged in MT, loving the sea myself.;) She smiled at them, and her longing for the sea ceased. Aw - this is just sweet! (Yep, I'm a very sentimental person.) Meril, Boromir, frowning in concentration, was kneeling next to the desk fixing Faramir's letters. A good pattern repeating itself. It's nice to see Boromir as not being totally aversed to things not related to fighting. I sometimes get the feeling that many people regard him as a rather dumb guy only keen on killing orcs, someone who's intellectually inferior to Faramir. Oh, and finally, lest I forget - thanks for all the good wishes on my birthday! I had a very nice weekend.

Re: Drabbles for Astara

It's nice to see Boromir as not being totally aversed to things not related to fighting. I sometimes get the feeling that many people regard him as a rather dumb guy only keen on killing orcs, someone who's intellectually inferior to Faramir. Thanks, Astara! I'm so glad that you liked it! That's my perspective too: I think that Boromir, while he preferred fighting to scholarly stuff, would have been good or at least competent in both areas. Always, Allie

For Astara

Late requests are definitely a good thing when they provide inspiration! This came out as a double drabble, but thank you for a chance to tell a little part of Finduilas's story. A belated Happy Birthday. Cheers, Liz A mother’s duty “What can I tell the Lady of Gondor that the Warden cannot better speak of?” Ioreth looked suspiciously at the tall, beautiful woman before her: intense, grey eyes in a white face. “What has always been women’s business,” the lady answered sharply. “The bearing of children. They say you are the most skilled in birthing. And other things.” Ioreth could not help preening. Despite her youth, her fame as a midwife had spread. Then she checked at the lady’s final words. “What would you have from me?” she asked coldly. There was knowledge she dare not share with the wife of the Steward, even if the lady pleaded. It seemed the lady was as skilled as her husband in reading hearts. “Naught ill,” she laughed bitterly. “It is in my mind to bear many children for my lord. But they must be sons.” Her eyes were overbright. She turned away and her voice fell to no more than a murmur, so that Ioreth must lean forward to catch the words. “Gondor will have need of sons. My lord will have need of sons. Sons, to sacrifice in our defence.” Pity stirred in Ioreth’s heart. “I will do what I can.”

Re: For Astara

Wow... How chillingly beautiful, Liz. Poor Finduilas! Always, Allie

An excellent drabble especially bringing in Ioreth. I always felt that she was an important person in the Houses of Healing, perhaps more important than the Warden who, in my recollection, is never named but referred to only by his title. The scene where she is explaining to her relatives about Aragorn is priceless. RiverOtter

Re: Drabbles for Astara

I think that Boromir, while he preferred fighting to scholarly stuff, would have been good or at least competent in both areas. Exactly. As much as Gondor needed competent military leadership, it also needed a capable administrator and politician, and particularly a perfectionist like Denethor would have looked to it that his heir received a thorough all-round training /education.

I'm afraid Allie already said it: This was beautifully chilling, Liz! Thank you! *bows* I cannot help but pity Fin here. It would appear your concept of her marriage is a lot darker than my own.

For Azalais and Ainu Laire

Here's a late birthday drabble for Azalais, who requested Fellowship drabbles, particularly gap-fillers; and an early one for Ainu Laire who wanted Aragorn. There's a very small scene in The Great River (FOTR) where Aragorn and Legolas go off to find safe passage past the rapids. For some reason, it's always interested me. Seeking A Path Chill mist hides the Fellowship as we leave them behind. Frodo is worried, for he fears for our safety – as I fear for his. Are Legolas and I wrong to leave them? Gimli is stout-hearted, but Boromir – a shadow has grown on him of late. I fear the ring calls to him. We scramble over rocks and moss-slick boulders as we search for the path. The ground is rough, uneven, and the hobbits will struggle here. Finally Legolas gives a cry – he stands on the ancient portage-way, triumphant. We have found our safe passage past the rapids of Sarn Gebir. Jay

