HASA How-tos - May 2011
Release Date: 23 May 11
Category: General Announcement
This month's HASA How-to tells you how to customize My Stuff and update your profile.
How do I...
... use the Forums?
In this How-to you will learn what My Stuff is and some of what you can use it for.
What is My Stuff for?
As the name says, it is where you will find your own stuff. Here you can manage your profile, add and update stories, see reviews, send alerts, and other activities.
How does this area work?
When you sign up as a member on HASA, you automatically get a My Stuff section. You have to be logged in to see your information. You use My Profile to manage the information in your profile.
There are other areas in My Stuff, such as My Stories and all of the related activities. My Stories is where you create and manage your stories. You may add as many stories as you like to the database. In the reviews section, authors who submit stories for review and members who perform reviews can see the reviews given and received.
There are the promotional tools, all gathered in the My Readers section. The links to Forums, Playlists, Workshops and Challenges all go to pages where you can take care of things in those areas.
Now, though, we will only look at how to update your profile and customize the pods in the main and righthand columns
How do I update my member profile?
- Log in.
- Click on "My Profile" in the main navigation drop down menu.
- On the main My Profile page, you will see all of your profile information displayed in boxes. In the main column are member info and personal web links. On the right you find login info, author name, whether or not you're a reviewer, and your beta reading info.
- Click the "Edit" button on any box to update that part of your profile.
You can give as little or as much information as you're comfortable with; for instance, while there is an option to display nationality or where you live, this isn't obligatory.
How do I customize My Stuff?
The My Stuff home page comes with a set of pods that you can add to and arrange on your My Stuff home page.
- Log in.
- Go to My Stuff home.
- Click on the "Customize Page" link in the navigation column on the right.
- You now see a page where you can select one or more pods for the main column and the side column of the My Stuff home page. Detailed instructions for adding the pods are on the page.
- After you add pods, you can set an order to them.
- Return to the home page and do final adjustments for how many records to show in each pod.