Forum: Fileg's stories

Discussing: Collaborative Mayhem

Collaborative Mayhem

So you're being a Hobbit and giving mathoms now, are you? You know this needs to be a stage show! I can just see the V&A girls (not me though - I'm directing!) dancing across the stage in highheels, fishnets and top hats singing Oh, Boromir! Thou art a hottie!- ka-boom - KICK! ;-)

Avon

Re: Collaborative Mayhem

Ha!

Because he's such a true hottie
we stare- does that make us naughty?

That was great all of you authors, protagonists, collaborators...

Now I ask, will this continue? And, I'd love to see the parts that were... ahem... conscientiously omitted.

Avon, can I have a little part on this play?

This made my evening, really. I am still amazed at the things one can do with and through poetry. This is so cleverly written, it's just a delight to read, if only for the sound and playful teasing that you feel when you read it. Add to that the alluring images it conjures of both our heroes... (deleted) What can i say? This was great.

Starlight

Thanks! We were a little cranky about how poetry is viewed, and we decided to play with it.

We were thinking about lampooning "fanon" by writing an accompanying piece called "Don't cry, Faramir! You're a hottie, too!"

I got a real kick out of this, a much appreciated mathom.

We were thinking about lampooning "fanon" by writing an accompanying piece called "Don't cry, Faramir! You're a hottie, too!"

Which immediately brought to mind "Don't cry for me, Minas Tirith..."

Doesn't anyone want to write a poem for Aragorn's body parts? (His eyes, his smile, that's all I mean, of course.)

Lyllyn

I regret to say that I got as far as working out that there was a brand of underwear that rhymed with Bloom before realising that would be RPF (even RPUP) - but you try rhyming with Legolas!

Avon

Of course, you may, Starlight - there's always room in the V&A chorus ;-)

Will you do the Faramir bit? Oh, it sounds like it can become a precious poem! Poor thing, always coming in second... I think he's not gonna like that "too" at the end of the phrase, heh!

Lyllyn, "Don't cry for me, Minas Tirith" nearly makes me choke.

Don't cry for me, Minas Tirith
the truth is I'll never leave you
Tho' seeing thy winding streets,
White Tow'rs and dead trees
It's no small wonder
you feel forsaken...

Doesn't anyone want to write a poem for Aragorn's body parts? (His eyes, his smile, that's all I mean, of course.)

Lyllyn

The sword-that-was-broken?

*innocent look*

Avon

oohh...

*innocent look*

You know, this reminds me of a time when I was still looking at the faces to spot the dimples...

Starlight

Doesn't anyone want to write a poem for Aragorn's body parts?

I do... but I'm afraid Chris will hurt me!!

I regret to say that I got as far as working out that there was a brand of underwear that rhymed with Bloom before realising that would be RPF (even RPUP) - but you try rhyming with Legolas!

I'm not saying NO rps was mentioned.... or that there might have not been a "fondue" verse that was completely beyond the pale...

Fruit of the Bloom sounds like an MPREG, Avon!! But try this as a little starter rhyme for silly-verse: Legolas / Beg, O lass!

I think he's not gonna like that "too"
LOL!! That was what stopped me!! He deserves a plain old hottie poem of his own - but I am such a drooling fangirl now!! Where can I go but (oops! almost said "down! Help, Flick!!! Chris, get the stapler!! LOL!)

ok, I am not sure I can resist this one!!

You know, this reminds me of a time when I was still looking at the faces to spot the dimples.

Ahhh!! ROFL!!

Starlight wrote: Now I ask, will this continue? And, I'd love to see the parts that were... ahem... conscientiously omitted.

Well, there is a potential, inter-textual post-modern version with insertable verses from Bill the pony, Christopher Lee and the wargs, but we realized that this is a respectable forum and you have to draw the line somewhere... I guess...

And I loved your Minas TIrith verse. Goes right along with Avon's idea of us all starring in a stage show...

flick

Ok, I found it. And am so glad I did.

Ahh, who are we kidding. We both know we want you
clinging to my body like a wizard's bad toupee
Did you think I could pass up a ranger stud like you?

Excellent! It's getting late on my time zone, so I apologise for not being more constructive. May it suffice to say my flatmates must be very annoyed with me because I'm laughing out loud at this time of the night.

- Elina

I do... but I'm afraid Chris will hurt me!!

Of course you can **write** it! Just no touching...

C-

Don't cry for me, Minas Tirith
the truth is I'll never leave you
Tho' seeing thy winding streets,
White Tow'rs and dead trees
It's no small wonder
you feel forsaken...

I missed a lot on this forum, Starlight, this is great!

And whoever wants to write whatever about Aragorn's body parts, I'll read it (only for the literary criticsm aspect, naturally)

I'm not sure I can resist that one

Is his sword broken? They have good treatments for that now a days, you know.

Lyllyn

Is his sword broken? They have good treatments for that now a days, you know.

He might lose some of his dignity and majesty --

Look for the sword that is splinted
In Estel's pants it dwells....

Look for the sword that is splinted
In Estel's pants it dwells....

You are tempting me to work on this, but whatever I come up would probably not be suitable for an open forum.

Lyllyn

Edited to add a crude attempt:

Seek for the sword that is broken
In Estel's pants it dwells;
There shall be potions taken
Stronger than impotent spells
There shall be shown a token
that you should use your hand
So Isildur's bone shall waken
And the whole thing forth shall stand.

I am helpless, Lyllyn. I can only repeat the phrase " Isildur's bone " over and over and roll on the floor.

The Council of Elrond is disintegrating in my mind even now...

So Isildur's bone shall waken
And the whole thing forth shall stand.

Lyllyn, lyllyn, lyllyn.... and I thought powzie and I were bad.

Coffee all over the keyboard,
flick

Lyllyn, lyllyn, lyllyn.... and I thought powzie and I were bad.

[Grins unrepentantly at Powzie and Flick] Oh, you are, you are, otherwise you wouldn't appreciate this. It's just that sometimes I'm very bad.

And anyone who could write:
even when you acted snotty and though by orcs you’re sort of screwed…
has my respect. Oh, and rhyming 'hottie' with 'grotty' which was a gem.

Not to mention the great image of:
and leave me shivering in fetching, manly disarray...
and the wickedness of:
but when you enter Gondor, I'll be with you all the way.

Lyllyn

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is closed to the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

« Back to Fileg's stories