Forum: Research Questions

Discussing: Talking With Eagles

Talking With Eagles

Hi,
This is going to seem like a completely random question, but I can't think of any way to write it myself so, here goes:

How could an Elf (politely) accept a lift from an Eagle? Specifically Fingon being the elf and Thorondor being the Eagle.

This is not quite as random as it seems, I promise, and I figured that if I asked here then I wouldn't get strange looks (unlike when I asked my Mother, who now thinks I'm crazier than I was!)

Any help will be appreciated, thanks!

Evo

Re: Talking With Eagles

Just a thought, really:

"I thank thee kindly, Thorondor, Lord of the Eagles. May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks always."

It's something that Gandalf also says in the Hobbit as a customary blessing to give the Eagles, so I guess it could work.

Thank you!

It's something that Gandalf also says in the Hobbit as a customary blessing to give the Eagles, so I guess it could work

It's possible that I should read 'The Hobbit' again at some point!

Thanks for the help!

Evo

You're welcome!

Btw, if this question was done for the sake of a story you're writing, I would very much like to read it once you set it up. You made me curious...

Beregond

It is for a story - one that I'm writing for the 'New Members Challenge 05/06'! It's nearly finished except for editing, etc, and giving it a name...which is the thing I'm worst at, but...

You made me curious...

One of my fave pastimes!

I'll post a little note here when I've put my story up, if you'd like?

Thanks again!!

Evo

Sorry - posted wrong thing here...

Hiya!

The story is up here: Of Cliffs and Kin

All about Fingon's thoughts on finding Maedhros where he hangs from the cliffs of Thangorodrim!

Thanks to Beregond5 for the help with my Eagle-convo, hope y'all enjoy it!

Evo

Great! I knew something good would happen when I'd return from vacation! Going to check it now!

Uh, 'Of Cliffs and Kin' has been re-written, and is at the same link!

Hope you enjoy, all comments, questions, etc, are loved!

Curuevo

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to Research Questions

Stories linked to the forum