Forum: Prospective Challenges

Discussing: HA fourth birthday challenge

HA fourth birthday challenge

The Challenge

The Hobbity-looking man with the owl-looking glasses stared at his four visitors and chanted: “It’s only a dream.”

“Yea good master, yet dreams may show truth!” Boromer said, “We come to request that the wordsmiths of your group be more correct in their tales. They do not tell our friendships aright.”

Gimli snorted and grimaced. “They think I went for the Elf!” He snuggled closer to Boromer.

“*I* wasn’t the pervy Hobbit fancier.” Aragorn said, glancing at Legolas.

“*I* was not the pervy Wizard fancier.” He replied. “And none touch rightly on the true desires of the Hobbits.”

“You see, we simply want more truth told.” Said Aragorn.

The man stared at them.

Gimli’s grimace turned to a smile, Legolas giggled, Boromer laughed, Aragorn gave a kingly chuckle.

“Got you!” they said in chorus.

The Man’s eyes flew open as sleep flew away. He lay thinking.

“I don’t care if it takes four years, I will get them for this.”

The Challenge revealed:

Assist this put upon Lore Master as we enter the fifth year of Henneth Annun by aiding his quest. Write any length story about the relations between the members of the Fellowship of the Ring that is not according to canon or fanon. It can be any sort from friendship to life changing love, any rating from G to X and span any time period from the day of the start of the Fellowship to the rest of the lives of the peoples involved. BUT it must start as a part of the Fellowship, no Merry-and-Pippin –for-life, AND it must be funny. I will post an example within days.

This announcement is also in the Prospective Challenges forum.

Dean Maia of Este/Ranger1

P.S. A special prize of nought to the one who can explain the length of the drabble.

Re: HA fourth birthday challenge

Hi, Ranger1

What a fun idea! I'm game.

My word processor counts your drabble as 160 words. I'll make a wild guess. Four years for HASA times 40 years for you?

Gandalfs apprentice 

Re: HA fourth birthday challenge

My word processor counts your drabble as 160 words. I'll make a wild guess. Four years for HASA times 40 years for you?

Gandalfs apprentice

No, fourty time four for HASA!

Ranger1

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to Prospective Challenges