Forum: Nuzgûl of the Month Forum

Discussing: Nuzgûl of the Month October 2012

Nuzgûl of the Month October 2012

The Nuzgûl of the Month October 2012, Those Who Refused The Summons, can be found here.

There are many stories about different kinds of Elves - Noldor, Sindar, Nandor, Vanyar, Teleri etc. All of these Elves are Eldar, those who once embarked on the Great Journey, regardless if they came to Aman or not. What of those Elves who refused the summons of the Valar from the start? What of the Avari?

My challenge is that you should write a story or a piece of poetry concerning the Avari. Why did they refuse summons? Did they later regret? What were their thoughts and feelings regarding those who left Cuivienen? What was their culture like? Were they only scattered tribes or did they evolve their own sophisticated culture? And so on and so forth.

Pick whatever subject matter you wish as long as it's about the Avari.

Courtesy of Malva Headstrong

Also, please read!

Of course I hope there will be stories from this Nuzgûl, but we also need to look ahead. By the end of this year I'll have pretty much exhausted the old Nuzgûl Hutch - at least when I consider the ones where I at least feel a tiny hint of a nibble on my ankle. I can of course go on posting all the old Nuzgûl for another year, but I think I'd prefer to do something new.

I have some thoughts on how to generate prompts, but perhaps there are others who have ideas on how to go about a sustainable monthly Challenge?

(And much as I'd like to see an outbreak of Fingon/Bill the Pony crack!fic, the pairing generator at the Grey Archive is not on the list... Who, me? )

Re: Nuzgûl of the Month October 2012

Re; finding a new prompt generator. This might be a bit mean

Pick a writer off our active list, if there is such a thing, and get them to suggest a prompt.

Rather like the birthday threads, but not quite.

That is a very evil idea. I like it Laugh out loud (though if that's the method I end up using, I'd modify it a bit to make sure only people who want to play are picked)

I'd be game for this!

Count me in too!

Don't know if it's obvious, but you can count me in on this

Looks like we have some victivolunteers already - great!

I'll be part of the Nuzgûl-breeders as well, of course Who, me?

(although for now I'd settle for inspiration to actually write something this month...)

My late October entry, Hunter, can be found in the November birthday thread.

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to Nuzgûl of the Month Forum