Discussing: RSS Monitor
15 Dec 09 10:16 PM
HASA has three RSS feeds - Recently Updated Stories, Recently Reviewed Stories and News. The feeds are updated daily. Occasionally these feeds have a problem due to odd characters in the titles and summaries of stories or news articles.
The RSS Monitor would do the following on a daily basis:
- Check the RSS feeds on the home page
- Look at each feed under IE and Firefox to ensure it displays correctly
- If the display is wrong, log in to the Stories or New administration areas and fix the text causing the problem (usually it is replacing curly quotes with straight ones).
- Click a link to rerun the RSS for the day.
To be the monitor, you would need the following skills:
- A basic understanding of what an RSS feed is
- Have both IE and Firefox (recent versions) on your computer
- Know how to find and subscribe to an RSS feed with those browsers
- Know enough HTML to use the HASA editor to fix odd text characters
If you are interested in becoming an RSS monitor, leave a comment in this forum thread or send an email to the Site Manager via the Contact form.