Forum: Being a Beta Reader

Discussing: Research Articles on Beta Reading

Research Articles on Beta Reading

To complement the existing excellent article on Betas and Reviewers: Care and Feeding, we've put together a couple of other research articles. Beta reading at HASA provides an introduction to beta reading and some ideas for finding a beta reader - or becoming one! Beta reading samples provides some examples of the different ways authors and beta readers work can together.

Re: Research Articles on Beta Reading

Beta reading samples provides some examples of the different ways authors and beta readers work can together. Liz! Quick! Put the quotes marks in my revised story!!!! For some reason they are missing. Help! What a thing for a beta reader to miss. Gwynnyd

Urk - I am so sorry Gwynnyd! I really don't know what happened there, because the quote marks were in the version you sent me that I copied and pasted into the chapter. Or at least I thought they were - and I really don't see why I would have stripped them all out! I did notice the quote marks had gone out of the commentary at the end and put them back, but not that they had gone from the story as well.... It should be fixed now. Let me know if you see any more problems with the article. And thanks for pointing it out. Cheers, Liz (I did have several people beta read this before we posted it, honest....)

Oops, sorry - I saw that but assumed it had been done on purpose for some reason. Avon

Nope, just a screw up If you see anything else a bit weird, please let me know. It may be intentional, but it may not be. Cheers, Liz

Urk - I am so sorry Gwynnyd! S'OK. I just didn't want it to be a problem all the while you were away. Thank you, and have a wonderful time! Gwynnyd

I just didn't want it to be a problem all the while you were away. As the articles are posted under the shared HASA Resources ID, any of the other admins can amend them if necessary while I'm away (and have my full permission to do so). Cheers, Liz

These look great. I know a lot of work is going into building these articles and I'm sure people will get a lot of good out of them.

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to Being a Beta Reader

Stories linked to the forum