In 'The Hobbit' Tolkien wrote about Beorn, a man who could change into a bear. His descendants, the Beornings, are said to have the same ability. But surely, with Middle-earth being so large and inhabited by a multitude of unusual beings there is a very real possibility that the Beornings weren't the only Skin-changers.
So why not write about these unique Men? There's a world of possibilities!
- When and how did they acquire the ability to change into an animal?
- How would Skin-changers perceive Arda, seeing that they would probably have a much stronger bond to it than other Men?
- What would their interaction with other Men be like? And for that matter, Dwarwes, Elves, Hobbits etc.?
- The way of life of Skin-changers - social structure, culture, tradition, religious beliefs if any.
- And most importantly of all, how did Beorn's bees get so huge? Steroids? :p
Courtesy of Malva Headstrong.
Entries with Stories
The following authors have entered a story in the Challenge.
- Adult Audience
- Last Updated: 15 May 06
- A mysterious ranger is called by Gandalf to attend the Coucil of Elrond and reluctantly follows the Fellowship to find destiny foretold.
The following authors have entered a placeholder in the Challenge.
- Adoption Date: 08 Feb 05
Created: December 04, 2004
Originator: Malva Headstrong
Search for key terms in Challenge, Nuzgûl & Oliphaunt titles and descriptions.
Results are ordered alphabetically by title.