Hi Astara You're welcome! I'm glad you liked it. (Thanks also to Allie and River Otter for their kind words!) I cannot help but pity Fin here. It would appear your concept of her marriage is a lot darker than my own. I don't think Fin's relationship with Den would be at all an unhappy one — but I do think she would have understood very well what her duty as wife of the Steward is. (Just as I believe Den had to balance his feelings as a father with his duty as Steward.) Every woman in Gondor must have worried about her menfolk being called to fight, but Fin would have known both that she must produce sons to provide leadership to other men, and that any sons she had would have to step right into the front line. I can easily see why, watching her two beautiful boys growing up, the "shadow in the east filled her with horror". And I think she would have done her duty to Gondor without flinching or a word of complaint. Hmm, possibly that is a dark view of her marriage? Anyway, thank you again for inspiring me. Cheers, Liz PS I agree on Boromir: Faramir may have been the bookworm of the family, but Boromir wasn't uneducated or stupid, even if Tolkien describes him as "caring little for lore".

Another Birthday Drabble for Lariren-Shadow

HAPPY BIRTHDAY (in three days), LARIREN-SHADOW! The Drabble Muse has struck again. This is a double-drabble. The Deep Breath Before The Plunge We wait, long moments stretching into the evening's darkness. I had never thought I would live long enough to stand here now. The greatest challenge in all of my days looms before me. And there is no father or brother or mother left to give counsel. Mithrandir himself could not guide me in this fearsome endeavor. As I ponder what lies ahead, I am assailed by sudden doubt. My mouth goes dry as the door to the hall opens. Eomer brings forth his sister, the White Lady of Rohan, who has come to wed me this night. I fear that I will stutter through our vows. I fear I will not merit the trust with which she gives herself to me. But then I look upon her. I have always thought her fair, but tonight Eowyn shines brighter than all the candles and torches in the Golden Hall. My doubts melt away in her glow; and I burn for her. Eomer leads her to me and places Eowyn’s hand in mine. She raises her fearless eyes as we clasp hands. I cannot help but smile at her. All will be well. With a steadying breath, I begin my vows.

Re: Another Birthday Drabble for Lariren-Shadow

Raksha, this is gorgeous! I can so imagine Tanaqui's Fin looking down on this and smiling. All went well with one of her boys, at least. Ann

I'll second Ann - I love the way you contrast the family Faramir has lost with the one he's about to gain, and how you emphasise what a tremendous undertaking marriage is. (Plus, you know I'm a sucker for nervous!Faramir. ) Lovely. Thanks for sharing. Cheers, Liz

Thanx much Liz! Since you've written what I consider to be the definitive Faramir Wedding Story (THE INFLUENCE OF KINDRED DESIRES, in case anyone has NOT read it), I'm glad that you liked it. That line of Gandalf's from the movie "the deep breath before the plunge" inspired me. I thought of Faramir about to say his vows and suddenly getting nervous bridegroom jitters in a big way; it's a very new experience for him and the responsibility, though exhiliarating, would also be terrifying. I loved A MOTHER'S DUTY. Finduilas strikes me as a difficult character to write; but I think you caught her, and perhaps the root of the sorrow that will start her decline. Raksha

"Raksha, this is gorgeous! I can so imagine Tanaqui's Fin looking down on this and smiling. All went well with one of her boys, at least." Thanx, Ann! It's so sad that Finduilas saw so little of her sons' childhood. I also see Boromir looking down and being very happy for his younger brother. Ever wonder at the synchronicity between the houses of Denethor and Theoden? Theodred and Boromir die on the same day; Denethor and Theoden die on the same day, Denethor's son marries Theoden's niece. It's been suggested that Denethor caused, indirectly, Theoden's death - Denethor's decision to burn Faramir alive sparked Pippin's plea to Gandalf for help, and Gandalf to have to choose between saving Faramir and going after the Witch-King, who of course has gone to the Pelennor where he will, unimpeded by Gandalf, fatally injure Theoden. RAKSHA

Re: For Azalais and Ainu Laire

There's a very small scene in The Great River (FOTR) where Aragorn and Legolas go off to find safe passage past the rapids. For some reason, it's always interested me. I know exactly the one you mean. This is great, Jay - such a tiny fragment yet it's laden with such irony. "We have found our safe passage past the rapids of Sarn Gebir" , but safe is the last thing they are, and the rapids are the least of their worries... I can just picture Legolas with a triumphant grin, "Look, I found it!" Thank you! Az

