Forum: HASA Birthday Cards Forum

Discussing: March 2005 Birthdays - 1

March 2005 Birthdays - 1

Post all March birthday requests here!

March 3 - Celandine Brandybuck: I'd still appreciate drabbles about any of the Steward's family. Time, place, topic up to the author's discretion!

March 6 - Agape4Gondor: Is there a chance I might find a Boromir drabble here for me?

March 6 - Khazar-Khum: For drabbles--let's see the bad guys in action, shall we?

March 11 - Erin (Sangfroid101): Something involving the Teleri- anything. It can be a teleri reference by some LOTR characters, or a drabble at sea, wherever, whenever. I'm not picky. I just like the teleri. :-)

March 14 - Elena Tiriel: I'd like a drabble about one or more male character(s) being heroic (however you wish to define that term -- it's not limited to deeds in battle...). My favorite races are Elves (not Kinslayers) and Rohirrim... but Faramir will do in a pinch. Or even Gimli. (Especially if he's with Legolas...) And I *love* it when someone picks out an obscure corner of canon to write about... but that's not a requirement, just icing on the (many-candled) birthday cake...

March 20 - Vistula the Dunedain: My birthday (the BIG 40) is March 20th and I would LOVE drabbles that have YOUR favorite character somehow interacting with MY favorite character. For those few of you who haven't already guessed who THAT may be, the answer is, of course, Sam.

Anytime, any place, any situation is great! (And I don't mind slash either, if you are so inclined.)

March 23 - Tárion Anaróre: I would reeeeeeeeeeeally love something with the sons of Feanor. Especially the younger ones, if you're up to it! I'd also take anything with Elladan & Elrohir if you don't want to do kinslayers (I love them to death). (Just no slash please!)

March 29 - Meril (Allie): I'm incredibly indecisive. I want (a) a happy moment between Feanor and Nerdanel, or (b) anything Houses of Healing, or (c) Galadriel and Celeborn anywhere. If you incorporate all of those (definitely not required!), I'll drop dead from shock.

March 31 - Forodwaith: I'd love drabbles about Arwen (a criminally underwritten character IMO), especially if they focus on a part of her life other than her relationship with Aragorn. If you're an Arwen-hater, write me a drabble about Sam and his garden and I'll be just as happy.

Because I am in a famously impatient mood...

So sue me. I've waited for over six months before I could make my drabble request, so posting for March just two weeks before the month actually starts has been an incredible test of iron willpower. I'm considering it saintly that I waited until now.

It is irrelevant that my birthday is still over six weeks away. Completely irrelevant.

Allie

edit: I don't want to spam the b-day cards forum with replies, so:
To Vistula: I know! I figured 6 months was a long enough time to wait, so I just thought, Heck, I'll go ahead and post it! It was a miracle that I held out this long. I considered waiting til tomorrow, when it's precisely 2 weeks until the end of February, but my willpower didn't stand up to that argument.

Re: March 2005 Babies

Ooooohhhh! I'm so glad you did this Allie. I've been wanting to for about two months now but didn't want to be the first (overly eager) one!! My birthday (the BIG 40) is March 20th and I would LOVE drabbles that have YOUR favorite character somehow interacting with MY favorite character. For those few of you who haven't already guessed who THAT may be, the answer is, of course, Sam. Anytime, any place, any situation is great! (And I don't mind slash either, if you are so inclined.) Thank you...thank you....thank you!! Vistula

Yessss!!!! I was so utterly *thrilled* with the marvelous word-gifts I received last year that I've been waiting very impatiently for my next birthday! I'd like a drabble about one or more male character(s) being heroic (however you wish to define that term -- it's not limited to deeds in battle...). My favorite races are Elves (not Kinslayers) and Rohirrim... but Faramir will do in a pinch. Or even Gimli. (Especially if he's with Legolas...) And I *love* it when someone picks out an obscure corner of canon to write about... but that's not a requirement, just icing on the (many-candled) birthday cake... Thank you! - Barbara Edit: P.S. And thanks for looking up the date, Allie -- I'm a little embarrassed that I forgot to include that bit of vital information...

