Forum: Geography and Maps

Discussing: Houses of Healing?

Houses of Healing?

Where in Minas Tirith are the Houses of Healing? Are they at the top, near the Citadel? I figured they would be placed in one of the "safest" parts of the city, but haven't found any proof.

Am on the waiting list for "Atlas of ME". Don't know if the author diagrammed MT or not.

Thanks for your help!
~~Jean

Re: Houses of Healing?

They're in the sixth circle, so the level below the Citadel (the seventh circle of the city). From 'The Pyre of Denethor':

"[The Houses of Healing]... stood not far from the Citadel-gate, in the sixth circle, nigh to its southward wall, and about them was a garden and a greensward with trees, the only such place in the City."

Faramir and Eowyn are able to look north-east from the walls towards the Morannon.

Now at last they passed into the high circles of the City, and in the light of morning they went their way towards the Houses of Healing; and these were fair houses set apart for the care of those who were grievously sick, but now they were prepared for the tending of men hurt in battle or dying. Thy stood not far from the Citadel-gate, in the sixth circle, nigh to its southward wall, and about them was a garden and a greensward with trees, the only such place in the City.

From 'The Pyre of Denethor', RotK

Thus conclusively do I prove that Altariel is a faster typist than I...

Firerose wrote:

Thus conclusively do I prove that Altariel is a faster typist than I...

Or that we have similar methods of procrastination.

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to Geography and Maps