Forum: Hands of the King

Discussing: Ch. 22 - Tales

Ch. 22 - Tales

Tales Finduilas POV - In which the tall, dark, taciturn fellow finally admits his feelings, Finduilas plans a wedding, and poetry is in the air. This one is for romantics. My thanks to Celandine Brandybuck for the loan of her OC Golasgil for this chapter. I return him none the worse for wear. Toodles - Ang

Re: Ch. 22 - Tales

Hooray! I'm printing and running off to bed, pulling the covers over my head, bringing out the flashlight and READING.... I won't be able to respond again till after the week-end - huge, busy one and I'll be out of town, but when I return..... Thanks for updating! AND for notifying me! Agape

>tall, dark, taciturn fellow Tease. Good thing I read the chapter before coming here. >He looked at her, brow wrinkled. ‘Have a presumed too much, Finduilas? I think a should be "I". He sounds a bit Southern here. >let in Bard. His parents walked at his either side, his father stern and proud, "at his either side" seems wrong but perhaps is just an archaic construction? >‘I fail to see how I may. You leave for Dol Amroth in a few weeks, do you not?’ You can't see it but there's a hard-coded line break in between do and you. Ahhh... poetry.

[giggle] Have a good trip! Ang

Well, Dol Amroth *is* in the south of Gondor! ;-) Fixed, as is the line break. >tall, dark, taciturn fellow Tease. Good thing I read the chapter before coming here. Snicker. Now, be fair, Mr. Grumpy admits some of his feelings at the end, too. Just not the ones we are hoping to hear about. Toodles - Ang

Ohhhh - you are a tease!!! Here I was hoping...... Oh well - I enjoyed the chapter very much - especially her search for the perfect gift - the book was awesome - its description great. I am going to scream if they don't get together soon and with her leaving for Dol Amroth - it can't be true! Oh well - did you notice I'm a little hyper this morning - it's cause i didn't get any sleep last night - thanks to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goodness but you are a tease... I was having a rather down day as it were and I came home from class expecting nothing new or wonderful to happen to me. I turn on my computer and to make a bad day even worse, it was acting ridiculously stupid and freezing every five minutes it seemed. On a whim, I checked my e-mail, consigning myself to the fate of either the server not working or having no messages at all and... I gasped and screamed and danced around the room for about five minutes before calming down enough to actually read it. You, my lady, are driving me INSANE. But I love it, so its all good. ::silly grins:: I don't think I've ever wished to smack Finduilas upside the head yet...ah, there's a first time for everything I suppose. Bless you.

I finally got a minute to answer you. Yes, I am being a tease, but rest assured that Mr. Grumpy *will* have to 'fess up at some point. The search for just the right book is actually similar to me trying to find *some* book my husband has not already read that I may give to him as a gift . I like finding just the right quotes, too. Hmm, there's a good question - will they figure it all out before Finduilas leaves for Dol Amroth, or shall it be done through letters? [Ang looks in palantir] Yup, it's one of those two alternatives... Get some sleep. It will be several weeks before another chapter is out.. Toodles - Ang

Your mother must not like me very much. ;-) BTW, I didn't thank you for the peom you posted several weeks back while I was out of town - yes, it does capture the tension between Finduilas and Thorongil. Smacking Finduilas? Whatever for? As always, thanks for reading. I appreciate that people are taking the time to read and comment on HotK, especially given that it is a large story and posted over a long period of time. Ang

You wicked woman, you! I kept waiting for it, and was sure it was coming at the end! @#%&*! Also: "sent Aerin along [to] help." Lyllyn

Hmm, there's a good question - will they figure it all out before Finduilas leaves for Dol Amroth, or shall it be done through letters? [Ang looks in palantir] Yup, it's one of those two alternatives... Argh - I'd hate to want to wait for the big bang! From the artistic perspective, I can see why you'd go on torturing us, though. *sigh* BTW, I love Daddy Dearest's new nickname. Mr. Grumpy indeed!

My mother said to tell you that on the contrary, she finds the animatedness your story produces me "a joy to share" I believe were her words. She also said to say that she wasn't being sarcastic, embittered, or in any other way insincere. As for the poem, you're welcome. As for smacking Finduilas, I have now become reconciled to the fact that I cannot blame her for slamming the door in his face, for I, too, sadly, in that situation would have done the same. Thank you for reading?! Hah! You are certainly welcome, but I think...wait...I KNOW it would be great deal harder for me to NOT read it. Thank YOU for writing. "...large story and posted over a long period of time..." So much the better! Wait...did that sound too greedy?

Well, then, I shan't contradict your mother, but shall endeavor to remain in her good graces by keeping you, erm, animated. ;-) I think Denethor deserved a good door-slam, myself, since he is ducking his feelings and not answering her questions. Oh, yes, it is a long story. I'm actually closing in on 400K words and 42 chapters. It was supposed to be @ 75,000 and 12 chapters when I started. Luckily, HotK keeps me insulated from all the other nuzgul. Toodles - Ang

400K words? *melts* Yes, he definitely deserved a door slam. The very walls of the city will cry out for the tread of your feet upon them...and Aiavale will miss you more?!? *shakes head* *SLAM*

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to Hands of the King

Stories linked to the forum