For Allie/Meril's March Birthday

Allie-- Happy Birthday six weeks early! This is quick and simple, but I hope you like it. Branwyn Herbs of Healing Kneeling in the dirt, the dark-haired man slowly pulled at the tangle of weeds. Above his bowed head, blood-red flowers nodded in the breeze. “He has been out of bed for only two days. Fetch him in ere he does himself harm.” “Leave him be, Ragnor. I have been dosing him with poppies for a week; else he stares at the lamp and does not sleep. Let him pull the weeds. At times, it is better to work than to think. “ Shaking his head doubtfully, Ragnor held his peace. Later, they found Lord Faramir, under the poppies, fast asleep.

Re: For Allie/Meril's March Birthday

Oh. My. Goodness! I post six weeks early, and get a drabble within two hours? Whoever thought of this birthday drabbling is a genius! Genius, I say! Branwyn, this is absolutely wonderful! If it isn't enough that I love the HoH, I Faramir, and it's my first b-day drabble! Squee! Sometimes simplicity can bring up the most vivid images: I can see him kneeling there, with the poppies. A moment of peace in the middle of chaos. So beautiful! Thank you, thank you, thank you! May I post this in my LJ? Allie (Skipping off a happy, happy girl!)

*snork* Forgetting something, Barbara...? March ___? Allie PS - Just kidding. I looked it up on the member list: March 14.

Um, thanks for looking it up, Allie! *blush* The funny thing is, I did that last year, too... I get so excited by the idea... You're *so* right, whoever thought of this idea is an incredible genius! - Barbara, Edit: who really wishes she could awaken her drabble-muse and start contributing again...

Allie- I am glad that you liked your birthday drabble! [Does dance of joy.] I too Faramir dearly. I would be honored if you posted it at LJ. However, if anyone asks why those poppies are blooming a little early, just tell them that the herbmaster started the seeds indoors while the weather was still cold, planting them in clay pots and setting them in a southerly window. Wishing you many more birthday drabbles, Branwyn

Herbs of Healing Kneeling in the dirt, the dark-haired man slowly pulled at the tangle of weeds. Above his bowed head, blood-red flowers nodded in the breeze. “He has been out of bed for only two days. Fetch him in before he does himself harm.” “Leave him be, Ragnor. I have been dosing him with poppies for a week; else he stares at the lamp and does not sleep. Let him pull the weeds. At times, it is better to work than to think. “ Shaking his head doubtfully, Ragnor held his peace. Later, they found Lord Faramir, under the poppies, fast asleep. Ooh, nice one! Poor Faramir. Liked the imagery with his dark hair and the red flowers... RAKSHA THE DEMON

March 29 - Meril (Allie): I'm incredibly indecisive. I want (a) a happy moment between Feanor and Nerdanel, or (b) anything Houses of Healing, or (c) Galadriel and Celeborn anywhere. If you incorporate all of those (definitely not required!), I'll drop dead from shock. "Fire ze catapaults"!Allie strikes again... I've got a nuzgul latched to my leg that's making me think about how to incorporate all of these... although drabble length might not be the way... Elcalion

"Fire ze catapaults"!Allie strikes again... I've got a nuzgul latched to my leg that's making me think about how to incorporate all of these... although drabble length might not be the way... Mwa ha ha! *snork* Good luck! If you do manage it, I will faint (OK, so I exaggerated a teensy bit). I'll take whatever anyone wants to give, though! Allie

I joined the HA message board in April '04- so I've had to wait eleven long months to post this. *Grins* And I am so insanely happy. So... Birthday: March 11 Drabble: Something involving the Teleri- anything. It can be a teleri reference by some LOTR characters, or a drabble at sea, wherever, whenever. I'm not picky. I just like the teleri. :-) Ever, Erin (Whose supremem lack of drabble-writing skills leave her longing for other's.)

Happy Birthday, Allie!

