Forum: HASA Birthday Cards Forum

Discussing: July 2005 Birthdays - 2

July 2005 Birthdays - 2

July 2005 Babies
Hey guys,

It's that time of the month again. With July just a few days away it's time to celebrate the births of those members born in this month.

Is your birthday in July? Would you like a drabble? Then post a request in this thread so other members can write you drabbles.

Birthday Drabble requesters - don't forget to add your story to the
HASA Birthday Cards workshop and enter it in the July Birthday Challenge

Birthday Drabble Writers - don't forget to add your drabbles to the recipient's story in the HASA Birthday Cards workshop

Instructions for Birthday Drabbling: complete and easy to follow instructions on the new system.

Marta

July 2 -- Tari how about something for her with Haldir and Legolas????

July 12 -- Marta I'm interested in moments between cultures where one considers itself more civilised than the other. What did the "less civilised" think of the "more civilised".

A good example is the Gondorians and the Rohirrim. Faramir describes the Rohirrim as "middle men", and strongly suggests that they're less civilised than Gondorians. So what did the Rohirrim think of the Gondorians?

Pick any such pair. Noldor/Sindar, Shire-hobbits/hobbits outside of the Shire, Elves/Dwarves, Bree-men/Dunedain Rangers (or the other way around on that one), Men/Orcs. And give me a glimpse of what the "other side" thought of the supposed superiors. Bonus points if you can bring Celeborn into it in some fashion.

July 18 -- Cheryl a drabble of Legolas and my 'alter-ego' would be really fantabulous, but one of Legolas and Estel, or just Legolas alone would be just as appreciated. A ..er..ahem.. naughty drabble would be GREAT. *sheepish grin*

July 24 -- ErinRua I would like to see any interaction between any Rohirrim, canon or oc, and any Dunedain. Be it one of the Grey Company at any point in their dealings with Theoden's host or some other encounter, I would like to see any interaction between Rohirrim and Dunedain. Perhaps when the Grey Company first met up with Aragorn, or on the Pelannor Fields or at the Black Gate, or after the war was done ... Or it could be a meeting of women, if no male muses speak up. Wherever your imagination places you!

July 25 -- Vilwarin My birthday is on July 25th. I love the northern Rangers (especially Halbarad), so I would like to have something with Halbarad and perhaps Aragorn. Post-war Aragorn with Arwen, Faramir, Éomer, Dari or children in general would be fine too.

You may choose the rating, though some smutty het would be highly appreciated *smug grin*. But no slash please.

July 28 -- SilverWolf I would like to see a drabble about Glorfindel. Either with Ecthelion, or Elrond. Yes, I think they are one and the same. I would prefer non-slash, but will not shy away if drabbles do have slash in them.

Vilwarin, another for you

Chris made me do it, over on the HA list. Here's a little follow up to your previous drabble, a tribble dedicated to you but also to all PNDFers.

Dwim

Names that Shame

It was crowded in The Pony's common room, and with the bustle and chatter of so many, three lonely figures in the corner went almost unnoticed as they waited for their supper. Which little troubled them, for they'd their own business.

"—only did we spend half the day choking on dust behind a Dwarven caravan—" Aragorn was saying, when Halbarad chimed in, grinning.

"—but when Aragorn left to see to their ponies, some cook threw a pail of dishwater out the window. Right in the face," he finished, eyes atwinkle.

Their tablemate, an older Ranger, Telebrin, grunted after a glance at Aragorn. "No harm done, it seems," he remarked.

"Oh no," Halbarad said, grin broadening. "Quite an improvement act—"

"So Heron—" Aragorn began, and his friend groaned.

"Will you cease? They'll hear—"

"'Heron'?" Telebrin asked, skeptically, gaze shifting to Halbarad.

"Chamberlass-clept," Aragorn declared solemnly.

"Least she's pretty, Strider," Halbarad grumbled, and got a glare. Their companion shook his head.

"Well, I think you've naught to complain of," he said, matter-of-factly.

"Oh?"

"No." He began ticking points off. "You're alive. You're paid off. It was dishwater, not a chamber pot—" the younger men grimaced at this "—and as for your new names—"

He was interrupted in his recitation by one of the serving lasses, calling to them above the din from three tables over: "Sorry, lads, it'll be a minute more. And what was it again that you'd wanted, Stilts?"