Late one for Elana

Happy late Birthday Elana! Weregild He has failed. Failed to heal as he failed to protect. All he can do is ease the growing torment for a while. Straightening the blankets, his fingers brush against the hobbit’s pocket, feel the unmistakable presence of the Ring. Shame and helpless pity claw at him again. What would he not give to cut this ancient poison from the world; to turn the Nazguls’ torturing blades back on themselves? Aye, what price would he not pay? Frodo moans softly in his sleep, Samwise watches the Ranger closely across the sputtering fire, and Aragorn welcomes the suspicion in those eyes. ~~Alawa

Another One for Astara

This was sent to her as a holiday gift, but since we are still celebrating her birthday month, I'll slip it in here. Passion The year’s end celebration: feasting and dancing and bonfires. At the Citadel there is candlelight; scent of cedar and fir and exotic spices; elegantly garbed and perfumed guests: the Lord Steward’s mettarë ball. As she turns, smiling, to welcome a shy guest; as he bends, thoughtfully, to greet an old ally: their eyes meet, and a spark, a nearly palpable burst of light and heat. Ah, the unspoken words transmitted upon the power of that glance! Dear one, husband, how handsome you are tonight! I wish – Would that this evening were over, my Finduilas, my love! My jewel. My precious. Ann

Re: Another One for Astara

Very pretty! You can feel the love. And the passion. All in 100 words, wrapped up pretty as a holiday present. RAKSHA

For Astara

It usually takes me a lot longer to produce these birthday drabbles, but oddly enough I just happened to have one floating around on the hard drive that fit your request. A Memory of Loveliness Denethor watches his son with painful amusement. “Arbelethiel is lovely tonight.” The boy reddens, but agrees firmly. “Do not be hasty to wed, Faramir. I was many years older than you before I met your mother. Some said she was too young, but I have never regretted waiting until I was certain I had met the only woman for me.” He realizes what he has said is true, not merely an argument mouthed for prudence. He remembers Finduilas’ slenderness, wrapped in her blue mantle. Perhaps he will pass it on to one of his sons, should they take a wife…

Thanks, Azalais! I often wonder what the two of them talked abut on that trip, and whether they ran into any trouble. I'm glad you liked Legolas - yes, he was grinning! Jay

Yet another one! I'm so excited! Thanks for this lovely gift, Forodwaith! It's nice to see Denethor and Faramir for once having a normal relationship. And I very much like the idea of passing the mantle on. In the light of your drabble, Faramir giving it to Eowyn is like fulfilling his father's wish. Sometimes, I've wondered what Denethor would think of her, though...

Somewhere in the large number of stories I've read, I recall something about how Denethor would have had his sons marry for position and power. Eowyn, as the highest ranking woman in Rohan, would have been just the sort of woman to cement the alliance between Gondor and Rohan. Imagine Boromir sent to the court of Rohan to meet Eowyn. The interaction would be interesting. RiverOtter

Liz, What can I say? I liked "A Mother's Duty" very much, but I also loved your commentary on it. Thanks for expanding my views on Finduilas and Denethor! Starlight

"It's nice to see Denethor and Faramir for once having a normal relationship. And I very much like the idea of passing the mantle on. In the light of your drabble, Faramir giving it to Eowyn is like fulfilling his father's wish. Sometimes, I've wondered what Denethor would think of her, though..." Yes, "A Memory of Loveliness" is indeed a lovely drabble. I personally don't think Denethor and Eowyn would particularly like each other. They both have very strong egos. I doubt Eowyn would much care for Denethor's predilection for Boromir at Faramir's expense, either. And Denethor would look down on Eowyn for being a (relatively) ignorant woman of Rohan and probably treat her with supercilious politeness that would really aggravate her. Not to mention Eowyn's habit of speaking her mind; I have the feeling that Finduilas was more subtle and demure. RAKSHA THE DEMON

Re: December Babies Azalais

December 4 - Azalais: I'd like Fellowship drabbles. By which I mean - any moments which show our beloved Nine together, in fellowship, basically. Happy birthday! if a little late. Enjoy. On Watch in Moria Aragorn will not rest while the wizard sleeps, preferring to face the utter darkness awake. Gandalf tires at last and the staff that lit their way goes out. The dark presses in; palpable, cold and damp. The Hobbits, Frodo’s daylight dignity forgotten, sleep tumbled like puppies, huddling warmth. The elf, lost in dreams, is no company. Gimli’s soft snore is unmistakable. Boromir wanted to share the watch and propped himself sitting upright against the walls. He succumbs to sleep, mumbling assurances of alertness at need. Aragorn, still wary and sleepless, listens for the orcs, for the sounds of stealthy feet. Gwynnyd