You and your nuzgûl. You just HAD to fling that one, didn't you? This early, at that. Well, anyway, here's a (very) early birthday present. ~ Treasure Nerdanel studied the emerald that he had laid in her hand. It was a perfect stone, of course—one so radiant that it seemed to capture the verdant light of Yavanna herself. She looked from the jewel to its creator, smiling as she took in the eager look in his eyes. Just yesterday he had remarked how well green gems looked with her hair. “It’s beautiful, Fëanáro.” “Of course it is,” he said with a pleased grin. “A perfect jewel.” And something about the way he looked in her eyes told her that he wasn’t just talking about the stone. ~ -Ithiliel P.S.: Will there be more of Renewal soon? *hopes*

Re: Happy Birthday, Allie!

You and your nuzgûl. You just HAD to fling that one, didn't you? This early, at that. I know: I'm so bad. It really should've been at least another week before I posted the March thread. But I waited six months... I figured that was long enough! And plus, I've made Barbara, Vistula, and Erin very happy by taking the plunge first so they could make their requests! Well, anyway, here's a (very) early birthday present. SQUEE! I've already got two drabbles, way way ahead of time! And this one has my favorite, favorite elven couple! Thank you, thank you! May I repost this in my LJ? Thank you again, so very much! Allie (reflecting happily how spoiled she is: two drabbles ahead of time!) PS - Yes, I just started ch. 5 last night, and I'll probably work on it some more tonight. I think I'll have something in rough form before the weekend.

Re: Happy Birthday, Allie!

I know: I'm so bad. It really should've been at least another week before I posted the March thread. But I waited six months... I figured that was long enough! And plus, I've made Barbara, Vistula, and Erin very happy by taking the plunge first so they could make their requests! Ah, well, at least you're giving me a chance to get a head start. SQUEE! I've already got two drabbles, way way ahead of time! And this one has my favorite, favorite elven couple! Thank you, thank you! You're welcome, you're welcome! May I repost this in my LJ? But of course. It's your birthday present, after all. I'm honored! Yes, I just started ch. 5 last night, and I'll probably work on it some more tonight. I think I'll have something in rough form before the weekend. Yay! I'm going to be on vacation this weekend, but I'll have something great to come home to! Thank you... and have a great birthday. -Ithiliel

Alie's Request

Hi Allie! I spent a while trying to think of a way of incorperating all of your requests, but Celeborn and Galadriel didn't want to be written. Strangly, Nerdanel and Feanor did - which is cool 'cause I haven't written them before. This kept wanting to be a double drabble, but I wouldn't let it.
Fëanor had been working on his latest project for months, struggling to shape the metal to his will. Nerdanel enjoyed watching him - laughing as his temper flared and he threw down his tools, storming off in disgust. Yet he always returned, and that is what she liked most about him. One afternoon he finally succeeded: pouring himself into his creation as the metal resonated to his will. His braid was coming loose about his face and sparks leapt about him. He looked up briefly, and smiled at her. And in that moment, she saw him as if for the first time.
Posting your drabbles to your lj is a good idea. Do you mind me copying? I've got mine stored on my computer, 'cause I didn't know of anywhere else to put them.

Re: Alie's Request

I have to repeat this: you guys are all just spoiling me! I love it. Thank you so much, Kate! This is beautiful. I Feanor and Nerdanel! This is just how I picture him: he's easily frustrated, but so doggedly persistant that he won't give up on anything until he's succeeded. Exactly how I think of him. And lol, I don't think it can be done: incorporating all of my requests. They span ages, continents, and heavenly divides even. That's not really what I wanted, anyway. I just wanted one of the three. I'm not even the one who came up with posting them to a lj. I stole borrowed that idea from Liz. But it's a wonderful way to share b-day presents with others! Allie The Triply Happy (Three drabbles, Triply Happy...)