Aragorn and Halbarad exchanged a look, and Halbarad, after a moment, mouthed, 'Stilts?' Telebrin gave a pained sigh, glared at his young companions, who were manfully attempting to seem somber, and then turned an incongruously mild gaze upon the girl.

"It matters naught, my dear. Just make it strong, whatever it is."

Re: july Birthday Babies - Take 2

Marta!!!!!

I want to thank you for your long tale - I am computer illiterate and not sure how this web site works yet.  Agape showed me that I have to click on the Singing words and a tale would pop up.  I'm so sorry that I did not see it.  Agape let me use her computer to see it and, when I get to work, I will print it off. (short note from Agape - Marta - I ran out of ink on my computer, else I would have printed it off now *blushes in shame*).

Thank you for the information about the Legolas stores.  When I finish reading daws, I will go into the ones you mentioned and read them. 

One of these days, I'll learn!  I promise!  'Cause I do love the stories on this board.

Thanks again,

Tari

Another note from Tari - but sent via Agape's computer....

Tanaqui!

I especially loved these lines.

"Did not the Lord and Lady once call Menegroth home? And this time 'tis not the dwarf draws trouble to your lands."

Thank you so much for helping to make my birthday month special.  Sorry I did not see this until now.  I'm adding you to my list of authors to read.

Tari 

Another note from Tari but sent via Agape's computer...

Thank you, Arandil,

I can't pick out any one thing to comment on - I loved the whole drabble.

As a result, I pulled up your name and found some wonderful stories that I will have to read, especially Captain of the Guard - that looks so good!

Again, thank you!

Tari

Re: Vilwarin, another for you

Thank you Dwim. Loved it.

only did we spend half the day choking on dust behind a Dwarven caravan
Oh the poor ones. Being covered in dust is no fun at all.

some cook threw a pail of dishwater out the window. Right in the face...Quite an improvement act
Aragorn got his face washed for free and is now clean which seems to be seldom enough. *lol*

It was dishwater, not a chamber pot
Oh yes, getting the contents of a chamberpot thrown at you is not fun. *shudders* But it would happen often enough in the middle-ages. Living in a town you would have to watch where you were going.

'Stilts?'
They seem to name the Rangers for their hight, do they not? Or at least some. hehe

~Vil

Happy Birthday Cheryl

Filaments of Web

He closed his eyes, waiting for breath to return.  He had hoped it had been a dream, but it was not.  He was a prisoner.  Filaments of web surrounding his body did not lie. 

He had been on patrol; the spiders had attacked.  His warriors had stood their ground, but there were too many.  His sword had been ripped from his arm by the sticky filth.  He pulled his knives, the beautiful, ivory-handled gifts from his mother.  They did not save him.  He hoped they were not lost.  

A sour laugh escaped his lips.  He hoped he was not lost

Re: Happy Birthday Cheryl

*does an Arandil-worthy squeeee, grabs Agape and dances around*

Thanks so much! You made my day. ;p
Ah... and the inclusion of the daggers.. Ooo shiny...
And I love your Legolas with his slightly cynical sense of humour. Oh, this is
excellent..

Kisses,
Cheryl

ErinRua - bite 2

Another for Erin! Pernicious Rohirric nuzgûl.

Dwim

Son Ascendant

As night to day they had ever been to each other, the Ruling Steward and the Servant Prince. The two odd halves of the world's turning, Ecthelion thought, as Thengel stood before him in his study on a hasty summons.

"What word from Rohan, 'Thelya?" Thengel asked, foreboding in his eyes. For as the sun must ever blaze brighter than the moon, so must he learn now to outshine me, Ecthelion thought. Poor man! Thus clasping Thengel's arms, he said firmly:

"Long in friendship and service, Fengelsson. Let me be first to say it, therefore: Wes hal, cyning thære Mearce."

Wes hal, cyning thære Mearce."—Hail, king of the Mark.

Whoops, missed this one! I'm glad you liked it, Vil!

They seem to name the Rangers for their hight, do they not? Or at least some. hehe

I suppose they could start naming them for the kind of mud they track in or something...

Dwim

Hello Silverwolf,

your request was: 

July 28 -- SilverWolf I would like to see a drabble about Glorfindel. Either with Ecthelion, or Elrond. Yes, I think they are one and the same. I would prefer non-slash, but will not shy away if drabbles do have slash in them.

I know it's a bit early, but I don't know when I'll be able to next access the site, so here are 1) my birthday wishes for you in advance and 2) a birthday drabble. I hope you like it.

