Queen of Númenor
She was the second Ruling Queen of Númenor. She was long lived (for the women of the Númenóreans had the longer life, or laid down their lives less easily), and she would wed with no man. therefore after her day the sceptre passed to Minastir; he was the son of Isilmo, the second child of Tar-Súrion. Tar-Telperien was born in the year 1320; she ruled for 175 years, until 1731, and died in that same year.
--The Unfinished Tales: The Line of Elros
Many stories have been written of Tar-Míriel, Ar-Pharazôn, Tar-Aldarion, and so forth. But what of this woman, the second Ruling Queen of Númenor? Little is known of her, save that she never married and passed the sceptre on to her nephew.
Why did she never marry? Was she an Elizabeth I-like figure, having been scarred at an early age by a situation dealing with marriage? Or did she indeed have a love, only to have lost him ere they could marry? Or could the one she loved have been one of the Eldar that visited from Tol Eressa?
Speak of one of the forgotten rulers of Númenor. Her name has never been held up with the likes of Tar-Aldarion or Tar-Míriel, but hers is a story that could be just as interesting and important.
Entries with Stories
The following authors have entered a story in the Challenge.
- AngelQueen - Accursed Dawn
- Adult Audience
- Last Updated: 15 Feb 08
- A princess of Númenor finds what she needs in the darkness, but the dawn always comes. For the 'Queen of Númenor' Nuzgûl.
- Aruthir - Portrait Of A Queen
- General Audience
- Last Updated: 05 Jun 10
- Tar-Telperien was the second Ruling Queen of Númenor, and never met her great-grandmother Tar-Ancalimë, the first such Queen...
...In life, at least.
- Aruthir - Requiem At Sunset
- General Audience
- Last Updated: 28 Jul 07
- A girl, a boy and a tale of long-lost Númenor.
The following authors have entered a placeholder in the Challenge.
- Entry Date: 06 Dec 04