For Meril/Allie

Well, here's my contribution. I couldn't resist! I am afraid that giving in to this will have serious consequences...But here it goes! ~ ~ ~ It was definitely much warmer than was natural. Did anyone else think it was uncomfortably warm? No one else seemed to be bothered by the suddenly oppressive heat. Fëanor clasped his hands behind his back to keep from fiddling with his collar. He would not fiddle with his collar. Not with an audience. But the truth of the matter was he, Fëanáro, was nervous. The idea struck him as absurd. ‘I can’t do this.’ Just then, the white clad figure of Nerdanel appeared. Her copper hair contrasted starkly with her ivory gown. She was beautiful. He grinned. ‘Yes I can.’ ~ ~ ~ Hope you like! Like I said, I think I might quickly become addicted to this! -Tárion PS: My birthday is in March too!!! I'll place my request a little later, once I formulate it! I meant to wait at least until March 1st, but more than likely it will be tomorrow!

Re: For Meril/Allie

Ooooo! A drabble is just the booster I needed! After a somewhat rotten evening, this is a wonderful pick-me-up. Thank you, Tarion! You managed to get across that vulnerability that must be hidden in Feanor somewhere. I love it! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! Same question I've asked everyone: can I repost in my LJ? Allie

Happy early Birthday, Vistula

As I've written this, I thought I'd post it, otherwise I'll forget. And that way your birthday will last over a month! The Choices of Master Samwise "Master Elrond, I wanted to thank you. Mr Frodo would have died without your help." "That is what I am here for, Master Samwise." "I also wanted to apologise for my actions. You offered us a place to stay and we are grateful for it. And for everything else you have done for us." "Think nothing of it. Frodo was ill and you were worried. Now Frodo is awake he will be needing your help." "Thank you, sir." Sam took his leave and Elrond fondly watched him go, knowing there would be harder things in store for the two hobbits. Nic

Re: Happy early Birthday, Vistula

Ooooooohhh!!! Thank you so much Nic! Imagine my surprise and excitement at finding my very first birthday present! Squeeee! There is nothing at all wrong with drawing a birthday out for a month or two...nope...nothing at all! I loved this sweet image of Sam and Elrond. I've always felt that Elrond would have been very compassionate where Sam was concerned and that in a way, due to the circumstances, Sam was "robbed" of really getting to know the Master of Imladris. Thank you for such a delightful gift. Cheers, Vistula

Happy early Birthday, Vistula

I know it's hard to believe from my stories thus far, but Boromir is actually my favourite. I think. Yep, this one's also slightly too long -- call it a drabble and a half. Hope you enjoy it, Vistula! A Small Gift After camp had been made and dinner eaten, Sam would surreptitiously watch Boromir whittling and wondered what a Man like him would carve. One evening, after preparing Mr. Frodo’s bedroll, Sam turned to unroll his own and found a small wooden pony perched on his rucksack. Looking more closely, Sam saw that it was Bill, complete with overloaded packs, shaggy fetlocks, and forelock hanging across one eye. Surprised and pleased, Sam looked toward Boromir, who was talking with Strider. The man of Gondor did not seem to notice Sam’s attention, but in the firelight, Sam swore he saw a grin sneak across Boromir’s face.

Double and triple squee moment! Two drabbles in two days...I am sooooooooo excited! This is absolutely wonderful EdorasLass. What a different interpretation of Sam and Boromir! I always find myself writing Sam as distrustful...it is so refreshing to see an "ice breaker" moment between the two of them. I love the fact that Boromir aparently notices that his gift has been received. Thank you so much for the lovely treat to brighten the end of my day! Vistula

And lol, I don't think it can be done: incorporating all of my requests. They span ages, continents, and heavenly divides even. That's not really what I wanted, anyway. I just wanted one of the three. It's not going to stop me from trying! I actually have an idea! *Lightbulb* Although it does require one of the 'alternate' versions of the Celeborn/Galadriel story...Want to guess which one? All shall be revealed...(If I manage to keep it in drabble form that is) - are quadruple/higher drabbles allowed? By the way, the Nuzgul you flung says "Hi"... Elcalion

Oh, that's a great representation of Elrond and Sam. Two of my favorite characters. I'd always wanted to see more of them in the books, but it never came. And then the movies came, and still nothing. Beautiful job! Ever, Erin

