Forum: Prospective Challenges

Discussing: When the Age of Men Fails

When the Age of Men Fails

Movie Verse Aragorn mentioned something about when the Age of Men fails. How would it fail? Write a story, drabble, poem, or ficlet on exactly how the Age of Men comes "crashing down."

Re: When the Age of Men Fails

Wow! That has a lot of potential, doesn't it? I don't think I'm up for it at the moment, but its a great topic to ponder. Karri

The way the Age of Men would fall is pretty interesting. I'm also not up to it at the moment. I guess that any story written would require a lot of work, as it would be a very angsty piece, most likely. I wonder how it would fall, and what would come after that?

*whistles* Challenge-producing machine, aren't you, CLF? *rubs hands, Monty Burns from "The Simpsons" style* Excellent... I think I might even be able to produce a drabble on this one. Dark (yes), angsty (absolutely), and downright depressing (most likely) it may be, but it is quite the interesting premise. Count me in for this one! ~Allie

This is the movie quote: "Sons of Gondor, of Rohan, my brothers. I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day. This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand, Men of the West!" As far as I can remember, there is no such speech at that point in the book. But Aragorn delivered it very nicely in the movie.

*whistles* Challenge-producing machine, aren't you, CLF? *rubs hands, Monty Burns from "The Simpsons" style* Excellent... I think I might even be able to produce a drabble on this one. Dark (yes), angsty (absolutely), and downright depressing (most likely) it may be, but it is quite the interesting premise. Count me in for this one! This is my way of warding off nuzul. If I think of something I know I won't have time to write or something, I just put it here! An angsty drabble would be awesome! We've got one now! I'm debating whether or not I'll try this, so I'm not sure, yet.

This is the movie quote: "Sons of Gondor, of Rohan, my brothers. I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day. This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand, Men of the West!" As far as I can remember, there is no such speech at that point in the book. But Aragorn delivered it very nicely in the movie. Thanks, Elvenesse. I wasn't sure whether it was also in the books . . . I tend to remember things from the movies better. This challenge would be Movie Verse then, I guess.

This is the movie quote: "Sons of Gondor, of Rohan, my brothers. I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day. This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand, Men of the West!" As far as I can remember, there is no such speech at that point in the book. But Aragorn delivered it very nicely in the movie. Thanks, Elvenesse. I wasn't sure whether it was also in the books . . . I tend to remember things from the movies better. This challenge would be Movie Verse then, I guess.

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to Prospective Challenges