~*~

Grace 

Frustration dogs my weary steps out of the King's Council. One more inconclusive, tension-filled session: contradicting counsels on strategy, bleak reports of devastation and grief outside the Hidden Kingdom. Shining fountains, sun-dappled emerald of Tumladen's sward do nothing to appease my anguish. Striding heedlessly down to the great gate, I am hailed by its warden.

"Glorfindel, friend, whither do you go?"

"Turgon sends me out scouting. To what purpose ultimately? We know what awaits this fair city and its citizens – ruin to all our designs, as Mandos foretold."

"Hope remains," Ecthelion's fair voice soothes. "Let me show you Idril's way."

~*~

I had the heck of a time coming up with a title for this one. The finally chosen one pleases me very much, I must confess; it's so nicely ambiguous and multi-layered ...

Imhiriel

B-drabble for Marta

Hello Marta,

in the midst of some hair-tearing title-searching for another drabble, I was suddenly bitten by your birthday-nuzgul. So I'm afraid its rather late to be a proper present, but I hope I can help brighten up this day!

A Hallowed Place of Both Peoples

Eorl finally reached the summit of the Halifirien, to be greeted by emptiness. Merely some lonely alfirin stirred in a fitful breeze.

So, Cirion after all had had to yield to his council's insistence: removed Elendil's grave from the Hill of Awe. The Eorlings well knew the whispers from Gondor, looking askance at these strangers, these "Men of the Twilight", uncultured and wild.

Did they not trust exchanged Oaths, Eru Himself a witness? Not believe the newly-settled nation would cherish the land, its history and holy places?

He would show Gondor his people's worth: let mistrust and disparagement be forgiven.

A/N:
- The title is a quote from UT, II (iii), Cirion and Eorl.
- "But when this was done, and Eorl had returned to the North to bring back all his people to their new dwelling, Cirion removed the Tomb of Elendil." (UT, II (iv), The Tradition of Isildur)
- "Men of the Twilight" is what Faramir calls them in TTT, The Window of the West. Imhiriel

Chris made me do it, over on the HA list.

I'm so happy I made you do it This is great. I love these names: Stilts.

Chris

Re: B-drabble for Marta

Nice way of accounting for Elendil's two resting places, Imhiriel! And also the lesson Éorl thinks to give his "betters": forgiveness of a slight shows the greater worth of a people.

Also, Chris wrote:

I'm so happy I made you do it This is great. I love these names: Stilts.

Stamp a bunny on your bedpost, ya got me!

July 24 -- ErinRua I would like to see any interaction between any Rohirrim, canon or oc, and any Dunedain. Be it one of the Grey Company at any point in their dealings with Theoden's host or some other encounter, I would like to see any interaction between Rohirrim and Dunedain.

Well, this isn't one of the Grey Company, but I hope you don't mind an interaction between the older generation?

"Man of the North"

The ragged man standing before me names himself as Thorongil. No man of the Mark, this; I wonder what land birthed his fathers.

His hair reminds me of the tales of Wolf. Is he from Dunland? Yet he does not feel foul. He stands tall before me, offers the hilt of his sword, awaiting my decision.

This Thorongil is not the only stranger to seek service far from home. I remember the days when I was the only straw-head in a sea of raven, and the smiling maiden who saw past my foreign looks.

How can I do less now?

Imhiriel,

in the midst of some hair-tearing title-searching for another drabble, I was suddenly bitten by your birthday-nuzgul. So I'm afraid its rather late to be a proper present, but I hope I can help brighten up this day!

If you're late in writing it, I hope I'm excused tardiness in replying. ;) This is lovely, wonderfully done. My birthday day was brightened by lots of other drabbles, but I found this one exactly when I needed it. And it is on a theme that speaks very, very powerfully to my heart right now.

I think you are absolutely right: the Númenoreans seemed to have a problem with forgiving wrongs. Not all Númenoreans, of course, but this slowness to forgive is seen in many of them. On the other hand, the Rohirrim are loyal and seem to be very merciful. (I'm thinking specifically of how Théoden showed mercy to Gríma who had in many ways caused the death of his only son!)

A lovely moment, taking us off the beaten track, with wonderful writing and characterisation -- what more could I want? (Answer: not much.)

Please add it to my drabble story, if you haven't already.