I wrote: And lol, I don't think it can be done: incorporating all of my requests. They span ages, continents, and heavenly divides even. That's not really what I wanted, anyway. I just wanted one of the three. elcalion replied: It's not going to stop me from trying! I actually have an idea! *Lightbulb* Although it does require one of the 'alternate' versions of the Celeborn/Galadriel story...Want to guess which one? All shall be revealed...(If I manage to keep it in drabble form that is) - are quadruple/higher drabbles allowed? Ooo, you tease! Yes, any and all pieces of writing are allowed (and appreciated!). If it gets to be too long (say, substantially more than 400 words), create a story for the drabble and link to it here. As a teaser, I got a drabble by e-mail which I hope the wonderful author (you know who you are) will repost here eventually... It managed to combine all three of my requests beautifully. So even in the middle of my dropping-dead-from-shock, I was delighted. By the way, the Nuzgul you flung says "Hi"... In my defense, this one was flung completely unintentionally. I added that last line as a joke, thinking, Wow, such diverse requests. I'll bet no one can combine all these. I had no idea it would be taken as a challenge. OK, maybe I had a little idea that some people might try to. I repeat: no idea. Allie

Thanks Vistula and Erin. I quite like Sam, so I'd have liked to have seen more of them together as well. Perhaps I should remember that when it comes to my birthday... Nic

Re: For Meril/Allie

You're welcome! Of course you can post it on your LJ, I would be honored! Sorry it took so long to respond, I was bombarded with things to do this weekend! I don't know where they all came from!! -Tárion

I'm horrible at writing drabbles (one of the many reasons I'm never on this forum) but I just might be able to inspire (or create) my drabbling muse for something like that. When is your birthday? Ever, Erin

This is absolutely wonderful EdorasLass. What a different interpretation of Sam and Boromir! I always find myself writing Sam as distrustful...it is so refreshing to see an "ice breaker" moment between the two of them I do tend to think of Sam as distrustful as well, especially when it comes to Boromir. But I also think that there had to be a time where everybody was at peace with everyone else, even if it was just for a moment. I'm glad you liked it ! I'm not very good at drabbling -- much too talkative -- but I'm trying to learn!

When is your birthday? It's May. I'll remember to request Elrond & Sam when we get close enough for a May thread, and you could start now! Nic

I probably should. It just might take me that long to get my muse going... or maybe to get it half-stopping. I like long, detailed stories, and they're pretty much all I can write, which really adds to my appretiation of those who can write drabbles. So if I can get myself to write something vaguely drabble-ish, my muse won't go down without a fight. Actually, I'm starting to look forward to the challenge. Ever, Erin

Happy early birthday, Erin!

Yes, this is early, but I couldn't resist a drabble that made me do research. And it is now official that Olwë, much like his brother Thingol, cannot keep his drabbles to 100 words! So here is a drabble-and-a-half, 150 words exactly, just for you. Enjoy, and have a great birthday! ~ White Gulls “Look, Atar!” She grasps my hand and pulls me toward the railing of our ship, pointing to a flock of white birds circling above us in the sky. “What are they?” she asks, balancing on her tiptoes. I smile to myself. “Those are gulls, Eärwen.” She frowns. “Why are they crying?” I listen more closely. Their call does sound like wails of grief. “I do not know,” I say. She looks from the gulls to me, and there is a flicker of something deep in her eyes. “Are they crying for Uncle Elwë?” she says. “Do they miss him, too?” I blink as a spray of saltwater slashes across my face. Elwë. “Perhaps,” I say evasively, keeping my voice even. She shrugs and looks back up at the birds. “I think so.” I close my eyes against the saltwater that continues to pelt me. Elwë would have loved the gulls. ~ -Ithiliel (PS: Just to clarify, "Atar" is Quenya for "father.)

...And one for Elena Tiriel!

My muses would like to thank you for that clause about heroism not being limited to deeds in battle. It was very inspiring. I hope that this corner of canon is sufficiently obscure! Happy birthday, Elena! ~ Traitor Daeron moved through the corridors of Menegroth as silently as a shadow. The light of torches glinted on his silver flute, and leaves clung to the hem of his robe. He stopped before the door to his king’s chamber and raised one hand to knock. Wait, a voice in his mind screamed. She will hate you forever… Lúthien will never forgive you! He bit his lip, closing his eyes for one brief moment. Yet if I do not, and she falls because of it, I will never forgive myself. He knocked on the thick wooden door. I love you, Lúthien. ~ -Ithiliel Edit: Fixed a formatting issue. Resolved now.

