Forum: Research Questions

Discussing: Hobbit/elf offspring

Hobbit/elf offspring

Talk about your loaded questions . . .

Am beginning to outline a story for the Fairy Wife nuzgul in the Hutch. My question is this: is there anything at all in the canon that would make it genetically/physically impossible for a hobbit male & elf female to actually produce a child together?

Regina

PS I'm going to make the elf shorter than normal, so you all can get your minds out of the gutter right there.

Re: Hobbit/elf offspring

Genetically, probably not impossible - Hobbits seem to be a subspecies of Men, from what I can tell, and we all know that Men and Elves can interbreed successfully.

Plausibly - I'm likely to run away screaming. But that's just me, and if you can set it up to make sense, more power to you!

Cel

Well, it's just that height thing and, well, then there's the furry feet. I know long hair is supposedly a turn on for Elves, but I don't think it extends to foot hair. ;)

No doubt, but I can tell you the story will be set in TA 1900-1974, around the time of the final fall of the North-kingdom. My elf will be about 45 (so not yet at full growth, plus she will be short compared to others), while the hobbit will be a Fallohide type unmixed with the other Hobbit strains--thus he won't be so hairy in the foot. Yes, I've given a lot of thought on how to finesse this already.

Or maybe Elves do dig foot hair--who knows?

Regina

Logistics aside, though, isn't that a bit young for an Elf to become sexually active?

-Aerlinnel

Wanted to tell everyone who already commented that I've set up a thread at my forum with a more detailed plotline for this possible story. Your ideas were very helpful--but I'm still not sure I can make it work. Guess I won't know til I try . . .

Regina

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to Research Questions

Stories linked to the forum