Forum: FAQs - Post your questions here

Discussing: Concerning The Kin-Strife

Concerning The Kin-Strife

Is there any chance of adding Valacar to the list of searchable characters, please?

(I would also ask if we could have updated bios of Minardil et al, but that is probably pushing my luck, right?)

Re: Concerning The Kin-Strife

Hi Aruthir,

I'll be at home tomorrow, and will try to add Valacar then. I also have notes about the various kings, so may be able to pull something together for Minardil pretty quickly.

By et al, do you mean the Kings of Gondor? Any other specific ones you are interested in? Every time I try to update/add bios for all the Kings (of Gondor or Arnor and its successors) or Stewards, I run out of time or energy long before I finish..... *sigh*

- Barbara

I didn't mean all of Gondor's kings- heaven forbid, I know you have a life- but if you could manage some of the missing ones from the list?

...and along the same lines, King Hyarmendacil II- what was going on there? Aldamir and Minardil were the sons of Eldacar, but where does Vinyarion spring from?

(And why do I always pick the most complicated eras to fanfic in?)

Hi Aruthir,

I'm on hold on the phone right now, so can't answer your question at the moment, BUT....

If you can hold on a few hours, I will try to post the family tree in the Kings of Gondor entry this evening. That would probably cover most of your questions at a glance (birth names like Vinyarion are included). (I'll put the Kings entry on the front page.)

And yes, I am working on what's-his-name's entry....

Oops, gotta go....

- Barbara

Hi Aruthir,

The Valacar bio is done, and I posted a preliminary Kings of Gondor entry. You can see a family tree of all the kings on the KoG entry, which includes birth names and dates.

And, to answer your question, Vinyarion is the birth name of Hyarmendacil II, like Vinitharya is the birth name of Eldacar, and Minalcar is the birth name of Rómendacil II. Eldacar's birth name (Vinitharya) is from the language of the Northmen, like his mother Vidumavi, but after the ugliness of the Kin-strife, I'm really pretty sure Hyarmendacil's birth name had to be a plain-vanilla Gondorian name. Grin

And I think the Kin-strife would be a fascinating era to write fanfic for!  Wave

On to Minardil....

- Barbara

It certainly is fascinating. Smile Thanks for the help with it!

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to FAQs - Post your questions here