My Lord Arathorn... It's a Girl!
In this AU, Arathorn and Gilraen's only child is a girl. Think about the ramifications, the changes, the alterations to the storyline. What would happen if the Heir of Isildur were a woman, and set to become a ruling Queen?
Just a few starting points: remember that Thorongil defeated the Captain of the Corsairs about 40 - 50 years before the events of the Lord of the Rings series. What happens if you remove that battle from history?
This is a complex alternative universe to envision, since effectively the past eighty-seven years of history prior to the events of the Lord of the Rings have to be revised and rewritten. It would suit a writer who's seriously interested in exploring gender roles in Middle Earth, or one who's fascinated by the "for the want of a nail" questions of history.
Entries with Stories
The following authors have entered a story in the Challenge.
- Cold Like Fire - Hope of Men
- General Audience
- Last Updated: 30 Oct 04
- Written for the "My Lord Arathorn . . . It's a Girl!" challenge. AU. Arathorn and Gilraen did have a child . . . but it was not a son, but a daughter.
- Meg Thornton - Argaladiel (aka Notes From A 400lb Nuzgûl)
- Adult Audience
- Last Updated: 27 Apr 03
- This is my response to the 400lb Nuzgûl "Lord Arathorn, It's a Girl".
It's an AU, so there's a lot of different characters. At the moment this is going to be the landing spot for all the various bits that come to mind. Criticism greatly wanted, and greatly appreciated.
- WargishBoromirFan - Stella, or the Nuzgul are Eating Warg Alive
- General Audience
- Last Updated: 28 Dec 05
- For the "My Lord Arathorn, it's a Girl!" AU challenge. Starring the lovechild of Loony Luna and Thorongil. Warnings: No obvious sex and violence, but an oblique mention or two of the former. Also, Warg needs less fancrack.