Marta

For Vilwarin, July 25

Vilwarin said I love the northern Rangers (especially Halbarad), so I would like to have something with Halbarad and perhaps Aragorn.

Sorry it's a few days late, but I hope this will suit. Happy Birthday!

Best man

The morrow’s bridegroom is a little tipsy. “Your turn next,” he slurs. “Chieftain needs a wife. An heir. What are you waiting for?”

Aragorn winces, not at Halbarad’s grip on his arm as they stagger across the courtyard, but at his words. “A kingdom,” he mutters. “Or two.”

Halbarad halts, turns to face his friend. “So there is someone!” he cries triumphantly. “Who is she?”

Silence. At last a single word escapes Aragorn’s lips: “Arwen.”

“Ah….” Halbarad grasps Aragorn’s hand. “You helped me win Íreth when I doubted. I will do what I can to help you to your bride.”

Cheers, Liz

For SilverWolf, July 28

SilverWolf said I would like to see a drabble about Glorfindel. Either with Ecthelion, or Elrond. Yes, I think they are one and the same.

I inadvertently seem to have acquired a small obsession with Glorfindel and the Witch-King, which inspired this....

Few who can ride openly against the Nine

“There will be dangers in all paths, but he who takes the Great Road will most likely face the greatest peril. They will surely be found at the bridge or where the road is hemmed between river and hill.” Elrond turned to the golden-haired warrior beside him. “Will you take that way, my friend?”

Glorfindel smiled. “Gladly. Who else better? He fled from me before, and my power has not lessened in a thousand years. Nor I think has his fear.” He frowned. “It seems my fate is wound with his; perhaps that future I once spoke of grows near.”

Happy Birthday, Silverwolf!

Cheers, Liz

Just a silly little thing for SilverWolf...happy birthday.

The Wrong Balrog

They left the minstrels and the swirling crowds of Turgon's halls behind and sought solace on a small balcony. The brilliant stars scattered their light into the dark waters and danced in their crystal goblets.

"Was it like that, over the sea?" asked Ecthelion.

"You mean about the Balrog? Sure." Glorfindel drained his cup.

"I wish they'd stop singing it. I'd like to...well, move on. Like you."

"Mine was just an everyday Balrog. Yours was special. Gothmog himself. Slayer of Fingon. Slayer of Fëanor, even."

"Well, hmm, yes. That's it. I mean...did it have to be that one?

Elemmíre

Re: july Birthday Babies - Take 2 (and another one for SilverWolf)

I love the "everyday Balrog"!
I want a mini-Balrog for the winter, to keep my feet warm!

Thank you for sharing, that's a wonderful birthday drabble!

And I have a drabble for SilverWolf, too.

Elrond & my OFC, Nihil of Mithlond. (It's an effort to get started on rewriting chapter 42 of my story "The Tides of Time and the Bones of the Earth"... restructuring my story has reduced it to 140 words *sigh*).

OK, here goes:

Hold Her Close 

He held her close as they rode across the plains. He was glad for the thundering noise of the hooves that drowned out the thundering of his heart.

What was it about her, he mused, that drew him like that?

Was it her quiet, self-effacing dignity?
Was it her boundless compassion?
Was it her unquestioning courage in the face of all obstacles?
Was it the fragrance of her hair or the light in her eyes?

He had no answers for his questions. So he did the only thing he could do:

he held her close and was glad of it.

Re: For Vilwarin, July 25

Tank you, Liz. I enjoyed it so much. How does ne say; in wine, truth? Or perhaps ale.
Halbarad voices what everybody seems to think. How did Aragorn explain to his people that he had to wat until he was king? Somehow waiting for a kingdom or two seems silly, but it is true enough!
I do not think eager Halbarad knows what he is getting himself into. And in the end he really did all he coud.

~Vil

Re: ErinRua - bite 2

[ "Long in friendship and service, Fengelsson. Let me be first to say it, therefore: Wes hal, cyning thære Mearce."]

Greetings, Oh Dwim!

Though we already spoke by email, I just wanted to say with the world as witness, Thank You.  My birthday was actually a bit shadowed by Real Life, so the gift of your talent is even more special.  You continually make me look anew at old, familiar scenes and here you have done it again.  It leaves me with new warmth for Ecthelion, and new feeling for Thengel who must take up an unwanted crown.  A lovely moment between two strong men - thank you so much for sharing! 

Cheers ~
Erin

Oh, Marta!

