Discussing: Welcome Volunteer Wanted!
Welcome Volunteer Wanted!
04 Dec 05 2:46 AM
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost.
- Chapter 10, "Strider", Book 1, "The Fellowship of the Ring", "The Lord of the Rings" by J. R. R. Tolkien
There are so many folks here at HASA who are gold and yet people do not see that. We would like to take this opportunity to thank one of our 'gold' members, EdorasLass for her commitment to HASA as Welcome Manager. Due to RL issues, EdorasLass must step down. Our deepest thanks go to her and all our volunteers. Thank you, EL, for everything!!!
Now – what to decide with the time that is given us??? We need a new Welcome Manager. Is your heart joy-filled? Do you yearn to help folk in need? Would you like to give back to the community? Then perhaps you'd consider volunteering as Welcome Manager. You would NOT be alone. There are many people here who will help you, but we do need someone in the top spot. Would you please look at the job description below, consider it, and then offer your services?
Welcome & Users Manager
Principle duties –
1. Lead Welcome Team consisting of Welcome/Users Manager and assistants
2. Greet new members through various venues and actions
3. Monitor new forums and say hi to new members there also (along with Forums Manager/assistants)
4. Help answer newbies questions/concerns
5. Watch for 'Newbie Introductions' forum and respond
6. Correct bounced emails and forward with new addy – place note on HA Yahoo site if not able to contact
7. Note 'new' and 'reactivated' members
8. Answer User Admin questions – password requests using password retrieval system
9. View and react to 'Welcome' emails on mail.planetlw.net
10. Work closely with Communications Manager (Juno) and Site Managers
1. To create new ways to reach new members
2. Knowledge of site venues/aids
3. Sign up for email alerts on 'Ask the Welcome Manager,' 'Members,' and 'Welcome' forums.
4. Subscribe to Yahoo HASA News and Admin Groups
* Most of HASA is automated – due to our incredible Tech Manager – what we are asking of the Welcome Manager is going above and beyond a normal automated reply. We want members and reactivated members to know they are important to HASA.
If you are willing to help HASA stay the friendly and welcoming community it is, please volunteer: contact us or post here!
HASA admin team