Forum: 2012 - HASA Birthdays

Discussing: April 2012 Birthday Cards

April 2012 Birthday Cards

Birthday folks: Is your birthday in April and you would be delighted by a little story gift from your fellow HASA members? Then state your request here in this thread. Create a birthday workshop story to collect your birthday cards in one place, and enter it into the 2012 Birthhday Cards Challenge.

Authors: Let yourselves get inspired by the suggestions - a chance to be creative and to make a fellow HASA member happy at the same time! And don't forget to add your birthday cards to the birthday workshop story the recipient of your birthday card has - hopefully - created.

In case you need help or have a comment, question or suggestion, please post it here or send me an e-mail - I'll do my best to help.

April, 4th - RS: I'd like something with Aragorn after the war during his military campaign against the "bad guys" while rebuilding his kingdom. I would like to see Arwen involved also.

April, 13th - Larner: I'd love to see something with Faramir, Pippin, and Frodo involved in a debate or hot discussion of some sort, a discussion that might embarrass them when mentioned in the future.

Re: April 2012 Birthday Cards

My birthday was April 4th.  I'd like something with Aragorn after the war during his military campaign against the "bad guys" while rebuilding his kingdom. I would like to see Arwen involved also.

I hope this is what was wanted- happy belated birthday!

The King enters the room, and a gasp goes up from the assembled crowd as they behold him.

He is bloodied and battered and bruised, blackened from the ash of a thousand conflagrations, his cloak singed and scarred, his armour chipped and charred.

This is not a a gilded, glorious legend- this is a mortal Man, and they are all the more grateful for him for it.

For ever scar, every slash, every stain. 

The Queen says nothing as he approaches her- she never does.

The King says nothing as he kneels before her- he never does.

Another enemy is defeated, but another enemy rises- they always do.

The King and Queen embrace, tears running down both their faces, and the assembled courtiers erupt into applause.

They always do.

Oh Aruthir!

What a vivid image this conjures up!  The image of the returned King is quite shocking.  Wow.  I'm quite speechless...

I Love it!  Thank you so much.  I would really like to illustrate this somehow.  When I eventually do, I would like to share it at deviantart in which I have an account and include this if it's ok with you.  Thank you again.

RS

Go ahead and illustrate, RS- it was your birthday gift, after all!)

(Not to mention the fact that I should really like to see if your mental image matches up to mine! Smile)

Great! and Thanks

I don't think I can ever do justice to this scene, but I'll try!  Tongue out

Happy Birthday!

Not that this can come near Aruthir's story, but here's my birthday drabble:

Patience

Arwen catches herself pacing and laughs. One would think that she has enough experience of Aragorn's absence to bear it more easily, yet after forty years of betrothal and twenty of marriage, she is still this impatient for his return.

He will tell her how the campaign went as soon as they have time to sit down in private, but at least she already knows that he is unhurt – which is not always so. She sighs and turns her mind to practical concerns; the returning army will need to be housed for a few days before the men return home.

I'm late, I realize.  My birthday was the thirteenth, and I'd love to see something with Faramir, Pippin, and Frodo involved in a debate or hot discussion of some sort, a discussion that might embarrass them when mentioned in the future.

Aruthir and Nath, both your stories for RS are so perfect!  Thank you both.  Now, to work on mine....

I LOVE this Nath!   I like how you show the nervous, giddy, worried, wife that is Arwen  and also the Queen who has important obligations and duties to perform---before anything else.   Thank you!

My story for you will be a little late, Larner- I was on a family holiday celebrating my little brother's birthday (well, he's actually six foot two, but those sixteen months he's younger than me count for an awful lot of inches). Hope you don't mind a little delay?

Hi Larner,

It's not entirely what you asked for, but I hope you like it anyway:

Of Age

"What if my oath wasn't valid?" Pippin asked suddenly.

"Why wouldn't it be?" Frodo replied, "And why are you worried about that?"

"Well, I'm not an adult yet, so I don't…"

"You are an adult in Gondor," Faramir, who was sitting nearby, offered.

"But what if, once we return to the Shire, Father won't let me leave again? What if he's angry about me following you, Frodo?"

So that was what bothered Pippin, Frodo thought. "Very unlikely, and even if he is, you do come of age in four years' time anyway."

"I suppose so," Pippin muttered, still looking unhappy.

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to 2012 - HASA Birthdays