Re: December Babies, Bridiliel

December 9 - Bridiliel: I have an unnatural infatuation with Dwarves and Numenoreans. If you could be so kind as to write something about these two races Happy Birthday - sorry it is a few days late! Children of Aulë, Children of Men To me it feels like exile, but to my son it is an adventure. Days of sailing. No land in sight. Every day the land we left forever draws closer. Finally, the new harbour. We tie up to the rude jetty, unload the trade goods and wait. They come and my son dances with excitement. “Look, look! They are no taller than me!” My hand on his shoulder, we offer greetings. They grunt and accept the trade for their wrought steel. Later, I find my son at their fire, smiling, laughing, hearing tales. I visit. This land will be his. Gwynnyd

Re: December Babies, Elana

December 9 - Elana: I'd like to see your favorite character being tempted by the Ring. Elana, I know you got one from me already, but I was watching Fellowship on tv the other day and I had to do this. It is SOOO silly, I could not resist. Enjoy! “They have a Cave Troll.” (movie!verse) Oork comes. Oork comes fast. Nice bone crunch, crunch, good. Food. Much food. Food one. Food two. Food many. Wall not-stone. Food for Oork. Wall. Not-wall. Food many there. No wall. Ow! Ow! Hurt Oork. Food hurt Oork. Kill food. Crunch bones. Eat. Eat. Now, eat. Ow!! Ow!! Hurt Oork! Head hurt. Nice food there. Food! More food! Need food. Food Get food. Have food! Food now. Food later. Take. Oork need food thing. Oork want many food, take thing. Ow. Oork hurt. Not-stone thing hurt Oork. Oork hurt food. Use not-stone thing. Take food thing. Ow! Food? Ow! Gwynnyd

Jay, I'm impressed by your choice of event to portray here! What a nice gap-filler! I really love the title- going past the obvious, I think it's very clever and insightful. Would you, please, tell me what interests you about this part of FotR? I'm very intrigued. Thanks! Starlight

Raksha, I really liked "The Deep Breath Before The Plunge" (no to mention that I *loved* your choice of title!) Putting aside my jealousy (why did it have to be Eowyn? Why couldn't it have been... ahem... me?) this was very nice. I liked how you captured personality traits, deeper emotions and thoughts, with actions, like: The greatest challenge in all of my days looms before me. This was very very interesting. And, She raises her fearless eyes as we clasp hands. Thank you! Starlight

Happy belated birthday, Astara!

Thanks for your request, and this is hoping you had a great day and month, and that this year is even better. Cheers, Starlight P.S. I have no title! This is horrible, but as much as I search for one, there just isn't a title that would convey what I think about this. If you have any suggestions, please let me know! *** Ties The Prince’s gaze drifts out of the window. ‘He’s courting your sister,’ he says to his heir. ‘Yes.’ Adrahil raises a brow. ‘Won’t you say what you are thinking?’ Imrahil walks closer and looks out. Down in the gardens, Finduilas and the Captain-general face the sea. She is, perhaps, a little closer to him than she ought. He seems to be, for the first time that Imrahil can recall, relaxed, his usually straight back bent as he leans against the railing. A hint of a smile. ‘Her eyes lighten when she is with him, Father.’ ‘Aye, but so do his.’

Re: Late one for Elana

Alawa, That was particularly evoking for me. This is my favorite part: ...Samwise watches the Ranger closely across the sputtering fire, and Aragorn welcomes the suspicion in those eyes. Thanks! Starlight

Ann, Have you ever considered putting your Denethor and Finduilas drabbles in one, as a story cycle of sorts? This was wonderful! Thanks for giving me Denethor today, Starlight

