Forum: Research Questions

Discussing: West-Doors of Moria

West-Doors of Moria

Narvi and Celebrimbor made the magical doors outside of Moria sometime during the Second age, at some point while Eregion and Khazad-dum had their best relations ever. I have looked in my copy of The Sil, UT and another Tolkien reference book and can't find the answer to this question: does anyone have an idea of when during the second age the doors were made? Was it before Celebrimbor was forging the rings, or during? I don't think there's an actual date, but I'd love a sense of when during the second age would make the most sense for the doors to have been completed.

Thanks!

Re: West-Doors of Moria

I should think it was before the forging of the rings--UT gives one the distinct impression that the good relationship between Moria & Eregion was partially rooted in Galadriel's fondness for dwarves, & since she seems to have lost her position there because of opposing Sauron, I can't imagine the dwarves were as friendly with the elves after her departure.

Regina

Re: West-Doors of Moria

Excellent thoughts. Thanks so much!

~Thev

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to Research Questions

Stories linked to the forum