I don't normally post here, but what the heck.... My birthday is March 6th. For drabbles--let's see the bad guys in action, shall we? Khazar

Happy birthday, Khazar!

You know, there's a reason that when I saw the poll for "what do you do when a nuzgûl bites?", I responded, "sit down and start writing." I saw this challenge, stewed about it for a while, then while riding down the highway on my way home, I was bitten. Note: This one is rather violent, and if anyone thinks I should up the rating, I will do so. I don't think it will offend, but it may. Happy birthday, Khazar! ~ Shadow and Flame I remember him well. He thought he could defeat me. I saw him leap toward me, sword in hand and armor gleaming, and I read the feral gleam in his eyes. He put up a good fight, I will give him that. He was undaunted by my whip and flame, and he did not flinch even when his gloves burst into fire on his hands. But as we fell into the abyss, his golden hair tangled burning in my claws, I read the fear and pain in his eyes. And I knew I had won. Yes, I remember him well. ~ -Ithiliel

Re: ...And one for Elena Tiriel!

Traitor Squeeeeee! That is *so* touching and *so* sad! And you're right, it took an enormous amount of courage for Daeron to face the awful consequences of saving the woman he loved so much... I've just spent two whole days sitting through the process of jury selection for a minor criminal trial. I had never gotten that far as a potential juror before, so it started out interesting, but got deadly dull after two whole days of hearing the exact same questions over and over and over to nearly thirty people (to empanel a jury of twelve plus one alternate). And to top it off, I was disappointed in not being called. So I (finally) got home, took a decidedly involuntary nap while in the middle of some research, managed to get my eyes open, and then found this! What a lovely gift to cheer up an otherwise terrible day! Thank you so much, Ithiliel! - Barbara

Re: Happy early birthday, Erin!

I don't mind the earliness at all! *g* And I get an extra fifty words. I would say that it's like an early birthday, but that's just what it is. So spiffy- and perfect. It's got everything I could have asked for. So touching, too. The grief that was felt for Elwë feels so real. You're excellant with emotions. I love Eärwen's innocence and pureness. I'm not sure whether to be happy or sad. This is an excellant drabble, which makes me happy (yay for Erin!) but the drabble itself is so sad. I either want to laugh or go find some quiet place and eat lots of chocolate. Doing both might not have the best results. Thanks so much! This is an excellant birthday drabble, and I didn't even need to wait! Ever, Erin

Newbie here.... Is there a chance I might find a Boromir drabble here for me? March 6th.... Thanks.... Agape

Consider it done, Agape. I added your request to the top. Allie (Who is
  • (a) trying to write a drabble for everyone who requests one in her b-day month.
  • (b) so super-excited that tomorrow is the actual start date of March! Whee!
  • (c) completely unashamed that she will have to start a second thread for March in probably the first two days of the month. All 'cause she was so impatient.)

Happy Birthday, Agape4Gondor! I had started this double for the "Dance" challenge, thanks for motivating me to finish it! And thank you, Branwyn, for your toughlove betaskills. For the Moon to lead, and all the Stars to follow She watches him dance. Marriageable maidens, eyes downcast, smiling shyly; laughing young matrons, safely flirtatious; silver-haired dowagers, honored for their husband’s wealth and rank. He dances with them sedately; chats with them politely; returns them to their companions graciously. He does what is required of him in social situations; he has little interest in these things. She will not dance. He is so accustomed to her refusal it has become a bit of joke between them. He meets her glance; raises an eyebrow; she shakes her head; he laughs, moves on. So many times she danced with his father! She was young, and in love; Denethor was not. He could bide his time; she had wealth and lineage too valuable to spare. She raised and sacrificed sons for Gondor; he waited, loved, lost. She will not dance; dares not imagine she is young and beautiful and in those arms again. A breeze, a flicker, a trick of the candlelight sets Boromir aglow with such fierce radiance her heart seems to stop. She moves toward him; surprised, he takes her hand. Dance with me, child. Delight an old woman. He smiles and leads her, tender as a lover, to the dance.

