Forum: Challenges Fundraiser

Discussing: Sun, Shadow and Smaug - Challenge Entries

Sun, Shadow and Smaug - Challenge Entries

For more information about this challenge, read the Challenge description.

If you have entered a story (or two or three) in the Challenge, post a note here so readers know and can comment!

Anglachel

Re: Sun, Shadow and Smaug - Challenge Entries

Hi,

I have just entered a poem on the subject of Mirkwood.

You said length allowances were made for poetry--I hope my entry is not considered too short!

(Also, the rules said that the entry should be posted exclusively to HASA while the challenge is ongoing, but I have assumed that that doesn't mean there should be no links to the entry on HASA from anywhere else, because that would seem a bit self-defeating...)

H.

Very nice - and I loved that little scene in the movie

(and of course linking is fine - fine contest if we couldn't talk about it Laugh out loud )

Thank you very much!

Yes, I did like that scene in the movie--and I also loved it in the book.

I've posted a wee story for the challenge, which features a "shadow" theme.  Smile

A good look at book-Thranduil's state of mind - I don't have the reference at hand, but I believe about two-thirds of Oropher's army was lost in the Last Alliance, and Dol Guldur must have been uncomfortably close for Thranduil, even before it was known to be Sauron's dwelling.

I've just added a vignette of Dain and Thranduil talking to the Challenge: A few words.

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to Challenges Fundraiser