I missed this until just now - Thank you so much!  I really like this, very much indeed.  One does have to wonder what Thengel thought, when this stranger appeared on his doorstep, a wandering knight in rags of green and brown, yet with nobility in his eyes.

What a lovely little twist that he remembers first meeting Morwen and her special kindness, and resolves to turn the favor to the stranger now before him.  {*Huggles drabble closely*}  This is a lovely piece with wonderful feeling, and I thank you for it. 

Cheers ~

Erin

P.S.

Although she will likely strangle me for this, I would also like to recommend you all to the lovely little vignette that Sillimarilli left me on my B-Day Workshop page.  You may find it here:

http://www.henneth-annun.net/members/workshop/chapter.cfm?wsid=1&stid=5450

And it is entitled, "An Empty Saddle to Fill."  Sorry, Silli, mellon nin, I'm just too proud not to share!

Cheers ~

Erin

Re: july Birthday Babies - For Cheryl

Hi Cheryl!!!

I know...it's late. *hangs head*

Hope your day was a wonderful one filled with many lovely moments.

You wanted Legolas with your "alter-ego" and by golly that's what you get. This is a follow up to your VERY late birthday drabble from last year.

Cheers!

Vistula

~~~~

Forever Dancing

Twirling…faster and faster until leaves spin like stars above her upturned face. Delighted laughter replaces earlier apprehension, and cheeks flush with excitement. As the music reaches it’s crescendo, Mirwen felt her being would burst for the pleasure in it.

Then like heart-rending joy, the chords fade, leaving a hushed stillness in their wake. She gasps as the Prince’s hands encircle her waist just a moment longer than propriety allowed. Eyes sparkling, she falls into his smile as he guides her to the waiting refreshment table.

“A breath,” Legolas whispers for her alone, “then perhaps you’ll grace me with another?”

Vi!! Ohmigod! *grabs her in a fierce hug* God's truth woman, you're a downright ANGEL! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! I was feeling so depressed today because my best friend's mother (only 47) just got cremated... and this totally brought a huge smile to my face. =)

Vistula wrote:
>Hi Cheryl!!! *waves*

C:*waves back*

>I know...it's late. *hangs head*

C:Hell, I'm the queen of procrastination... I'm not one to complain. ;p This is my best present. I got no LOTR-related gifts. Can you believe that?? Not ONE. Jeez. Nice family I've got. LOL. All the money I got instead went into the bank.. Honestly. What's the point? We only live once, I say. Anyways... rambling aside.. Onwards..  

>Hope your day was a wonderful one filled with many
lovely moments.

C:Er... ahem... check the above tirade. *guffaws*

>You wanted Legolas with your "alter-ego" and by golly
that's what you get.This is a follow up to your VERY
late birthday drabble from last year.

C:Vi... *very solemn face* I love you. I do. I really REALLY do. *genuflects*

~~~~
>She gasps as the Prince's hands encircle her waist just a moment longer than propriety allowed.

C: Hell yeah! Grope all ye want, elf boy. *VBleer* Bwaheheheh...

>Eyes sparkling, she falls into his smile

C: You see, Vi, you've managed to brighten my day so much that I'm back to my inane self.. LOL. Which, some might say, is not a very prudent thing (psst... who listens to *them* anyway, eh?) This part got me thinking of all those toothpaste ads where the sparkle of the teeth glints and blinds everyone! *snort*

>"A breath," Legolas whispers for her alone, "then
perhaps you'll grace me with another?"

C: But O'COURSE, luv. Of course... *winks*

Thanks again, Vistula.

Kisses,

Cheryl Ann Alexis

Belatedly for ErinRua, July 24

ErinRua would like to see any interaction between any Rohirrim, canon or oc, and any Dunedain.

Sorry it's taken a while to cudgel my muse into shape. This is a kind of companion piece to Marta's "Man of the North": I think Thengel's two oldest children would be equally intrigued by a newcomer....

The Unbidden Stranger

It could not be said he had “impressed” the Second Marshal, but it seemed he would be permitted to join an éored. Now, cleaning tack, he was aware of more scrutiny.

“See: dark hair, like Mother’s.” The tow-haired boy tried to speak low, but his treble whisper carried down the barn.

“Maybe he’s from Mundburg?” His sister peered round the door now.

“We serve there. They don’t come here.” The boy’s voice was scornful. “Besides, he’s got a funny accent.” His voice rose, excited. “Maybe he’s a spy from Dunland!”

