Forum: Languages in Arda

Discussing: "Namarie" spoken by the Professor!

"Namarie" spoken by the Professor!

Hey, all! I don't know how many people have come across this, so I thought I'd toss it into this forum. I started reading the Quenya course over at Ardalambion (*sigh* I just hope I don't confuse Quenya with French...), I came across a link that pointed me to Galadriel's poem "Namarie": spoken by JRR himself! Namarie I wish Quenya was my native language... It's so gorgeous.... ~Meril

Re:

I just hope I don't confuse Quenya with French... Heh! Last year, while working on a French assignment, I came up absolutely stuck for the word for "and" -- all I could think of was a in Quenya/Sindarin

Re: Re:

Heh! Last year, while working on a French assignment, I came up absolutely stuck for the word for "and" -- all I could think of was a in Quenya/Sindarin I've done the same. It was something of an infamous moment in my group of friends when one day I uttered "ima quelle heure desu ka?" in a terrible, unholy alliance between French and Japanese. : Berz.

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

We're sorry. This is a closed discussion. Content is available only to invited readers.

« Back to Languages in Arda