Forum: DrummerWench's Discussions

Discussing: Hello To All

Hello To All

I've been lurking here for a while, enjoying many of the stories. I've found that I prefer LOTR fics to Sil fics, and Drama / Action to Romance / Angst. At present, since I have little time, I try not to start reading long fics, or WIPs, but sometimes things like Captain, My Captain and The Queen's Orc get in the way of my good intentions of not staying up 'til the wee hours... Sadly, I won't have time to beta, for now, at least. However, I hope to be able to make occasional constructive comments. Now that I've uploaded something of my own, maybe I won't feel so shy about making comments. I'm not sure I have a lot of fics to write in me - one or two hobbit fics are gently scratching at my brain. On the other hand, I already have a few ideas for fics I want Someone Else to write, so I can read & enjoy ... DrummerGirl

Re: Hello To All

Hey DrummerGirl, Welcome, or rather, welcome to non-lurking! I tend to agree with you on genre (LOTR Drama/Action), and yes, Captain, My Captain is a great piece of work. I just started it myself, it's quite long, but so far I'm enjoying it very much. Please, don't feel shy - especially about making comments! You'll soon see that we authors thrive on them, and many people are discouraged if they see no comments (and some just keep plogging on... ). So even just a quick line, like "Hello, I read it, it was cool" is fine - and anything more is great! And do feel free to criticize, since it's very helpful - Lord knows I'm OK with criticism, considering how subjective I can be regarding my own fics. Also: if you have story ideas, I'm sure you've seen the nuzgul section - it's under Challenges. You can post nuzguls (story ideas) there, and other people will adopt them. Aeneid (I think I'm stealing Cheryl's job on this one... )

Aeneid (I think I'm stealing Cheryl's job on this one... ) LOL! No worries, Aeneid, you're a natural. Hi DrummerGirl, glad you decided to "de-lurk" and join the fun. Congrats on setting up your own forum and posting your first story to beta. There are a lot of helpful and friendly people here. Feel free to Contact Me if you have any questions or problems. Cheryl

Hi, Aeneid Thanks for the welcome! Please, don't feel shy - especially about making comments! It just seems more fair to critique something if I, too, make myself available for critiquing... if you have story ideas, I'm sure you've seen the nuzgul section Yes, I'll be exploring that soon, as well. DrummerGirl

Hi, Cheryl Thanks to you as well. Congrats on setting up your own forum and posting your first story to beta. Once I figured it out, it all went fairly smoothly. DrummerGirl

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

We're sorry. This is a closed discussion. Content is available only to invited readers.

« Back to DrummerWench's Discussions