Forum: Hobbiton

Discussing: The Hobbits Who Followed the Wizard

The Hobbits Who Followed the Wizard

JRRT says in the Hobbit:

'Dear me,' [Bilbo] went on. 'Not the Gandalf who was responsible for so many quiet lads and lasses going off into the Blue for mad adventures? Anything from climbing trees to visiting elves - or sailing in ships, sailing to other shores! Bless me, life used to be quite inter -- I mean, you used to upset things badly in these parts once upon a time. I beg your pardon, but I had no idea you were still in business.'

So, what can we speculate about the hobbit lads and lasses who followed the wizard? Hildefons and Isengar are two possible examples. What sorts of things did Gandalf get these mild, quiet people to dare?

Speculation encourgaed, and possbily a story challenge in here somewhere.

Ang

Re: The Hobbits Who Followed the Wizard

Oooooooh, I'd quite forgotten that paragraph..... story challenge, indeed! (Like I don't have enough rattling around in my head already!)

Leave me alone, I have to finish Sam's Rose first, and then Young Mr. Baggins, and then A Broken Life........ which isn't even started yet and I'm trying *not* to start it, till I finish the others.......

However, the first chapter of Sam's Rose is up on fanfiction.net and I'd love comments!

Post it here, too, as a Beta or general work, and connect a discussion to it!

It's *easy* - the tutorial tells you how.

Anyway, what's one more rabid plot bunny between friends, eh?

Toodles - Ang

Thanks for reminding people of that -- I put that one up in my folder way back when, when I was coming up with more ideas for writing canon-based stories about characters who weren't stars of LOTR. I should go through that list again and see if there are any more that ought to be changed to nuzgul status.

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to Hobbiton