Forum: Prospective Challenges

Discussing: Middle Earth fairy tales

Middle Earth fairy tales

I love fairy stories and so did Tolkien. This challenge is all about Middle Earth fairy stories. This can be done in two ways: 1. either you write a fairy story that is being told in Middle Earth or 2. you rewrite a well known fairy tale in Middle Earth style. e.g. Write me "Little red riding Elf and the big bad Warg" or "Elf White and the seven Petty-Dwarves" or "Beren and Luthien" in fairy tale style or or...or...or

Re: Middle Earth fairy tales

The first thing I thought of was elanor of aquitania's Galrivnil: a Gondorian Fairy Tale. This takes a different tangent from the urban legends and "scary stories" that we've had before. How about it, folks? Who's up for a fairy tale fest? Allie PS - This hobbit poem was inspired by the Fall of Numenor. How would that be told in prose?

This sounds like a very fun idea. We did it once with Silmarillion stories, for a friend's birthday. Mine was "The Three Princes of Valinor" based on "The Three Princes of Serendip" (though it never got finished...) It would be fun to explore the elements of the fairy tale and adapt them to M-e stories. I think I'll have to say I'm in for this one! Starlight

I'd love to do this one. What would be the deadline for it? ~VG

Well, two volunteers so far! Is anyone else up for telling us a Middle-earthian fairy tale? Allie

I think something like this was done before. Or am I just imagining it?

I really have no idea if this has been done before. As for the deadline, I don't know. Would three months be sufficent?

It was the Middle-earth Mother Goose Challenge that I was thinking of, and I don't think that they're similar enough to matter.

Elvenesse is right, this has been done before. And they're both covering the same topic matter. The rule is "no challenge twice", and these two are awfully similar, so I direct all interested in this one to the Middle-earth Mother Goose Oliphaunt. Happy writing! Allie

Alright then. Thanks Meril. I will see into that and maybe write my own share

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to Prospective Challenges