Forum: Prospective Challenges

Discussing: How do I hate thee?

How do I hate thee?

We've had the love sonnets, we've had the bitter love-hate sonnets, how about prose on the topic of how some of the more infamous rivals/enemies in Middle-earth first knew... that the world wasn't big enough for the both of them? ;-)

Gandalf and Denethor, Túrin and Saeros, Saruman and Gandalf, Tuor and Maeglin, Bilbo and Lobelia, Bill Ferny and just about anyone, Gríma and Éowyn, Gríma and Éomer—one-sided rivalry or mutual, it need not be their very first meeting (although hate/dislike at first sight could occur between some of them), but the defining moment of their rivalry/dislike might be worth delving into.

Anyone interested?

Re: How do I hate thee?

Hmm, I might be, as some of the Denethor/Thorongil stuff I've got swirling around may fall into this category. But if you're seeing a Valentine's Day deadline, there is no way I am going to have anything written in time

With less than a month before Valentine's Day, I seriously doubt we could do it before then. More than likely the deadline would be after Valentine's Day. How late would it need to be?

Personally this is one challenge I won't be writing -- I've just got too much going on right now, fanfic-wise, and as Liz has pointed out I'm bad at saying "no" to these, so I'm trying to improve on that.

Marta

With less than a month before Valentine's Day, I seriously doubt we could do it before then. More than likely the deadline would be after Valentine's Day. How late would it need to be?

Well, I didn't think you would make it (this) Valentine's Day!

I just wanted to point out that I may be writing a fic that may fit this challenge at some point in the future and would therefore possibly be prepared to commit to it.

But not right now.

I don't have any specific plans after my current fic, just a lot of Denethor-related stuff that will undoubtedly involve the rivalry with Thorongil. So I think I need to finish the current fic (or get close) before I could have any concept of when I might deal with this one.

Which was why I was being rather cagey

Hmm, there are lots of great ideas for rivalries being discussed over at HA, but is anyone actually over here signing up....?

Liz

>>Hmm, there are lots of great ideas for rivalries being discussed over at HA, but is anyone actually over here signing up....?

Me.

Elemmíre

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to Prospective Challenges