Forum: Treasure Hunt Challenge

Discussing: 2010 February Treasure Hunt

2010 February Treasure Hunt

The hunt is on!

A new set of treasures has been released tonight for your treasure hunting pleasure.

This month, the focus is on a port from the First Age. You may write about it in any way you wish - set in the time, as an historical account, a memory of a place, a legend out of time, a place that is yet to be.

You might turn your attention to another long-vanished city, or perhaps you like to think of the beauty to be found in the lands beyond that capital. If you would like to stick with danger, you can always venture into Mordor, though you might wish to bring along a few comrades. Not really impressed with battles? Try gem-craft.

In member-only areas, there are a few more treasures. Rings are not always worn on the hand, for example, and you should be careful in serene surroundings. What happens when things fall in between? And here are a few more trees to ponder.

Post in this thread when you enter and again when you add a story to read. If you know you want to write a story, but aren't sure if you can have it completed by the closing date of the challenge, just enter a placeholder. Questions? Post them here!

HASA Challenges

Re: 2010 February Treasure Hunt

Another trip to Sirion for me it is, then.

Heh. The first catch. Wink

Who will be #2? This treasure hunt should be an elf lover's dream.

Anglachel

This treasure hunt should be an elf lover's dream.

That's me in, then ...

:>)

Jay

I've posted my story- I'm sorry it's only another drabble?

Drabbles are perfectly acceptable around here. Smile

And, since they are short, maybe you could come up with another one? You little devil!

Anglachel

Indeed I could... if people wanted one?

Better to seek forgiveness than to ask permission.

In a more practical vein, you can have as many entries in a challenge as you like. If you have a bunch of drabbles, you could consider consolidating them into a single story, with each drabble being a chapter. That way it is easy for readers to see all your work in one place and you can easily add another as the muse bites.

Ang

Good point... though I'm of the opinion that although it's better to try the other way, it's faaar easier to ask permission than to seek forgiveness. This is what happens when you send your kids to Catholic school, folks...

The February 2010 Treasure Hunt challenge has been converted to a Nuzgûl today, as it only has one entry, Aruthir's evocative Sittin' On The Dock Of The Bay.

While the treasures are being changed for a new March set, they are still available for story writers.

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to Treasure Hunt Challenge