Thorongil resigned himself to being tailed until he proved otherwise.

Happy (Belated) Birthday!

Cheers, Liz

Re: Belatedly for ErinRua, July 24

Oh, Liz, THANK YOU!

I don't mind belatedly, not at all!    This is a wonderful tie-in to Marta's piece, and also charming to have little Theoden and his sister scrutinizing this newcomer.  LOL, and that's *so* kid-like, to have them concocting suspicions and thinking Thorongil is a spy.  Now I can just imagine them lurking around after him everywhere he goes - until one of the adults catches them at it, LOL!

Thank you so much!  This really created a terrific picture, and it made me smile.
Cheers ~

Erin

Nice way of accounting for Elendil's two resting places, Imhiriel!

Thanks, Dwim.
Last time I read this section of UT, I was thinking of discussions here and at HA about the obsession of the later Southern Númenóreans with pureness of the blood of Westernesse, lines of descent, their position as a race in relation to other Men of M-e etc.
It struck me as rather impolitic, maybe even rude, towards their new allies that the Gondorians didn't deem them worthy of harboring Elendil's grave.

The text does say they did it because the Halifiren not longer was the centre of their lands. But if you take into account that Isengard was also not longer directly joined to their main centre, and nevertheless they kept direct control over it (until Saruman), it makes one wonder why they couldn't have done the same on Amon Anwar - they did share its control with the Eorlingas...

I do think it's a bit of a stretch to infer so much as a possible motivation (and I took it to a tense point, with their haste, and Éorl not being informed), but it does seem to be plausible.

Imhiriel

Thanks for the high praise, Marta *blush*! I'm grateful I could help when you needed it.

Not all Númenoreans, of course, but this slowness to forgive is seen in many of them.

I think its this whole preoccupation with the past. If you keep looking backward, it's harder to go past wrongs, misunderstandings, grudges etc. to move past it. And especially the Soutern line was growing more and more rooted to a glorious past in the face of encroaching evil from inside and outside. Whereas the Northern Dúnedain made a radical severing, had to live with contempt and ignorance from those among whom they lived unrecognized and unappreciated.

I didn't even think of Théoden's mercy towards Gríma, but it's really a perfect example! Thanks for reminding me (I have now the moving delivery of Bernhard Hill in my ear...).

Will add it to the drabble story as soon as I figure out how. [Edit: Done!]

Imhiriel

Re: july Birthday Babies - Late for ErinRua

Hello and Happy late birthday to you ErinRua! I hope your day was wonderful!!

You wanted interaction between Rohirrim and Dunedain so I give you another "victim" of the lady Eowyn. This is slightly Movie!verse in location but when the muse speaks, who am I to argue.

I hope you enjoy!

Cheers,

Vistula

~~~~

Horse Sense

“Where’s that wretched nag!”

Grumbling under my breath I ignore amused looks and grinning teeth that peek out from grizzled yellow whiskers. The Rohirrim cough to hide laughter behind weather worn hands. They have watched me pass no less than thrice this day, trailing the same willful steed, to the same striped tent.

I watch him flirt shamelessly as the golden lady feeds him sweet grain from an even sweeter hand. How can I blame him? He is bold, while I fluster in her indifferent gaze.

“You’ve charmed him, I think, lady Eowyn.”

She smiles, and my heart is lost.

You are quite welcome, my dear! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I had fun writing it.

Cheers,
Vistula

Re: july Birthday Babies - For SilverWolf

Hullo and happy birthday (a little late) to you SilverWolf!

At last the muse is on a roll, and I'm taking advantage of it while I can to try and catch up.

You asked for Glorfindel and Elrond, so here you go. Hope you enjoy and that you had a wonderful day!!

Cheers,

Vistula

~~~~
Shadow and Flame

“I don’t understand why you send youth where experience would better serve…”

Glorfindel’s pose was indignant, even wounded, and he faced Elrond with an expression that challenged the decision.

The Peredhel smiled, placing a hand on the other’s shoulder. “They are young, yes, but what they lack in experience they make up in passion. They’ll serve the Ring-bearer well.”

“As well as I?”

For a moment, Elrond’s eyes clouded with a vision of shadow and flame, a figure falling into darkness.

“You know as well as I, sometimes even experience is not enough.”

Glorfindel sighed, resigned. “What have you foreseen?”

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to HASA Birthday Cards Forum