Discussing: Story Checker(s)
02 Jan 10 3:11 PM
We're looking for 1 to 3 people who will act as story checkers. With stories being added or updated on a regular basis, HASA needs someone (or a set of someones) who can be relied upon to review stories and ensure they are readable by the appropriate audience.
A story checker would do the following twice per week:
- Look to see what stories have been added or updated since her last visit.
- Quickly scan the overviews of each of those stories.
- Quickly click through the chapters that are new or updated in those stories.
- Note any problems that might prevent the stories being read.
- Contact either the story author or the Site Manager as appropriate to make corrections, or perform corrections directly.
- Coordinate with other admins, such as Reviews, Challenges, Playlists and Workshop, if corrections may affect their areas.
To be a story checker, you need the following:
- Be a HASA member.
- Visit HASA at least twice per week.
- Use either IE or Firefox browsers. (Note - they don't have to be your primary browser, but you'll need one or the other for admin tools.)
- Be able to use basic story sort and selection tools to look at the most recent stories.
- Understand the settings for stories and chapters and what different combinations of settings can do.
- Be able to copy/paste URLs into emails.
It would be very useful if the story checker knows HTML, but HTML skills are not required.
If you are interested in becoming a story checker, leave a comment in this forum thread or send an email to the Site Manager via the Contact form.