Discussing: Citation standards
17 Dec 02 8:05 PM
"This is the quotation. It can be long or short."
- Section Name, "Chapter Name and Number", Sub-book name, Book Name
- Prologue, "Concerning Hobbits", FoTR, LOTR
- Quenta Silmarilion, "XIII - Of the Return of the Noldor", Silm
- Late Writings, 'The Shibboleth of Fëanor", The Peoples of Middle-earth, HoMe XII
This will help the uninitiated to figure out not only that something is from The History of Galadriel and Celeborn, but also where in the conpendium that particular essay may be found.
Re: Citation standards
24 Dec 02 5:27 AM
Reply To: 1893
-Silmarillion, QS, Ch. 19*, 'Of Beren and Luthien'
-The Peoples of Middle-earth (HoMe 12*), Late Writings, 'The Shibboleth of Feanor'
* my books have Arabic numerals here.