Feedback

Some words of feedback. A Memory of Loveliness Great job, Forodwaith! I loved it, all complete with a mention of the blue mantle... And, now you've made me very very curious as to how and why you had this one floating around your hard-drive. Was it, perhaps, part of a larger story? Will we be seeing this in the future? On Watch in Moria This was very nice, Gynnyd. I've always thought and plotted on my own about what happened during those days in Moria. This was a very nice gap-filler, and I like it that from all of them Boromir was the one that tried -if unsuccessfully- to stay up. Children of Aulë, Children of Men I loved this! My favorite line: I visit. This land will be his. “They have a Cave Troll.” This was priceless! And, one of my favorite Boromir lines, too. Yay! Starlight P.S. To Az: Looking back on the old threads, I realized you had asked me what was the dream Legolas had fulfilled by going to Rivendell. Well... my own interpretation: He seems to be so excited about going to Lorien when they get there, that I gather it had been a dream of his to go there- so that's the part of it that remains unfulfilled. The other part: being in Imladris! For some reason, Legolas always stroke as not being so widely traveled, and given the dark circumstances that surrounded them, I can just see Thranduil keeping him in Mirkwood. But, with Imladris' fame, I am sure a part of his heart wanted to see it, so that's half the dream there! I'm very glad you liked it, Az!

Thanks, Starlight! I must confess, the pair seems to have taken up residence in my brain, kicking Boromir (ow!) from his accustomed spot smack in the center of my imagination. Yes, there may be more Denethor and Finduilas on the way...

"Raksha, I really liked "The Deep Breath Before The Plunge" (no to mention that I *loved* your choice of title!) Putting aside my jealousy (why did it have to be Eowyn? Why couldn't it have been... ahem... me?) this was very nice. I liked how you captured personality traits, deeper emotions and thoughts, with actions, like: The greatest challenge in all of my days looms before me. This was very very interesting. And, She raises her fearless eyes as we clasp hands. Thank you! Starlight" Thanx, Starlight. I thought even a strong man like Faramir might suffer a sudden, if brief, panic-attack when about to marry; especially since his father did not manage to keep his mother happy. And the title just begged for a drabble about a nervous bridegroom. I loved your drabble "Ties" - imagine Denethor relaxed, with a light in his eyes. It's so unusual as to be almost scary. RAKSHA

I tend to agree that Denethor and Eowyn wouldn't have had much love for each other, Raksha. Still, he might not have objected the marriage because it was politically wise.

Just one word: YAY! But don't neglect Boromir, dear! *wink*

Re: Happy belated birthday, Astara!

Hi Starlight, thank you! This was a lovely one as well! I think "Ties" fits as a title. It's always nice to meet someone who shares my idea about their relationship. BTW, for those of you who don't yet know it, may I shamelessly promote my own take on how it all began? It's called "At Long Last", and is to be found at HASA General. Astara

For Lariren-Shadow

Happy Birthday, Lariren! Here you go: Eowyn and Faramir. Hope you have a great day tomorrow :-) Cheers, Starlight *** Melting Frost(1) The Houses seemed fairer as he walked through hedges of carefully-tended alfirin, clover, iris, toward her, where his father’s ring didn’t feel so heavy in his hand, his grief not so near. Today she beamed. ‘Glad am I to see you, friend! It’s been too long.’ ‘I hope my lady will forgive me. I’ve been-’ ‘Busy, I know.’ ‘Remiss,’ he said. She smiled. ‘I’ve news from my brother. He’s well, happy. He even begs me go to him!’ His heart wrenched at this. ‘I can help, provide a horse, an escort-’ ‘Wait.’ Her eyes searched his, intently. ‘I won’t go.’ *** "And Éowyn did not go, though her brother sent word begging her to come to the field of Cormallen. And Faramir wondered at this, but he saw her seldom, being busy with many matters; and she dwelt still in the Houses of Healing and walked alone in the garden, and her face grew pale again, and it seemed that in all the City she only was ailing and sorrowful." The Steward and the King, RotK (1)The title comes from this quote, ibid: "She did not answer, but as he looked at her it seemed to him that something in her softened, as though a bitter frost were yielding at the first faint presage of Spring."

