Forum: Challenges Fundraiser

Discussing: The Hobbit Challenge Pledges

The Hobbit Challenge Pledges

For more information about this challenge, read the Challenge description.

Readers, be sure to post your pledges here so we can track the fundraising.

If you would prefer to remain an anonymous donor or if you are not a HASA member and can't post, use the Contact form in the upper right corner of the page to send a note to "Challenges". A Challenge admin will post your information for you.

Thank you for supporting HASA!

Anglachel

Re: The Hobbit Challenge Pledges

I pledge $5 per story to a maximum of $75. No conditions on the stories: any topic or characters within the Challenge.

Current Pledge Total:

NamePer StoryUp to...# StoriesCurrent Pledge
eliza61 $10 $100 4 $40
Nath $5 $75 4 $20
Next?        
TOTALS 2 pledges   4 stories $60

I will update this as new stories are posted and/or new pledges are listed in this forum thread.

For comparison, the last story challenge raised $325 in pledges. Can we beat that amount this time?

Anglachel

I better get writing!

I pledge $3 per story up to $45.  Any story content.

Current Pledge Total:

eliza61 $10 $100 6 $60
Nath $5 $75 6 $30
curiouswombat $3 $45 6 $18
Next?        
TOTALS 3 pledges   6 stories $108

Here is our latest pledge update. A big thank you to curiouswombat for her new pledge!

We are running a funding deficit of $130. Right now, our monthly subscriptions provide $25 per month, with is 1/6 of the monthly hosting cost of $150.

I would like to raise $880 in pledges for this challenge, which would, with the existing subscriptions, cover the hosting deficit and pay HASA's hosting costs through June. We have $220 currently pledged if enough stories are written, so we're a quarter of the way there.

Authors - we need more stories to earn all of the pledges. Your challenge stories will be featured on the home page for four weeks, starting today.

Readers - we need more pledges to get to our funding goal. Small pledges add up, so even if you can only donate a little, every little bit helps.

Thank you!

Anglachel

Authors - we need more stories to earn all of the pledges.

I'm writing as fast as I can, Ang! Who, me?

Authors - we need more stories to earn all of the pledges.

I'm writing as fast as I can, Ang! Who, me?

Yes, I know you are, Aruthir, thank you! And thanks to Archeress for her entry this morning, too.

Anglachel

I've entered a story in The Hobbit Challenge, with a medical theme. 

Current Pledge Total:

eliza61 $10 $100 10 $100 - Maxed out!
Nath $5 $75 10 $50
curiouswombat $3 $45 10 $30
Next?        
TOTALS 3 pledges   10 stories $180

Here is our latest pledge update. We have four new stories since the last update, but no new pledges. One of our pledges has maxed out.

We are running a funding deficit of $130. Right now, our monthly subscriptions provide $25 per month, with is 1/6 of the monthly hosting cost of $150.

I would like to raise $880 in pledges for this challenge, which would, with the existing subscriptions, cover the hosting deficit and pay HASA's hosting costs through June. We have $220 currently pledged if enough stories are written, so we're a quarter of the way there.

Authors - we need more stories to earn all of the pledges. Your challenge stories will be featured on the home page for four weeks, starting today.

Readers - we need more pledges to get to our funding goal. Small pledges add up, so even if you can only donate a little, every little bit helps.

Thank you!

Anglachel

I'll pledge $3 per story, up to a limit of $50.  I'll also try to get something written!!

Current Pledge Total:

Nath $5 $75 10 $50
curiouswombat $3 $45 10 $30
Jay of Lasgalen $3 $50 10 $30
Next?        
TOTALS 4 pledges   10 stories $210

Here is our latest pledge update. We have 10 completed stories and two challenge placeholders. We have a new pledge, from Jay of Lasgalen, for $3 per completed story, up to a total of $50. Thank you, Jay!

I would like to raise $880 in pledges for this challenge, which would, with the existing subscriptions, cover the hosting deficit and pay HASA's hosting costs through June. We have $270 currently pledged if enough stories are written, so we're almost a third of the way there.

Thank you!

Anglachel

Current Pledge Total:

Nath $5 $75 15 $75 - Maxed out!
curiouswombat $3 $45 15 $45 - Maxed out!
Jay of Lasgalen $3 $50 16 $50 - Maxed out!
Next?        
TOTALS 4 pledges   19 stories $270

Here is our latest pledge update. We have 19 completed stories and two challenge placeholders. We have not had any more challenge pledges and all four of our existing pledges are maxed out, for a total of $270.

We are running a funding deficit of $200. This is counting a story pledge that has already been paid. Right now, our monthly subscriptions provide $25 per month, with is 1/6 of the monthly hosting cost of $150.

I would like to raise $880 in pledges for this challenge, which would, with the existing subscriptions, cover the hosting deficit and pay HASA's hosting costs through June. We have $270 currently pledged if enough stories are written, so we're almost a third of the way there.

With the current pledge levels, we will cover the debit from the end of 2012 plus the new cost of January hosting, but will back in the red after February hosting is paid on 2/27.

Anglachel

I'm sorry I could only contribute stories. Real Life is kicking my ass right now.

Stories are good!  Without them, the challenge wouldn't get very far ...

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to Challenges Fundraiser