Forum: FAQs - Post your questions here

Discussing: Requests to add a character

Requests to add a character

Once upon a time, there was a thread devoted to this, I think, but I've lost track of it since.

Where should requests to have a character (Fredegar Bolger) added to the character list be posted/sent?

Thanks,

Dwim

Re: Requests to add a character

Hi Dwim,

You're not the only one who has lost that thread.... LOL!

(For those who don't know, I am the volunteer who answers requests to add Character Bios to the Research Library, which is how the character shows up in the drop-down character list in story headers....)

Let me think about where would be a good place to put requests to add characters... if you have any suggestions, I'd be glad to hear them.

However, there is already a Bio for Fredegar here: Fatty Bolger.

Did you try to add a character to a story, and not find Fatty Bolger on the character list?

(Will probably change the Bio Name from Fatty to Fredegar, but don't have time for the next couple of days.)

- Barbara

I'm not sure where the best place to put the request form would be, but may I pile on and ask you to add Lenwë?

Thanks,

Maeglin

Maeglin,

Lenwë is now added to the Resource Library; I'm not sure whether he'll show up on the Story Character list immediately, or maybe take a day (to get indexed).

- Barbara

Sorry to be a bother, but is there any chance of adding Wulf of the Dunlendings to the list?

Hi Aruthir,

Sure, but you'll have to wait a bit.... I've got *checks clock* 4 frantic hours until the MEFA voting season closes... and I'm less than halfway to my reviewing goal.....

*sigh* I promised myself I wouldn't procrastinate this year....... again.....

- Barbara

I promised myself I wouldn't procrastinate this year.......

Don't we all?

Re: Request to add Wulf

is there any chance of adding Wulf of the Dunlendings to the list?

Hi Aruthir,

Wulf and [added: his father] Freca are both now available on the Story Character list.

The new Bio for Wulf is up and ready, and I am also working on one for Freca (edit: now complete).

Did you know that you can now also link your story to any Event (or Place or Thing) in the Research Library that is particularly relevant to your story? It's easy... you just go to that entry in the Research Library, and, on the right, under Linked Stories, click on Link My Story to this Event.

(You can also do the same with Character Bios, but it is easier to link to multiple character bios through the Story Character list in the Story header.)

Here are a few events that may be relevant to your story (these are older entries, that I plan to upgrade soon):

Helm slays Freca in Edoras

Invasion of Rohan from West and East

Wulf defeats Helm at the Fords of Isen

Wulf captures Edoras

Wulf slain by Fréaláf at Meduseld

Hope this helps!

- Barbara

Might it be too much to ask for Tar-Vanimeldë to be added to the character list?

Hi Aruthir,

Thank you for waiting until I finished moving, and can spend some time online again!  Grin

Let me do some research, and I'll post here when I add the bio for Tar-Vanimeldë (that's how a character gets added to the character list).

- Barbara

Hi Aruthir,

The bio for Tar-Vanimeldë is done, and should be added to the story character list within a day.

Would you do me a favor? If you have a copy of Unfinished Tales, would you confirm that her birth date is Second Age 2227? My electronic copy has a typo: it says 227, and my hardcopy books are still packed in boxes somewhere....

- Barbara

My 1998 paperback edition (page 286, if you need to know) confirms exactly that. Smile

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to FAQs - Post your questions here