Re: For Lariren-Shadow

Starlight, this is gorgeous! Thanks for brightening my workday! Ann

Re: Melting Frost/For Lariren-Shadow

Very nice, Starlight! Eowyn sure is a stubborn filly, though at this point she probably doesn't know why she won't go to Cormallen. Liked the bit about Denethor's ring feeling heavy in Faramir's hand, and Faramir's heart wrenching at the thought of Eowyn leaving the City... RAKSHA

For LKK

LKK: I would love to see a drabble about Legolas or the twins Elladan and Elrohir. Or one involving all three. Any time period is fine as are additional characters. No slash though, please. One last birthday wish, I would prefer a happy drabble, if possible. An Uneventful Journey Legolas leaned against a convenient rock, gazing upwards at the stars. The sky was clear, the air crisp with the chill of winter. “I cannot believe it,” he said in wonder. “We have been journeying for a month, are nearly home again – and nothing has gone wrong. No wargs. No spiders attacking us.” “No trolls,” added Elladan slyly, as he leaned forward to add another fallen branch to their fire. “No raging rivers,” Elrohir agreed. “I have enjoyed the peace and quiet,” Legolas continued. “And yet …” Two identical voices spoke in unison. “It has been just a little boring!” Jay

Re: December Babies Azalais

Gwynnyd, I do like this - I can *feel* the darkness pressing in on me, and the descriptions of each of the Fellowship sleeping in their different ways are great - and Aragorn, of course, wouldn't sleep. Wonder if he's revisiting uneasy memories... Aragorn, still wary and sleepless, listens for the orcs, for the sounds of stealthy feet. Brrrrrrrr. Fab. Thank you! Az

Another drabble for Lariren-Shadow

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Lariren-Shadow, well, in a few hours anyway! Here's more Faramir & Eowyn for you. Not sure whether it gets a General or Mature Content rating; I'm going with General; there's um...sensuality going on here. It's a mega-drabble. Raksha THE BOWER I awaken slowly, my body tired and aching and - not alone! There is a man in my bed, his arm wound tight around me, pinning me against him. I freeze in terror at the sight of his dark hair. It cannot be Grima; he is gone, he is dead. Then I remember, and see more clearly in the dawn's pale light. The man is my husband. My lord. My Faramir. We lie in my bed, in my flower-bedecked bower in the Golden Hall, on the morning after our wedding. I remember how he took me in his arms when at last we were left alone here. I had never thought to find such joy in giving my body to a man. I had never thought to lie worn but happy in his arms as he caressed me, murmuring my name. I fear almost that I dream, that I will wake again to find my bower dark and chill, while Grima stalks outside my door. I cannot help but shudder at the memory of being pent, a prize for men to covet and use. Faramir awakens, feeling my unease in the sudden coldness of my skin. He draws the coverlets up around my bare shoulders, and pulls me close again. I look at his face. Even half-sleeping, his raven hair tousled on the white pillow, Faramir is pleasing to my eyes; his features proud and noble. And I see for the first time how long his eyelashes are, how dark. I reach out to touch them. He seizes my finger lightly, then holds it against his mouth. I am willingly caught, but I can catch too! I kiss the warm flesh below Faramir’s neck, moving my mouth upward, and run my hands down his body. I sense the power there, the clean lines of shoulders and chest and the wondrous strength of his thighs. It is all mine to command, mine to love. My husband stirs. A deep sound, like a great cat purring, swells in his throat under my lips; then turns to a low chuckle. He shifts and kisses me. I lift my mouth to his, answering without words. We separate briefly, and I am warmed by the tenderness in Faramir’s eyes as well as the shared heat of our bodies. For the first time in many years, my bower is truly a home instead of a cage.

Re: Another drabble for Lariren-Shadow

Oh, Lord, Raksha. If you can't see me, I've melted into another happy F/E puddle again. How am I supposed to write my paper? How, I ask? Allie *easily distracted: attention span of a gnat*

Heh. Heh. Heh. Thanx, Allie. Raksha The Demon, wishing Santa would give me a real live Faramir for Xmas, clothed or otherwise (Faramir, not Santa - Santa must be clothed).

New thread!

lol, Raksha. All right, we're approaching the magical 50 posts! Please start to post b-day drabbles and requests in the new thread once we reach 50. Thanks! Allie

That was great, Raksha! There, now I'm in a puddle of my own as well... Oh, Faramir! *sigh* Starlight

Re: For LKK

Thank you so much for An Uneventful Journey, Jay! It was delightful with a wonderful twist at the end. I still say you should write humor more often. Loved the reference to Elrohir and Legolas's encounter with the young troll. LKK

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to HASA Birthday Cards Forum