RE: For the Moon to lead, and all the Stars to follow

Awwwww. Ann, this is lovely. A breeze, a flicker, a trick of the candlelight sets Boromir aglow with such fierce radiance her heart seems to stop. Oooooh, what a great line. You should consider writing romance novels; you could make lots of money... And where did you get the title? It's nice. RAKSHA

Boromir dancing -- what a lovely though, even if he's not really interested in doing so. And what an interesting perspective on Denethor! Makes me very curious about the woman -- not that I am in any way suggesting that she would make a good subject for a slightly longer story. Because I would never do such a thing. Very nice, Ann!

Re: For the Moon to lead, and all the Stars to follow

Oh, wow, thanks! The title is from Francis Beaumont (1584–1616), British dramatist: "Shake off your heavy trance, and leap into a dance, Such as no mortals use to tread, fit only for Apollo To play to, for the Moon to lead, And all the Stars to follow. Thank you,Columbia World of Quotations at Bartleby.com!

I did it! I managed to wait until March to post my birthday request! Well, mainly because I was pretty busy at the end of last week... Anyways, I would reeeeeeeeeeeally love something with the sons of Feanor. Especially the younger ones, if you're up to it! I'd also take anything with Elladan & Elrohir if you don't want to do kinslayers (I love them to death). (Just no slash please!) My birthday is March 23. Man...I love this forum! Hehe -Tárion

Request

My birthday is March 31. I'd love drabbles about Arwen (a criminally underwritten character IMO), especially if they focus on a part of her life other than her relationship with Aragorn. If you're an Arwen-hater, write me a drabble about Sam and his garden and I'll be just as happy. There are some wonderful writers here and I can't wait to see what you all come up with. Thanks in advance.

An Early Present for Meril

I actually had to *gasp* Open up my copy of the Silmarilion! *gasp* The Birth of Silm Fan Fiction “Now Huan devised a plan for the aid of Luthien, and coming at night, he brought her a cloak…” “Da.” Sam tried to ignore the tugging on his sleeve. “Yes, Daisy?” “Where did Huan get the cloak?” “Hmmm, they don’t ever explain that, do they?” “Hush up, Daisy! We want to hear the story!” “Where did he get it, Da?” “Where do you think he got it, love?” “I think he sniffed at every door, and when he found one that was open, he…” Sam reached over Robin’s sleepy head to pass her paper and quill. “Write it down, love.” Ann

Re: An Early Present for Meril

Ooooh Ann! I know it wasn't for me but I must say YEA!!!! a very nice drabble. And with my favorite Hobbit gardener in it too... Very lovely, homey little image. Cheers! Vistula

Re: An Early Present for Meril

*grin* It was almost as good a present that you took the effort to open the Silm. (Read it...) I love it! Hobbit kids are just so darn cute! Allie

Wow - this is the third time I've tried to post a reply. Shees! But well worth it for this was absolutely gorgeous. Thank you, Ann! I would melt like the candles to see Boromir - and Denethor - ah very sad. Thank you, Agape *crosses fingers & hopes it 'takes'*

Erin, This just hit me, and it's my very first drabble, so don't expect much ...Naturally, I chose my favorites, Legolas and Gimli to be in it... Visions of the Past Gimli stared in wonder at the craft bobbing in that water. "By Mahal, Lad, how did you ever???" "It's just a ship, Gimli. We need one, and so I built it." "But it's a work of art! Where did you? How?" "Just a plan from memory. Passed down. It's a smaller copy of the ships my forefathers built long ago. The ships of the Teleri which were burned that horrible night so many years ago. I thought it fitting to build it in their honor. Do you like it?" Silmarillion Chapter IX Of The Flight of the Noldor "So in that place that was called Losgar at the outlet of the Firth of Drengist ended the fairest vessels that ever sailed the sea, in a great burning, bright and terrible Eruwestial

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to HASA Birthday Cards Forum